Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are missing the point. If Joe Blow gets a t.o. and clears all the steps and just happens to know peggy sue in the hiring center, you better believe he'll be headed to fletc on the first thing smoking from his poe. And dont speak with such certainty that there are THOUSANDS of people cleared and waiting for EVERY poe in the usa. You never know is what im saying.
    Last edited by barnaj; 11-18-2010, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Barnaj,

Depending on POE (LAX/LBB, JFK/EWR) I'm inclined to agree about the uncertainty on THOUSANDS waiting on line for each Port.
      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Anyone taking the new test is looking at at least six
        Months just to get a TO. I wish knowing hire ups would help, because I do and I am still not on the job. I have a TO and fully cleared for JFK (a high turnover port) since early 2008. That's just not how it works. The SWB may be different, but for those of you selecting other ports once you see those of us that have already been waiting 2+ years getting called for EOD expect to get your EOD 1+ year from then. And I don't expect an EOD in FY11, hoping for FY12.

Take the test. Forget about it and live your life as usual or you will drive yourself crazy waiting 2,3,4 years for the call
        Last edited by LIcoastie; 11-18-2010, 02:27 PM.
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• If you are looking to test in DC, pick Sterling (Dullas) Virginia. It's pretty close to DC. That's where I chose but wasn't given a date or time yet. It stated that I would be notified in 10 days of date and time.

Good luck...
          Last edited by CZ_Kid; 11-18-2010, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
            Anyone taking the new test is looking at at least six
            Months just to get a TO. I wish knowing hire ups would help, because I do and I am still not on the job. I have a TO and fully cleared for JFK (a high turnover port) since early 2008. That's just not how it works. The SWB may be different, but for those of you selecting other ports once you see those of us that have already been waiting 2+ years getting called for EOD expect to get your EOD 1+ year from then. And I don't expect an EOD in FY11, hoping for FY12.

Take the test. Forget about it and live your life as usual or you will drive yourself crazy waiting 2,3,4 years for the call
            What kind of person do you know? I know a manager type recruiter in the north east so I was thinking that would help me stay local. I don't know though. I was going to wait till I get my NOR before I call him.

Comment

• Hi everyone I had a question I just applies for the CBP position three days ago here in Miami and they still have not scheduled me for a test date. I see here that everyone is talking about how long the wait is can anyone give me an insight on how long I would be having to wait? Also i see that they are hiring in Miami are they just announcing that so that people may apply or do they really have those openings ???

Comment

• Anyone know how to contact the testing unit responsible for usatestmanager website? I originally did not have a test date, logged in today to learn I was scheduled for Philly, then just went back and it says my status is cancelled.

Comment

• Yes, I have the number 866-458-3838

Comment

• What time of day are applicants getting scheduled to test?

Thanks...

Comment

• Nobody here knows what hiring will be like in 2012, 2013.

CBP hired roughly 3000 CBPOs in 2007, 3000 in 2008 and 2500 in 2009. Last year they hired around 200.
                      If and when it's needed, they'll go back to hiring thousands.

Comment

• Merlin436 do you think that they will be hiring in Miami ???? Thats where I applied. How long have you been in the hiring process?

Comment

• Originally posted by C.R 88 View Post
                          Merlin436 do you think that they will be hiring in Miami ???? Thats where I applied. How long have you been in the hiring process?
                          LOL...Merlin is a VET, he is not in the hiring process. Like everybody else said, nobody taking this upcoming test should not on planning on looking to get an EOD for a while. A lot of us have been cleared for years and waiting for a final call.

Comment

• Originally posted by C.R 88 View Post
                            Merlin436 do you think that they will be hiring in Miami ???? Thats where I applied. How long have you been in the hiring process?
                            Seriously dude.... do some searching on the forum! merlin IS a CBPO that offers applicants insight on the job, and hiring process. Read and you'll see what if any "hiring" is going on and where (NOWHERE!)... There are Miami applicants with TO's and probably in TSU that applied back in 2007! Take the test and forget about it, it is what's been repeated many times in the last few days, take it to heart.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• They'll hire in Miami when they need to hire in Miami. My guess would be that Miami FO will see new hires, perhaps just a trickle...but some new hires.

Originally, I think I tested for USCS sometime around 1988. That's roughly how long I've been in the hiring process.
                              This go around...I've been with CBP since shortly after the merger.

Comment

• Lol @ Yoda...
                                TSU - 8/28/09
                                TO - 3/2009
                                On the job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7968 users online. 265 members and 7703 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X