Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know how often NYC hires? And or if there is really a chance of getting hired of this test? I know it might have been asked on this thread before, sry.
    “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

• It's really hard to tell where hiring will be 2+ years from now. You have to figure any old timers who were ready to retire will hold on for 3 more years to capture the pay grade increase to 12 in their high 3's. As many have pointed out, SWB will be your best bet, as all other locations will be hiring due to attrition only. That is, no new funded positions. Stick it out and see what happens. The test is half a day of your life, but could have major upside if hiring improves.

Comment

• Rocknroll,

I took the test for NYC 3 years ago. I recieved a T.O. almost 2 years ago and was cleared for employment 5 months after that. I have been waiting and cleared to be hired for almost a year and a half and I don't expect to be hired any time in the next 2 1/2 years. It can't hurt to take the test, maybe the U.S. will get back on track for fiscal solvency in the next year and they will resume hiring en-masse like before. If I was a betting man I'd bet that they cut the homeland security agency personnel budget further before that happens.

Nobody can give you an ETA on employement. It is a free test to take like the NYPD and maybe you'll get hired in 5 years like the NYPD. I'd get psyched to take the test and find out more about the job, but there is no way thaat this job will happen fast.
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Am I missing something or is the study guide the same one from 3+ years ago?
          I guess they didn't really change the test too much then. Also the description of the exam in the announcement is pretty much the same as the old test.
          Seems like they just wanted an excuse to dump all the apps and start over.

Comment

• I was just about to ask myself where is the new study guide

Comment

• The SW Border is waiting for you.

Comment

• So if they wont be hiring other than the southwest border why do they have vacancies open everywhere or is it just to gather a bigger pool of applicants?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
                  So if they wont be hiring other than the southwest border why do they have vacancies open everywhere or is it just to gather a bigger pool of applicants?
                  If you take the time to read through a few pages back you will see "why"....
                  they want a ready pool of applicants of about 25,000 nationwide, about half that number had already tested and never received a TO, and will have to re-test if they want to be in the pool. If I have learned anything through my time processing with the Fed, is that little to nothing makes sense in the way they do things... and sometimes they just have to do things to just to ratify the existence their jobs!
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                    Am I missing something or is the study guide the same one from 3+ years ago?
                    I guess they didn't really change the test too much then. Also the description of the exam in the announcement is pretty much the same as the old test.
                    Seems like they just wanted an excuse to dump all the apps and start over.
                    Take it with a grain of salt. The FAQ's "updated" as of 11/10/2010, also state that at the end of your 16 weeks at FLETC you must complete a 1.5 mile run in 16.5 minutes or less. On a side note, the study guide is dated from february of 2009. Im sure the new on will be mailed to you with your notice of admission.
                    Last edited by barnaj; 11-18-2010, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Its all about luck. You might put in for NY or N. Dakota and be hired in 6 months. It DOES happen, just not to the majority obviously. Its like the lottery, the only thing for certain is that if you dont buy a ticket, you are sure not to win.

Comment

• No one from this announcement will be hired in 6 months lol. Bottom line if you want to get hired, choose SW Border locations. Positions for other POE's are scarce if any.

Comment

• Well you'd be suprised. There are people who know people and get first dibs on any opening, regardless of test scores, candidate pools, etc. The point is, if you listen to people on forums then you think you'll never get hired, so why bother?

Comment

• When there are thousands of people in line for every POE in the US, there is no chance an applicant from this announcement would be hired in 6 months. This announcement is for hiring in 2012, 2013, and beyond.

Comment

• ^^^^ exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by RoJoGRaNde View Post
                                When there are thousands of people in line for every POE in the US, there is no chance an applicant from this announcement would be hired in 6 months. This announcement is for hiring in 2012, 2013, and beyond.
                                I wont be surprised if I would get an EOD on the end of 2011...When I was on process beginning of 2009, calls were coming left and right during that time. By the time I was cleared...The boat was long gone...I know some of the guys here are in the process way before I was...So for those people that just applied for the upcoming exam, just take the test and move on...Even though they said they need people on SWB, you will not get the call any time soon cause there are bunch of people still in TSU...
                                TSU - 8/28/09
                                TO - 3/2009
                                On the job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5872 users online. 232 members and 5640 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X