Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone post the phone # for TSU. I'm going to give them a call, ask about the new test and see if I can get any new information out of it as far as my geo.

Thanks
    Geo: Illinois
    Test Score: 94
    Quals: GS-7
    T.O.: 8/7/2007
    Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
      Could someone post the phone # for TSU. I'm going to give them a call, ask about the new test and see if I can get any new information out of it as far as my geo.

Thanks
      Sorry dont have the number, but wouldnt mess with your TSU status unless you wanted to change duty locations.

Comment

• Hey guys! I see many people here are being very optimistic and a few others complaining about their test sites and other things. Well, I am very excited even though I will have to drive down to San Diego from LA. Compared to other fellow applicants that have to travel longer distances I should consider myself lucky.

I don't know what to expect since I have never been in a process like this. I have tons of question and hopefully you guys can give me your input. I have been reading older post in this thread and I've found a lot of frustration during the last two years or so. Hiring appeared to be very slow but, like I mentioned before, everyone around here seems to have a very upbeat attitude towards this new job bulletin. With that being said my questions are as follows:

1) Do you guys think this process will be rather quick for the so-called GEO locations where they are in urgent need of new officers?

2) Do I have better chances, given the fact that my record is COMPLETELY clean (police, financial, etc.), I speak fluent Spanish, and selected the CA SW border?

3) Can someone tell me what EOD, TSU, TO, NOR, etc. stand for?

P.s. I wish all of you in the process the best of luck
        Last edited by pepe; 11-17-2010, 10:07 AM.
        "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
        Written Test: 10/04/10
        NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 11/17/10
        OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
        Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
        TSL 2: 04/29/11.
        e-QIP: 05/08/11
        BI Interview: 07/26/11
        Drug test: 08/05/11
        Polygraph: 02/08/2012
        CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
        Written Test: 12/09/10
        NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 06/14/11
        PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
        VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by pepe View Post
          Hey guys! I see many people here are being very optimistic and a few others complaining about their test sites and other things. Well, I am very excited even though I will have to drive down to San Diego from LA. Compared to other fellow applicants that have to travel longer distances I should consider myself lucky.

I don't know what to expect since I have never been in a process like this. I have tons of question and hopefully you guys can give me your input. I have been reading older post in this thread and I've found a lot of frustration during the last two years or so. Hiring appeared to be very slow but, like I mentioned before, everyone around here seems to have a very upbeat attitude towards this new job bulletin. With that being said my questions are as follows:

1) Do you guys think this process will be rather quick for the so-called GEO locations where they are in urgent need of new officers?

2) Do I have better chances, given the fact that my record is COMPLETELY clean (police, financial, etc.), I speak fluent Spanish, and selected the CA SW border?

3) Can someone tell me what EOD, TSU, TO, NOR, etc. stand for?
          P.s. I wish all of you in the process the best of luck
          Question #1 Simply put. Right now, NO. I'm in one of those "critical locations" too. It all depends on budgeting and attrition. Once hiring resumes then applying in a "critical need" area is an advantage.

Question #2 You'll likely clear the background check faster but getting a final job offer depends largely on those factors I've already mentioned. Being fluent in Spanish might give you the opportunity to test out of required spanish training and start working sooner.

Question #3 EOD = Entrance on Duty TSU = Training & Schedueling Unit TO = Tenative Offer NOR = Notice of Results

Comment

• Thank you bro! Can I PM you, I have a quick question for you?
            "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Comment

• sure dude. I guess I have to write more for my post to be accepted because "sure dude" isn't enough??

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                sure dude. I guess I have to write more for my post to be accepted because "sure dude" isn't enough??
                lol!! I know. I tried " thank you bro" by itself and it didn't let me. Oh and never mind about the PM I just solved the issue I wanted to ask you for, thanks.

Comment

• For those who have failed the polygraph with the CBP or any related agency, doesn't this look really bad on your record?
                  As far as I know...CBP doesnt NORMALLY use the poly in the application process. I believe it's only used if they feel there are parts of your background that they feel you need to be poly'd about...

Comment

• ^^This hasnt always been the case. At least thats what my buddy who works for them said.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjcek View Post
                      As far as I know...CBP doesnt NORMALLY use the poly in the application process. I believe it's only used if they feel there are parts of your background that they feel you need to be poly'd about...
                      CBP just designated the CBPO position as "Polygraph required" in this announcement, and it began moving towards 100% Ploy on all going through the process a few months back. I did mine in August and the Agent told me that this was the new policy.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• from the announcement:

"Polygraph: The CBPO position is a polygraph designated position. There is a high probability that you will be subject to a polygraph examination. The results will be used to determine your suitability for the position."

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          CBP just designated the CBPO position as "Polygraph required" in this announcement, and it began moving towards 100% Ploy on all going through the process a few months back. I did mine in August and the Agent told me that this was the new policy.
                          gotcha. Thanks!

Comment

• A quick question, I applied for the CBP Officer listing on USAJOBS, went through the whole CBP eligibility questionnaire, and it asked me when I wanted to schedule my test. Well first it asked me location, so I picked a location closest to my home, and I clicked on submit. Well, now it took me to a page that said there are no tests for that location and OPM will send me a notification as to when I can test. Well I logged on to USATESTMANAGER and I manually added myself to another location that's not all that close but not too bad. Am I good to go for that date and that time at that location? It says on the website that I am scheduled...thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                              A quick question, I applied for the CBP Officer listing on USAJOBS, went through the whole CBP eligibility questionnaire, and it asked me when I wanted to schedule my test. Well first it asked me location, so I picked a location closest to my home, and I clicked on submit. Well, now it took me to a page that said there are no tests for that location and OPM will send me a notification as to when I can test. Well I logged on to USATESTMANAGER and I manually added myself to another location that's not all that close but not too bad. Am I good to go for that date and that time at that location? It says on the website that I am scheduled...thanks.
                              Well, if you got the test admission notice then you are good to go. Hopefully you wont find that tommorrow morning the test location you'd rather have is now available and full. Usually if when you filled your app out, a location you wanted WAS a testing option, it will be. Example the same message was given for michigan applicants, but detroit area WAS a testing option in the application. The next day detroit had test dates. Id check back in a day or two and if available you can change to one closer to home.

Comment

• No I don't think it was a testing option at all. I wanted to test in Washington, DC, but all they had was Norfolk, so I changed it to Norfolk and it said I was scheduled for Norfolk...like I said, hopefully I'll be good to go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4060 users online. 193 members and 3867 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X