apd 5-completed in march 2012
    Medical- in september 2012

Nys corrections test 25-432 oct 2010
    List number 1**
    canvass letter-received august 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by J-manX View Post
      I would hope for that too lol
      BTW,did you check if u having the same isssue?
      Test 0311 may 2010
      List #1***
      apd 5-completed in march 2012
      Medical- in september 2012

Nys corrections test 25-432 oct 2010
      List number 1**
      canvass letter-received august 2012

Comment

• na its still up for 12/6. they also just email me confirming the date.
        NYPD
        Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

January 2012 - "Last of the mohicans"...... Just missed the July 2011 class.

Comment

• Fcip

Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post

HUH? I thought FCIP was getting canned????
          I'm wondering the same thing. I don't think it was officially ruled illegal by any judge - yet - but it does appear to be on its way out. I'm wondering if this could eventually mean that those of us waiting in TSU could be wiped out since we were processed through an "unlawful" announcement/program.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            I'm not sure about the policy for CBP Officers, but at the majority of agencies where I have applied that should not be an issue.
            I don't know where all you applied, but one of the reasons CBP is a bit heavy handed with past drug useage is that is one of the many laws we enforce.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
              For those who have failed the polygraph with the CBP or any related agency, doesn't this look really bad on your record?
              Not really a polygraph doesn't detect lies it detects physical responses of the body. You can be nervous, have bad blood pressure, sweat alot, have a bad polygraph operator and fail the polygraph. This is why they can not be used against you in the court of law because they are not 100% accurate. Some of my department members are ex-military and were trained to deceive the poly so it can be manipulated. I've watched them do it in tests and it's amazing. So basically failing the poly can come from a handful of things. I have seen guys tell what I knew was 100% the truth and the poly went haywire because they were nervous. This is one of the reasons the poly operator trys to get personal with you prior to the poly, so you calm down. This is also why they ask you to specifically tell a lie so they can measure your response to that lie. The problem is when you lie because they ask you to your mind knows they want to hear a lie which can offer a different response than telling a lie when they actually want the truth. The reality of the situation is sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes good people don't get jobs because of it. In my experience over the years it is a good tool to send you in the right direction as far as questioning but to axe someone during hiring because of it should probably be challenged in court at some point. Just my two cents some other folks may feel it's gods gift.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecruzen View Post
                They must be up to something. Hopefully this means they making changes to the testing sites, and eventually will come up with a testing site in NYC
                Yeah man dont sweat it. NY is a big place, and they'll have a test date there shortly. Probably just a matter of getting a place and time reserved. Michigan had the same problem and now has a Detroit test date.

Comment

• Just got off phone with TSU. They told me what we already knew. They will be hiring mostly for the SW border and that for my location (Virginia) they are only hiring as needed to fill spots for people that quit or retire.

Comment

• I've applied to this announcement, too. Quick question; how do I go about changing my location preference before the exam date?! I'm scheduled to take the exam on 12/9.

Thanks!
                    BPA - SW
                    App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                      Just got off phone with TSU. They told me what we already knew. They will be hiring mostly for the SW border and that for my location (Virginia) they are only hiring as needed to fill spots for people that quit or retire.
                      that sucks.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
                        I'm wondering the same thing. I don't think it was officially ruled illegal by any judge - yet - but it does appear to be on its way out. I'm wondering if this could eventually mean that those of us waiting in TSU could be wiped out since we were processed through an "unlawful" announcement/program.
                        FCIP is not "done", if it is being implemented correctly. If DHS is using FCIP and following EEOC, Vet preference, and all Title 5 regulations, it can still be used. Failing to follow those principles will be noncompliance with the MSPB ruling and would be challenged.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
                          I've applied to this announcement, too. Quick question; how do I go about changing my location preference before the exam date?! I'm scheduled to take the exam on 12/9.

Thanks!
                          Change your mind already? You should have picked the locale you wanted when you applied. Unless you are referring to where you want to test at, which can be done at usatestmanager.gov

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            Change your mind already? You should have picked the locale you wanted when you applied. Unless you are referring to where you want to test at, which can be done at usatestmanager.gov
                            I had checked both SW - California and LA/Long Beach, but could only choose one. Now thinking back, I'm sure I checked off SW- California, but would prefer LA/Long Beach. Yea, I know, it's my own fault. I'm going to email MHC and see if they can change that for me.
                            BPA - SW
                            App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
                              I had checked both SW - California and LA/Long Beach, but could only choose one. Now thinking back, I'm sure I checked off SW- California, but would prefer LA/Long Beach. Yea, I know, it's my own fault. I'm going to email MHC and see if they can change that for me.
                              Yeah youve always been able to change your geo preferance up until youve gotten a TO. Not sure if you can do it by email or have to write a request, but either way it doesnt have to be before you test.

Comment

• Gotcha....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6489 users online. 260 members and 6229 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X