300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northern10 View Post
    Thank you for your response. It was trying marijuana a few times about 7 years ago in 2003. He was 23. I was wondering if it is an automatic disqualifier.
    I wouldn't call it an automatic disqualifer.

Having said that, your friend has some 'splaining to do. 23 is far too old to shrug it off as a youthful mistake. Most likely he'll see a NOPA generated over his past misconduct which he'll have to overcome in order to be considered for hire.

In the end, it'll probably come down what he's done the last 7 years. If he's lived in mom's basement, and spent his time drinking Bud Lite and playing the PS3, he's probably not going to make it. On the otherhand, if he has 7 years of history that shows good credit, a decent job history, ana a steady background of responsibility and maturity...he probably has a decent shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by FooteNasty View Post
      Saw the opening for the position begins tomorrow. Interested in taking the test but haven't heard any of the "ins" and outs" of the job. I'm pretty sick of my gig working with juveniles and interested in something different. Anyone that can provide some basics of the job? Interested in what kinda shifts CBPO's work? The one thing I heard from some of the guys as I was crossing into TJ recently was that they routinely are ordered to stay for double shifts. So they are working maybe 2-3 16's a week? This is a part of the reason I'm looking into getting out of corrections. Not feeling the mandatory overtime anymore. Also I completely understand people have to put in their time with any department. But say after you've knocked out 5+ years (or more) on the line searching cars, is there any opportunity for specialty assignments? Again I know virtually nothing about a CBPO's role, but am already testing for BPA. Any information that can be provided from those wiser than myself is greatly appreciated. . .
      The best answer to your question is...it depends.

Some ports will work you 70 hours a week...as long as they can. In other ports, you can opt out of all/virtually all OT.

As far as speciality assignments go...yeah, after 5 years you should have a shot at many of them. Once again though, it'll largely depend on what's available at/around your port.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        BTW
        I read through it and it stated 2 years probation period... wasn't 1 year previously?
        Yoda... nope it has been 2yrs probation for a while. i only have 3 more months to go on mine . anyway, in the works (maybe in a couple years) is to lower that 2yrs down to 1yr for new hires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northern10 View Post
          Thank you for your response. It was trying marijuana a few times about 7 years ago in 2003. He was 23. I was wondering if it is an automatic disqualifier.
          I'm not sure about the policy for CBP Officers, but at the majority of agencies where I have applied that should not be an issue. I personally experimented with marijuana 3 times between 2002-2003 when I was 22-23 years old, and have had no issues with any agency to which I have applied, including local, state and federal agencies. Be sure to be honest about it on all paperwork, and in all interviews.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• So what happens if you pick a place that doesn't normally hire a lot of CBP officers like Nebraska or Wyoming? What are the chances of getting selected for one of those places?

What happens if you make it through the process but there are no openings in those places? Do you just wait on a register for years?

Comment

• Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                Yoda... nope it has been 2yrs probation for a while. i only have 3 more months to go on mine . anyway, in the works (maybe in a couple years) is to lower that 2yrs down to 1yr for new hires.
                It has been a two year probation for a while because everyone hired in the past several years were hired as interns. That may be coming to an end because of questions involving the legality of the intern program as it applies to veterans.

FB

Comment

• Can an applicant apply to more than one location and if that individual makes it through the process be considered for any of the geographic locations applied for?

Comment

• Not anymore. In the old days, you could pick up to 3. Nowadays, it's one geographic locale.

Comment

• CBP Officer positions are full-time positions and are being filled under the Federal Career Intern Program (FCIP) appointing authority. The FCIP is a program that helps Federal agencies recruit talented individuals for entry-level government positions. FCIP appointments are designed with a 2-year internship, during which time you'll be learning the job and the organization, attending formal training programs and developing your skills. If your performance and conduct are satisfactory, your appointment will be made permanent at the end of the 2-year internship. The FCIP is an "excepted service" appointing authority.

HUH? I thought FCIP was getting canned????

Comment

• For those who have failed the polygraph with the CBP or any related agency, doesn't this look really bad on your record?

Comment

• I just logged in on the usatestmanager and noticed that theres no longer a testing in buffalo neither.On my test status it says "cancelled." Is anyone else having this same issue? or is it just me?
                          Test 0311 may 2010
                          List #1***
                          apd 5-completed in march 2012
                          Medical- in september 2012

Nys corrections test 25-432 oct 2010
                          List number 1**
                          canvass letter-received august 2012

Comment

• Michigan just popped up with 2 days

Comment

• They must be up to something. Hopefully this means they making changes to the testing sites, and eventually will come up with a testing site in NYC
                              Test 0311 may 2010
                              List #1***
                              apd 5-completed in march 2012
                              Medical- in september 2012

Nys corrections test 25-432 oct 2010
                              List number 1**
                              canvass letter-received august 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by ecruzen View Post
                                They must be up to something. Hopefully this means they making changes to the testing sites, and eventually will come up with a testing site in NYC
                                I would hope for that too lol
                                NYPD
                                Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

January 2012 - "Last of the mohicans"...... Just missed the July 2011 class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9041 users online. 376 members and 8665 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X