300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ecruzen View Post
    I just applied. But first theres no testing in Ny or Nj, so i choose Philly. Now it tells me theres no test site In philly neither! cr***zy! So the next closest is Buffalo and thats 8 hours away.
    There is no testing in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, or Oklahoma. So I am taking the test in Springfield, IL. Where in the world did CBP come up with this crappy list of testing locations? Not only that, but I have to drive to Minneapolis for the VBT.

btw, I applied for West Texas/New Mexico.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      There is no testing in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, or Oklahoma. So I am taking the test in Springfield, IL. Where in the world did CBP come up with this crappy list of testing locations? Not only that, but I have to drive to Minneapolis for the VBT.

btw, I applied for West Texas/New Mexico.
      Yea this is crazy. I choose JFK/NY as my geo pref. Luckily my vbt are in Newark, Nj as oppose to the written test all the way in buffalo. cbp should use the same test locations as the once they use for BPA.
      Test 0311 may 2010
      List #1***
      apd 5-completed in march 2012
      Medical- in september 2012

Nys corrections test 25-432 oct 2010
      List number 1**
      canvass letter-received august 2012

Comment

• Wow California has no test sites in the bay area at all.
        Let's be civil

Comment

• Hi i am new to the forum, just registered an exam for CBPO, I have a question. What is the vision requirement with the naked eye, do you have to have a certain vision without your contact lense.

Comment

• Does anyone know whats different about the test this time around? From what i heard it is supposedly re-vamped

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Yes.
              You can apply for Alaska and test in Guam...if you want. CBP won't care.
              Keep in mind you'll be footing the bill as far as your expenses occured in traveling to/from the testing location.
              When i applied it said there was no set time for a test in Michigan, would it be wise for me to wait and see when they will schedule it here or am i kidding myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
                When i applied it said there was no set time for a test in Michigan, would it be wise for me to wait and see when they will schedule it here or am i kidding myself.
                I have the same issue. I chose to test in Philly bc Buffalo is like 9 hours away. After i apply it says i have to wait for a test location. Then when i logged into the test manager to see about changing the location there are no scheduled locations in PA, NY, or any state anywhere near me. Basically what I want to say is that you should just wait a few days. Within a few days they will establish the testing locations. Off topic- these people are some how worse then IEA.

Comment

• OchoTres,

How are these people somewhat worse than IEA's? Do you mean the hiring board or cbpo's? What's your opinion?
                  Last edited by BiggyWannaBGman; 11-16-2010, 04:46 AM.
                  CBPO
                  Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                  TO: 2/2011
                  Medical: 3/22/2011
                  PT Test: 3/22/2011
                  VBT: 3/2011
                  Background: 3/2011
                  Drug Test: 4/2011
                  Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                  PT Test 2: TBD
                  FLETC: Good Question lol
                  CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                  Info Session 9/2009
                  Interview 3/2010
                  COE 5/2010
                  Medical 5/2010
                  Fit/Background 7/2010
                  All clear as of 11/2010
                  FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
                    I have the same issue. I chose to test in Philly bc Buffalo is like 9 hours away. After i apply it says i have to wait for a test location. Then when i logged into the test manager to see about changing the location there are no scheduled locations in PA, NY, or any state anywhere near me. Basically what I want to say is that you should just wait a few days. Within a few days they will establish the testing locations. Off topic- these people are some how worse then IEA.

That's odd, I registered for the exam a little after midnight. I'm scheduled to take the exam on 12/6 in Philly....admission notice in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                      OchoTres,

How are these people somwhat worse than IEA's? Do you mean the hiring board or cbpo's? What's your opinion?
                      The department responsible for the initial testing. I have no info on any other topic associated with this subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
                        If you really want a shot at the job and you're willing to test/work pretty much anywhere, then sign up now and travel later. If not, wait and see if fate lines it all up for you.
                        If you wait, you might see locations closer to you open up...and you might not.
                        It appears that CBP isn't being all that accomodating with testing locations. That might mean that they plan to test in roughly the same locations where they plan to hire.

Comment

• There have been many questions about qualifications since this announcement was released. Do everyone a favor and click through the links provided in the announcement. They are provided for a reason and contain the standards for just about everything. Most of the officers on here have been on the job for a while and do not remember the exact qualifications (many have changed anyway) and we are going to click through the announcements and give you the answer. I hate it when people say what I'm about to say, but since this is so basic to doing a job search I have to say it. If you are able to be hired by CBP you will be doing database searches, a lot. If you are looking for a job you should be doing database searches, a lot. If you are wondering about the minimum qualifications to be a CBPO, click through the links provided in the announcement. Just about all of the information is there for you to read.

As far as what this job entails, the quick answer is the screening of all cargo, and passengers entering and much leaving this country for terrorist and instruments of terrorist activities. To go into details will require a lot more time and information than I am unwilling to type. Suffice to say we have a very large job. It is large enough that most people can find a niche they enjoy.
                          Last edited by kc12; 11-16-2010, 05:09 AM.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Threw in my app as well, SW California Border Locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
                              Sounds like the typical confusion involved with CBPO hiring practices. I wonder if that means they are still setting up dates and locales for test sights in particular states or they are not testing there period? You would think if they gave say "Detroit-Area" as a test sight option on the application, they would have test sights there. Or am i crazy?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                Sounds like the typical confusion involved with CBPO hiring practices. I wonder if that means they are still setting up dates and locales for test sights in particular states or they are not testing there period? You would think if they gave say "Detroit-Area" as a test sight option on the application, they would have test sights there. Or am i crazy?
                                I sort of think it's a good idea.
                                Weed out the unsure before they even test...
                                Those willing to drive the 350 miles(US traveling) from Detroit to Buffalo are most likely committed for the long haul, as an example.

I remember back in the day before the VBT when the structured interviews were set up along the same lines. I traveled roughly 350 miles to Boston for my interview. My test location was 12 miles from my front door.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8510 users online. 258 members and 8252 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X