Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea man, i guess they don't want New York City people. thats messed up! lol...philly sounded good, its only 2 hrs away.
    Test 0311 may 2010
    List #1***
    apd 5-completed in march 2012
    Medical- in september 2012

Nys corrections test 25-432 oct 2010
    List number 1**
    canvass letter-received august 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by ecruzen View Post
      Yea man, i guess they don't want New York City people. thats messed up! lol...philly sounded good, its only 2 hrs away.
      i might have to change it over there
      NYPD
      Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

January 2012 - "Last of the mohicans"...... Just missed the July 2011 class.

Comment

• To Buffalo?
        Test 0311 may 2010
        List #1***

List number 1**

Comment

• I think even maine is closer to Nyc than buffalo. lolz
          Test 0311 may 2010
          List #1***

List number 1**

Comment

I think even maine is closer to Nyc than buffalo. lolz
            I mean PA I currently picked NY
            NYPD
            Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

Comment

• yea i choose PA as my test site, but it tells me theres no test site there.
              Test 0311 may 2010
              List #1***

List number 1**

Comment

• dammit i guess i have to figure a way to get to baffulo. Never been there in my life. road trip lol
                NYPD
                Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

Comment

• word me neither luckily i have family there.
                  Test 0311 may 2010
                  List #1***

List number 1**

Comment

• i'm getting my cousin to apply so he has to go to the same place as me. he has a car LOL
                    NYPD
                    Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                      I've left messages with CBP, but does anyone here know if applying for the new vacancy in order to take the test will jeopardize my status in TSU? My main choice is JFK, but at this point I am willing to take any job anywhere in the country. Additionally, If they eventually decide to purge the entire TSU I don't want to be at a disadvantage having never taken the new test.

In a nutshell, will the new application erase my progress or change my TSU location?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, particularly before tomorrow.
                      From the Announcment incase you missed it..

3. If you have been tentatively selected for a CBP Officer position and you reapply under this announcement and subsequently are referred and selected for a position under a different geographic location, your new referral and selection will replace any existing CBP Officer selection for which you are currently in process.

Im in for JFK too.. Same TO date as well.
                      I call TSU about ever 2 months or so to check my status etc... I think we're good..
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TO - 01/29/09
                      TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                      Expired 6/10/11
                      Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                        Got a voice mail today. "This is Special Agent <blank> with Customs and Border Protection please give me a call at ..."

Sounds like my it is my turn for the polygraph.
                        I thought CBP didn't poly, or at least thats what my buddy who works for them said, i don't think he took one, i guess they changed it.

Comment

• Saw the opening for the position begins tomorrow. Interested in taking the test but haven't heard any of the "ins" and outs" of the job. I'm pretty sick of my gig working with juveniles and interested in something different. Anyone that can provide some basics of the job? Interested in what kinda shifts CBPO's work? The one thing I heard from some of the guys as I was crossing into TJ recently was that they routinely are ordered to stay for double shifts. So they are working maybe 2-3 16's a week? This is a part of the reason I'm looking into getting out of corrections. Not feeling the mandatory overtime anymore. Also I completely understand people have to put in their time with any department. But say after you've knocked out 5+ years (or more) on the line searching cars, is there any opportunity for specialty assignments? Again I know virtually nothing about a CBPO's role, but am already testing for BPA. Any information that can be provided from those wiser than myself is greatly appreciated. . .

Comment

I just applied. But first theres no testing in Ny or Nj, so i choose Philly. Now it tells me theres no test site In philly neither! cr***zy! So the next closest is Buffalo and thats 8 hours away.
                            So you can test anywhere that there is an opening test date even though its not the place you applied to work for?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
                              So you can test anywhere that there is an opening test date even though its not the place you applied to work for?
                              yeaa pretty much. its all the same test.
                              Test 0311 may 2010
                              List #1***

List number 1**

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
                                Yes.
                                You can apply for Alaska and test in Guam...if you want. CBP won't care.
                                Keep in mind you'll be footing the bill as far as your expenses occured in traveling to/from the testing location.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7540 users online. 407 members and 7133 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X