300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
    I was a Border Patrol Agent for just over 2 years and 8 weeks shy of my 11 when I left. Do you think CBP/OFO will bring me in as a 9 and if so will I have to wait a full year from EOD to get an 11?
    My stock answer would be that, no, I don't think CBP would bring you in as a GS-09. You left as a GL-09, with less than a year of GL-09 time-in-grade. I also doubt that <3 years as a PA would qualify as a GS-09, in and of itself. Most likely, they'd 'pay match' your GL-09 basepay, bringing you in as a GS-05 or GS-07, depending on your qualifications. You would also wait a full year from EOD before any wage increase.

HOWEVER

Given your past work history within CBP and your admitted recent criminal conduct while employed as a CBP FLEO, I don't see CBP hiring you again. Ever.
    I seriously doubt that any federal agency hires you for any LEO position, now or at any time in the near future.

Maybe, 5 to 15 years in the future, you might have a chance. Maybe.
    Last edited by merlin436; 11-14-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
      I was a Border Patrol Agent for just over 2 years and 8 weeks shy of my 11 when I left. Do you think CBP/OFO will bring me in as a 9 and if so will I have to wait a full year from EOD to get an 11?

When applying for jobs within the fed, usually, one year of experience at the next lower grade level is all that is needed to qualify. So in your case, a year at GL-7 would qualify you for a GL-9 position.

This is a quote from the Border Patrol announcement, and I imagine CBPO will be similar

Experience Requirements for a GL-9 level: Applicants must have one year of law enforcement experience comparable in level of difficulty and responsibility to GL-7 in the Federal service
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by bozo View Post
        Does anyone know anything about this "new" CBPO exam? I have been checking out the CBP website but I can't find anything on it.

For those of you on here who work for CBP, what do you think will be on this new exam? Will it have the same sections as the old exam such as logical reasoning, math, and grammar?
        The email I got from CBP I posted a few pages back said they will be posting a study guide closer to registration (today or tomorrow) so cehck the link that was put up but it sounds like you will have plenty of time to study.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
          When applying for jobs within the fed, usually, one year of experience at the next lower grade level is all that is needed to qualify. So in your case, a year at GL-7 would qualify you for a GL-9 position.

This is a quote from the Border Patrol announcement, and I imagine CBPO will be similar
          Sheesh K,
          You left off that nice, long list of qualifiers one needs to meet in order to qualify as a GL-09. Just serving a year as a GL-07 isn't going to necessarily cut it.

Comment

• Originally posted by uwharrirdrnnr47 View Post
            the pictures are pretty..., just kiding, it's closer to Glacier and Yellowstone as well as some friends in Montana, Piegan, Sweetgrass, Great Falls, Whitlash, and Wildhorse.
            I don't think Metaline Falls is going to have any vacancies.

Comment

• I've left messages with CBP, but does anyone here know if applying for the new vacancy in order to take the test will jeopardize my status in TSU? My main choice is JFK, but at this point I am willing to take any job anywhere in the country. Additionally, If they eventually decide to purge the entire TSU I don't want to be at a disadvantage having never taken the new test.

In a nutshell, will the new application erase my progress or change my TSU location?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, particularly before tomorrow.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                I've left messages with CBP, but does anyone here know if applying for the new vacancy in order to take the test will jeopardize my status in TSU? My main choice is JFK, but at this point I am willing to take any job anywhere in the country. Additionally, If they eventually decide to purge the entire TSU I don't want to be at a disadvantage having never taken the new test.

In a nutshell, will the new application erase my progress or change my TSU location?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, particularly before tomorrow.
                You cannot have 2 locations processing at the same time. Once you are issued a new TO for the new location everything transfers over and your Old TO is cancelled out. Now, as to going straight into TSU with your new TO is another story...but all of your previously completed steps should transfer.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by J-manX View Post
                  thank you for the quick respond.

I'm trying to make either one my career
                  I that case I'd have to say with all the promotional and specalized unit options NYPD is a better gig

Comment

• Originally posted by Traditionalist View Post
                    I that case I'd have to say with all the promotional and specalized unit options NYPD is a better gig
                    yea i was thinking that ill still apply to custom in case NYPD doesn't happen i got a back up
                    NYPD
                    Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

January 2012 - "Last of the mohicans"...... Just missed the July 2011 class.

Comment

• Announcement is up. Few changes to the process from what I've read. test now includes Logical and Quantitative Reasoning Skills, Writing Skills, and an Assessment of Experience and Achievement.

Also, they are now including a Structured Interview along with the VBT.

Edit: To those in the northeast, there are NO test faciltities in either NJ or NYC. Closest is Philadelphia, with test date of Monday, 12/6
                      Last edited by Walla183; 11-15-2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• *** ignore ***
                        Last edited by J-manX; 11-15-2010, 07:47 PM.
                        NYPD
                        Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

Comment

• wow there no close location for testing in new york city
                          NYPD
                          Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

Comment

• I just applied for the Southwestern Border area. It sucks that I have to retake the test. I took it in April of 09 and other than getting my passing NOR I got nothing else. I retake the test on 12/10.

Comment

• I just applied. But first theres no testing in Ny or Nj, so i choose Philly. Now it tells me theres no test site In philly neither! cr***zy! So the next closest is Buffalo and thats 8 hours away.
                              Test 0311 may 2010
                              List #1***
                              apd 5-completed in march 2012
                              Medical- in september 2012

Nys corrections test 25-432 oct 2010
                              List number 1**
                              canvass letter-received august 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by ecruzen View Post
                                I just applied. But first theres no testing in Ny or Nj, so i choose Philly. Now it tells me theres no test site In philly neither! cr***zy! So the next closest is Buffalo and thats 8 hours away.
                                exactly thats so far
                                NYPD
                                Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7801 users online. 193 members and 7608 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X