X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wa, northern border

Originally posted by kc12 View Post
    Southwest border
    Last edited by uwharrirdrnnr47; 11-12-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Last edited by uwharrirdrnnr47; 11-12-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• looking to go to anacortes, blaine, metaline falls, frontier maybe
        Originally posted by sr20 View Post
        Anyone here still waiting for EOD to Northern Borders WA?

Comment

• Originally posted by ringo3727
          I scored over 90 on the TEA, 89.6 on ICE, and passed FAMS exam. How does the CBPO exam compare to these? Thanks in advance guys!
          Which was harder in your opinion?

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO I View Post
            Which was harder in your opinion?
            TEA test was alot harder then the old CBPO test.

Comment

• Originally posted by uwharrirdrnnr47 View Post
              looking to go to anacortes, blaine, metaline falls, frontier maybe
              Lynden?

And why Metaline Falls?

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about this "new" CBPO exam? I have been checking out the CBP website but I can't find anything on it.

For those of you on here who work for CBP, what do you think will be on this new exam? Will it have the same sections as the old exam such as logical reasoning, math, and grammar?

Comment

• Changes will probably be in the last section. The personal assessment to determine if you qualify at a higher level (GS-09 or 11) not so much the rest of the test.
                  Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                    Changes will probably be in the last section. The personal assessment to determine if you qualify at a higher level (GS-09 or 11) not so much the rest of the test.
                    Dawg, do you know if GS-09 quals will allow for education subsitution for GS-09 (masters) or will you have to have relevant work experience to qualify like the way Border patrol is setup.

Comment

• the pictures are pretty..., just kiding, it's closer to Glacier and Yellowstone as well as some friends in Montana, Piegan, Sweetgrass, Great Falls, Whitlash, and Wildhorse.

Originally posted by 1806 View Post
                      Lynden?

And why Metaline Falls?

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                        Dawg, do you know if GS-09 quals will allow for education subsitution for GS-09 (masters) or will you have to have relevant work experience to qualify like the way Border patrol is setup.
                        CBP is trying to standardize on one standard for all componates. I would expect to see similar wording in the announcement as in the OBP. Masters degree will probably get you a GS-09, but will require some experience.
                        Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Hello I'm currently working with TSA (TSO). I plaining on apply for the upcoming CBP application coming out this week. Im also done with the NYPD process just waiting for next class. Just thinking what would be recommended going NYPD or CBP Officer?
                          NYPD
                          Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

January 2012 - "Last of the mohicans"...... Just missed the July 2011 class.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-manX View Post
                            Hello I'm currently working with TSA (TSO). I plaining on apply for the upcoming CBP application coming out this week. Im also done with the NYPD process just waiting for next class. Just thinking what would be recommended going NYPD or CBP Officer?
                            The jobs are really different (just basing this on my experience as a police officer and everything I've read about CBPO). You have to ask yourself why you want to work in law enforcement and what you ultimately want to do with your career. If you're planning on using the NYPD as a stepping stone and you really want to end up in an 1811 spot maybe CBPO would be better for you, but if you want to be involved in street level law enforcement then the NYPD makes more sense. It like comparing apples and oranges (in a law enforcement sense)

Comment

• Originally posted by Traditionalist View Post
                              The jobs are really different (just basing this on my experience as a police officer and everything I've read about CBPO). You have to ask yourself why you want to work in law enforcement and what you ultimately want to do with your career. If you're planning on using the NYPD as a stepping stone and you really want to end up in an 1811 spot maybe CBPO would be better for you, but if you want to be involved in street level law enforcement then the NYPD makes more sense. It like comparing apples and oranges (in a law enforcement sense)
                              thank you for the quick respond.

I'm trying to make either one my career
                              Last edited by J-manX; 11-14-2010, 03:32 PM.
                              NYPD
                              Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

January 2012 - "Last of the mohicans"...... Just missed the July 2011 class.

Comment

• I was a Border Patrol Agent for just over 2 years and 8 weeks shy of my 11 when I left. Do you think CBP/OFO will bring me in as a 9 and if so will I have to wait a full year from EOD to get an 11?
                                The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
                                I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
                                Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7772 users online. 415 members and 7357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X