Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the email from the test I took like 2 years ago to re-test. Anyone know when the last time and if they will ever hire in Boston?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      My unit is up for deployment Jan 2012, but I'm still waiting on BOLC confirmation and a possible move from state for Law School, unless I get a "miracle" call from CBP...in which case I would be moving to another state as well.
      cool. good luck.

Comment

• I have an EOD date. Do I need to retake exam?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ranma143 View Post
          I have an EOD date. Do I need to retake exam?

Thanks.
          Don't be silly.
          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• If you read the handout that comes with the NOR, it specifically states, "if you are referred and tentatively selected, your name is removed from the inventory." So anyone with a TO and/or those waiting in TSU have nothing to worry about in regards of being removed from the current GS 5/7 inventory since you were already removed at the time of your selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by DDixon1000 View Post
              Hey guys just thought I'd give you a heads up. I applied for CBP Officer like 3 years ago and decided to go a different direction turning down a TO. I guess they kept me in their system and I received this email today. Apparently they are scrapping all current test scores and everyone will have to retest if not already given a TO. Apprently the test has been revamped. The entire current inventory of applicants are being terminated it looks like.

November 10, 2010

Dear Customs and Border Protection Officer Applicant:

Our records indicate that you have an active record on the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer applicant inventory for the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Why are we sending you this letter?

Changes have been made to the CBP Officer written examination. Consequently, the current GS-5/7 inventory will be terminated effective November 14, 2010.

What do I need to do to establish eligibility on the new register?

If you wish to be considered for CBP Officer positions at grades GS-5 and GS-7, you will need to register, take and pass the written test. Candidates must register for the written test online at https://cbpmhc.hr-services.org/cbpo beginning November 16, 2010. Vacancy Announcement CBPO 11-1 will open for registration on November 16, 2010 and close on November 23, 2010 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time, or on the date the first 25,000 registrations are processed, whichever occurs first. Registration is available 24 hours a day. We encourage you to register at your earliest convenience during this upcoming open period.

The CBP Officer Announcement may be found on the Internet at www.usajobs.opm.gov beginning November 16, 2010. We believe that proper test preparation is essential for the successful candidate and suggest that you take the time to carefully read the study guide. The study guide is available on the CBP website at http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/study_guides/guides supervisory/entry_guide. Candidates may also download a copy of the guide at the close of their registration for the written test.

What happens if I do not register for the new written test online via the Internet?

Due to the termination of the current inventory you will no longer receive consideration the CBP Officer unless you register, take and pass the new written test under Vacancy announcement CBPO 11-1.

For more information regarding the entry level CBP Officer position and the application process please visit the CBP careers website at http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/. Thank you for your continued interest in a position with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Minneapolis Hiring Center
              Well it seems my hunch was correct. They havent changed the test in at least 5 yrs (possibly longer), so it was only a matter of time. If you are satisfied with your location you orignally got a t.o. for and the way your process is going (some sarcasm here), i wouldnt tempt fate. If nothing else maybe there will be a location more to your liking on the new announcement so you have the option to re-apply for it.

Comment

• By the way a buddy of mine is a CBPO and he is convinced the new announcement is going to be nationwide.

Comment

• good possibility of it being nationwide considering they are taking 25,000 registrations.

Comment

• I am currently in CBPO - TSU since 04/09 and updated in 04/10.

I just applied to a BPA announcement this morning. I was wondering if any of the pre-employment requirements that I already passed/cleared from my CBPO application will carry-over to my BP application? Sounds odd to ask it here but my post at the delphi forum won't show up. Thanks..
                    CBP Officer:
                    TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
                    EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
                      I am currently in CBPO - TSU since 04/09 and updated in 04/10.

I just applied to a BPA announcement this morning. I was wondering if any of the pre-employment requirements that I already passed/cleared from my CBPO application will carry-over to my BP application? Sounds odd to ask it here but my post at the delphi forum won't show up. Thanks..
                      You will have to do the newer PFT1 (sit ups, push ups, and step test), an amended medical screening (that will include your drug screening), a polygraph if you haven't already taken one, your Oral Board, and TSL1 packet (which are your quals and initial forms for processing after you've passed the test and received a TO). It took me just over a month to from the time I received a TO till the time I was placed in TSU for BPA. Good luck.

Comment

• Thanks for the info mate.
                        CBP Officer:
                        TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
                        EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• If for whatever reason you were to fail the newer PFT-1 the 2nd time around after taking the older one before, would you still be able to reapply afterwards? What's the waiting period, if any?
                          "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                          TEST - 03/02/09
                          NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                          TO - 04/06/09
                          FORMS - 04/21/09
                          MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                          DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                          QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                          VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                          BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                          TSU - 08/14/09
                          The "Call" - 01/14/11
                          EOD - 02/07/11
                          FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                          TEST - 12/13/10
                          NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Because it's a new exam no one will be able to really answer that question, but I would think if you scored high on the TEA and the ICE exam this will be less of a challenge. The TEA and ICE special agent exam were way more challenging in my opinion.
                            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• no re-registration for me.
                              Last edited by DCH; 11-12-2010, 06:31 AM.
                              Timelines:

CBPO
                              App: 2/12/09
                              Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                              Written: 2/20/09
                              NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                              TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                              App: 5/5/09
                              Geo: San Diego
                              Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                              NOR: 7/20/09
                              Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                              TO: 10/6/09
                              Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                              Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                              Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                              App: 8/17/10
                              Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                              TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• DCH, i would still apply and document your last history with the process on the app.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9227 users online. 457 members and 8770 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X