Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    I too have heard that at some point in the not-so-distant-future that the run time is likely dropping into the 14-something range.

    The truth is that even a 14:30 1.5 mile isn't all that hard to run. Barring injury, anybody with average morphology and in decent shape ought to be able to punch it out with little problems.
    Its about time they change it, 16:30 is pathetic. Most law enforcement agencies have more stingent times. I just tested for a local PD and these are the times per age group: 20-29, 12:29........30-39, 12:53......40-49, 13:50.....50-59, 15:14.......and 60+, 17:19........I am happy to say I am 40 and ran it in 12:26.

    Comment


    • ..........
      Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:14 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cjrudy View Post
        Its about time they change it, 16:30 is pathetic. Most law enforcement agencies have more stingent times. I just tested for a local PD and these are the times per age group: 20-29, 12:29........30-39, 12:53......40-49, 13:50.....50-59, 15:14.......and 60+, 17:19........I am happy to say I am 40 and ran it in 12:26.

        You won't get much of an argument out of me. I've always thought the running standard was absurdly low.

        The most ridiculous thing is that having the ability to run well is virtually meaningless on the job.
        On the job, I'll take a 6'2", 600lbs 'Yokozuna' over a 5'7" 155lbs speedy co-worker most any time.

        Comment


        • There are some rumors about some kind of pursuit training to be scheduled for us(Legacy INS & USC) at FLETC? Anyone with info on this?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            You won't get much of an argument out of me. I've always thought the running standard was absurdly low.

            The most ridiculous thing is that having the ability to run well is virtually meaningless on the job.
            On the job, I'll take a 6'2", 600lbs 'Yokozuna' over a 5'7" 155lbs speedy co-worker most any time.
            What do you mean worthless???? I bet there are lots of times when you're briskly walking for 1.5 miles in pursuit of suspects...

            Comment


            • I had a HOT pursuit last week !!!!!!! The wind blew a $20 out of my wallet !!!!!!!!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                There are some rumors about some kind of pursuit training to be scheduled for us(Legacy INS & USC) at FLETC? Anyone with info on this?
                I've seen it somewhere. At some point we're supposed to be headed to SC. I believe what I saw was FOUO, if you shoot me your official email I'll look it up tonight and send it to you.

                Comment


                • ..........
                  Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:13 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
                    Are just you antiques going to this training or will all CBP's go eventually? I'm assuming this is vehicular pursuit?
                    As I understand it...either you'll get it as an add-on course with all us dinosaurs, or you'll see it integrated in your basic FLETC training.

                    I don't expect anyone to see it all that soon. It appeared to me that it wasn't something that they were looking to rush into fruition.

                    Comment


                    • Don't know if the run time has dropped as of yet, but with the new LE coverage we were told that the time will drop. And for those complaining at the low standards for the run time, just remember there are some agencies that do not have a standard at all for the 1.5.
                      Don't tase me bro!!

                      Comment


                      • Showed up on CASS today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        CBP Officer Application
                        Geo Pref. Puerto Rico
                        Written Examination - 3/11/08
                        NOR 98 - Without Vets Pref - 3/29/08
                        Showed up on Cass - 6/24/08
                        Pre-Emp Forms -Pending
                        Qualifications -Pending
                        Medical Exam - Pending
                        Structured Interview - Pending
                        Drug Screening - Pending
                        Background Investigation - Pending
                        Fitness - Pending
                        As of now just waiting...

                        Comment


                        • As it was explained to me, running 1.5 miles is about equivalent to being in a two minute fight. The problem I have with this is most of us work around many other CBPO's or with a team. Either way a two minute fight would be a very bad day, or you're an ars# to your co-workers. I think a lower body fat measurement would be a better factor to deal with and improve our agency's appearance. While at FLETC I felt bad because I would see obese trainees in their civilian clothing and immediately guess they were in training for CBPO. Most were, but a very few were there for other agencies.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

                          For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                            While at FLETC I felt bad because I would see obese trainees in their civilian clothing and immediately guess they were in training for CBPO. Most were, but a very few were there for other agencies.



                            Like, uhh...BOP?



                            ...bad CBPO! must - stop - trashing - fellow - enforcers
                            ========================================


                            sigpic

                            I feel the need - the need for speed.

                            Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

                            Comment


                            • Usually, CBP has one of the biggest...if not the biggest training programs at FLETC. Chances are good that anyone you meet there, fat or not, is a CBPO trainee.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                                As it was explained to me, running 1.5 miles is about equivalent to being in a two minute fight. The problem I have with this is most of us work around many other CBPO's or with a team. Either way a two minute fight would be a very bad day, or you're an ars# to your co-workers. I think a lower body fat measurement would be a better factor to deal with and improve our agency's appearance. While at FLETC I felt bad because I would see obese trainees in their civilian clothing and immediately guess they were in training for CBPO. Most were, but a very few were there for other agencies.
                                I'm sorry to say but I think we have the same proportion of fatties as ICE D has. There are some hefty folks walking around in 5.11 pants around here.

                                BOP/CIS/ICE/CITP/USMS all have em. The only program that doesn't have anyone that is over weight is the ATF guys.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5641 users online. 226 members and 5415 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X