Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you have to attend pre academy, approximately 1-2 months at the POE you select when they call you. they will usually offer you a choice of 2-3 POE's along the border, North/South of the Geographic location you selected when you originally applied, ex: if you picked Montana they will call and offer you a position at Great Falls, Sweetgrass, and Wildhorse, or any of the POE's in the state you selected when you applied, some applicants may have applied under restricted choices like southern border only...Arizona, so that includes all the POE's along the border as well as any airports that fall under the Az. jurisdiction.
    so it would be a good idea, you while you wait for the call contactr a few of the POE's and have a little talk with the supervisors and/or port director and ask about living in the area, housing,shopping, etc, so you can prepare yourself on which POE's you might want to work at and hope it is one of the ports of entry the hiring center offers.

Comment

• Random question....are there CBPO's stationed at Atlantic City INT Airport?? If so what Field Office are they under?? I tried to look it up but I did not find anything...

Comment

• Atlantic City is under Baltimore FO. Philly is its service port.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/c...ts/pa/1101.xml

Other than that... I can't say. Give them a call

Comment

• I believe so SSG MP

Only a small number though.

Its under Philadelphia SP, through Baltimore FO.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/c...ts/pa/1101.xml
          CBPO
          Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
          TO: 2/2011
          Medical: 3/22/2011
          PT Test: 3/22/2011
          VBT: 3/2011
          Background: 3/2011
          Drug Test: 4/2011
          Referred to TSU: 5/2011
          PT Test 2: TBD
          FLETC: Good Question lol
          CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
          Info Session 9/2009
          Interview 3/2010
          COE 5/2010
          Medical 5/2010
          Fit/Background 7/2010
          All clear as of 11/2010
          FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• ah merlin436, beat me to it while i was typing! lol
            CBPO
            Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
            TO: 2/2011
            Medical: 3/22/2011
            PT Test: 3/22/2011
            VBT: 3/2011
            Background: 3/2011
            Drug Test: 4/2011
            Referred to TSU: 5/2011
            PT Test 2: TBD
            FLETC: Good Question lol
            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
            Info Session 9/2009
            Interview 3/2010
            COE 5/2010
            Medical 5/2010
            Fit/Background 7/2010
            All clear as of 11/2010
            FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Yes....but the number of officers there is very small and it is extremely difficult to get. You cannot direct hire to AC and, for the time being, the assignment is not part of the current bid process in Philly.

Comment

• Thanks guys, for some reason I missed that when I was searching.

Comment

• Well on another note, I'm hooked on "Border Wars"!! It looks like CBP and ICE do a lot of kick ***** stuff down there on the SW!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                    Well on another note, I'm hooked on "Border Wars"!! It looks like CBP and ICE do a lot of kick ***** stuff down there on the SW!!!
                    Meh.

That's TV...and trust me, A LOT of that is acting, 'mulligans' and outright fabrications for the camera.
                    Not that it isn't worth watching...but take it all with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Meh.

That's TV...and trust me, A LOT of that is acting, 'mulligans' and outright fabrications for the camera.
                      Haha...yeah I figured it would be a lil of that

Comment

• Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today spoke with leaders from global shipping companies, including UPS, DHL, FedEx and TNT, to discuss enhanced air cargo screening and security efforts following last week’s disrupted attempt to conceal and ship explosive devices onboard aircraft bound for the United States.
                        During the call, Secretary Napolitano underscored her commitment to partnering with the shipping industry to strengthen cargo security through enhanced screening and preventative measures, including terrorism awareness training for personnel. Together, UPS, DHL, FedEx and TNT employ more than one million employees in hundreds of countries around the world.
                        Following her call with shipping industry leaders, Secretary Napolitano spoke with International Air Transport Association (IATA) Director General Giovanni Bisignani about the Department's continued collaboration with our private sector partners and international allies to secure the global supply chain through a layered security approach to identify, deter and disrupt threats. She also reiterated her commitment to ongoing coordination with the airline and shipping industries to uphold TSA security standards, including the vetting of personnel with access to cargo, employee training, and cargo screening procedures.

It doesn't look like they are trying to have a hiring push of additional officers for increased Cargo security....not good for us "Non SW's"......

Comment

• outright fabrications?

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          Meh.

C'mon, Merlin. Fabricated? Granted, it's not go, go, go every minute of every day here at the port, but check the record. This stuff you see (and more you don't see on the show) is happening every day: EWIs in compartments, drug loads of all types, A&Ds, NCIC warrants, fights in ped, port runners, sophisticated smuggling tunnels, and more.

That isn't to say there isn't some staging. You generally won't see a Supervisor and a Chief going hands-on to break down a car and pulling out the dope. I haven't seen it yet (except on a couple of episodes last season). I do recall an eagle and a one-star (along with about ten pre-FLETC candidates) standing by and watching me pull 25 kilos of meth out of some quarter panels a couple of years ago, but I was the only one working.

Additionally, when they interview some of the officers at the close of the episode...that is kind of melodramatic. But that's reality television, I guess. Nobody's going to watch if all they show is the 95% of the non-action stuff that occurs, mainly consisting of the line, "Adonde va? Que trae?"
                          ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Peter King is most likely going to head up the Homeland Security Committee again. What does everyone think will happen to hiring at JFK after this happens; nothing, everything?
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                              C'mon, Merlin. Fabricated? Granted, it's not go, go, go every minute of every day here at the port, but check the record. This stuff you see (and more you don't see on the show) is happening every day: EWIs in compartments, drug loads of all types, A&Ds, NCIC warrants, fights in ped, port runners, sophisticated smuggling tunnels, and more.

That isn't to say there isn't some staging. You generally won't see a Supervisor and a Chief going hands-on to break down a car and pulling out the dope. I haven't seen it yet (except on a couple of episodes last season). I do recall an eagle and a one-star (along with about ten pre-FLETC candidates) standing by and watching me pull 25 kilos of meth out of some quarter panels a couple of years ago, but I was the only one working.

Additionally, when they interview some of the officers at the close of the episode...that is kind of melodramatic. But that's reality television, I guess. Nobody's going to watch if all they show is the 95% of the non-action stuff that occurs, mainly consisting of the line, "Adonde va? Que trae?"
                              Staged then...if you prefer.

Management acts different, line officers act different, and situations are handled differently because of the cameras.

Comment

• Border Wars

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                Meh.

LOL, they were filming at MAP today.
                                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7520 users online. 417 members and 7103 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X