Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's crazy Yoda. Nobody can say that you don't have patience.
    CBP written test Miami, FL
    11/10/2007
    NOR letter 01/16/2008
    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
    9/4/2009
    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
    never got first)
    qualifications completed
    BI interview 9/30/2009
    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
    poly: Mar 2011
    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      My 1st question will be: why in the world are they there if they haven't been hiring and have so many like myself in the waiting pool???... and then I'll ask why would it take so long for IA to clear a BI!
      As for IA, don't know, but the first question is simple: because there is a recruiting budget. Although the amount of money for it has been scaled back, every CMC still has a small budget for recruiting. If you don't burn it this year by attending events, you won't get it next year. It's been a while since I worked my last event, but I don't look at them so much as to recruit people but more as a PR thing....make people aware of the agency and what we do so they will think of us if hiring ever picks back up again.

Comment

• The new announcement will target new hires for 2012, 2013, etc. Most people currently in the system will likely be hired or will go elsewhere by the time 2013 rolls along.

Having said that, we should probably wait until the new announcement opens and people acutally get to look at it and we know all the particulars before commenting much on it.

Comment

• The job fair was for Military and Vets...
          And it was 4 CBPO's recruiting for the BP!!!... Yes you heard right, they were handing out BPA info packets! I was told that the only hiring, that is going on and will come, will be for the SW border for BPA's and about 225 CBPO's (when the new announcement comes I guess). All for the SW border.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Yoda, that sucks :/ I think we all knew that this new announcement would be for the SW border. But who knows... until it happens there is a stroke of luck out there somewhere...

I think you should apply for Border Patrol, lol. I have been in TSU since May of 2009 for CBPO and now I am in TSU for BPA and I am willing to put my left leg on it that I get the call for BPA before CBPO! But I bet if you process with BPA then maybe they'll push your paperwork harder since they are looking for people (actively) and it might help out your CBPO status. That is, if they pass your BI with BPA then they'll roll it over for CBPO. Did you think of that?

Either way brother, like sandwhichman said, you sure do have patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
              Yoda, that sucks :/ I think we all knew that this new announcement would be for the SW border. But who knows... until it happens there is a stroke of luck out there somewhere...

I think you should apply for Border Patrol, lol. I have been in TSU since May of 2009 for CBPO and now I am in TSU for BPA and I am willing to put my left leg on it that I get the call for BPA before CBPO! But I bet if you process with BPA then maybe they'll push your paperwork harder since they are looking for people (actively) and it might help out your CBPO status. That is, if they pass your BI with BPA then they'll roll it over for CBPO. Did you think of that?

Either way brother, like sandwhichman said, you sure do have patience.
              Thanks!...
              The only problem I have is that it's all on the SW border, and I can't see myself living and working there... not to mention my girl wouldn't move there with me! I am confident that this will be my last time filling out the BI stuff for CBP, I already began the process of applying to Law school... so we'll see what happens.
              CBPO

Comment

• For those ports that are Hiring for attrition only.. IE :JFK, etc What are your thoughts? I know they just got their 12.. I have a feeling they are going to be sticking around.. and not retiring anytime soon.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TO - 01/29/09
                TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                Expired 6/10/11
                Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  Thanks!...
                  The only problem I have is that it's all on the SW border, and I can't see myself living and working there... not to mention my girl wouldn't move there with me! I am confident that this will be my last time filling out the BI stuff for CBP, I already began the process of applying to Law school... so we'll see what happens.
                  No one said you had to take the job if they offered it to you.... It's double the opportunity to move your paperwork along especially since BP is processing hard. 48 days for me to get into TSU for BPA. I hope you catch my drift on this.

Comment

• WOW Yoda. i hope this time is the last time for you.

Comment

• Many people have left JKF in the last 18 months for various reasons. I think the people who will stay because of the 12's are the ones that have been hired recently (last 2-6 years) the old timers are ****ed at the restructuring of jobs in JFK and the changes in work hours. Guys that have been working cargo or desk jobs for years are forced into working immigration primary. JFK has been short CBPOs thats why they have been taking people doing other jobs and shifting them around, and there a lot of overtime being earned right now. Management is doing everything it can to get officers working in some areas since MHC has not been sending fresh bodies. its only a matter of time before you see some JFKs slowly getting into academy slots
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• So i logged into cass to check in after a few months of trying to not think about cbp... All of my check ticks are gone and it just says referred to schedule eod. I have not received anything by mail or phone. What does that phrase "referred to schedule eod" mean? Anyone with similar cass status? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by pendingville View Post
                          So i logged into cass to check in after a few months of trying to not think about cbp... All of my check ticks are gone and it just says referred to schedule eod. I have not received anything by mail or phone. What does that phrase "referred to schedule eod" mean? Anyone with similar cass status? Thanks!
                          You are now in TSU (Training and Scheduling Unit)... Now waiting for the actual call with an "offer" of employment, when it will come nobody knows. If you applied for the SW border then you might be in luck and get a call sooner rather than later.
                          CBPO

Comment

• Christ... So im right back to the tsu wait. Been waiting since 2008 like so many others... I was hoping that meant there was the chance of the call. This process is disgusting!

Comment

• Originally posted by pendingville View Post
                              Christ... So im right back to the tsu wait. Been waiting since 2008 like so many others... I was hoping that meant there was the chance of the call. This process is disgusting!
                              If you were never referred to schedule EOD before, you were never in TSU, since you're just asking what that message meant... I take it you were never in it... so This would be the first time you were actually waiting for "the call". Did you ever do a Poly? Are you willing to change your geo to the SW border?... this is where the "new" hiring will take place and only about 225 spots available... new announcement coming this month. Oh and TSU dates mean nothing now, they go by TO dates...

I more than anyone here can agree on how ridiculous this process is, take a look at my timeline, and I'm submitting all the BI paperwork for the 4th time. Be glad you finally hit TSU, I've never been in it!!!...
                              Last edited by yoda; 11-03-2010, 09:16 AM.
                              CBPO

Comment

• No, i have never seen this msg before. I always had a list of the items needed in order to pass and then a green check next to all of them. I recently cleared another background check but instead of the usual check marks it only says referred to schedule eod. Odd. My poly guy called but his testing day i was out of state for current job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11372 users online. 388 members and 10984 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X