300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously!
    With the 100's if not 1000's of applicants already in the pool NATIONWIDE, what difference does it really make with this "new" coming open period... and if there are classes coming up @ FLETC (so what?)... there have been classes going on, just not as many people/classes as before (when we had the push a couple of years ago) when they where double stacking people on rooms! You guys can try to see some light at the end of the tunnel, trying to figure out this process, GOOD LUCK!... Don't look for hope, simply move on as if you never applied, and if the call comes then good if it doesn't at least you gave it a shot.

Any announcements in the future and hiring for that matter will most likely be for the SWB, because of the highly politicized illegal immigration issue at the SWB, that's where politicians are willing to send money for "their" gain!... Every one of us that has been waiting for years for other ports, not on the SWB, will probably never get a call in the near future. I have been in this process for years now, and in that time I have left other opportunities go by, because I was waiting on CBP and yet here I am years later still waiting, but I have taken some new opportunities in past year for myself and planning on others as well since the chances of being picked up in the near future are so bleak. I have been afraid of making a move where I'll be in the middle of doing that and all of a sudden I get a call from CBP with an offer... well that scenario had to be kicked out of my thought process to be able to move along, and I suggest all of you do the same.

End of Rant!....

PL07
    I understand you want to bring the hopes up of us in the process, but telling us that a new academy will be scheduled @ FLETC means nothing to hiring all over the country, unless you work at MHC and can give us the "factual" 411... don't even bring it up. Cause all you'll get is irrelevant questions from people looking for a glimpse of hope that you obviously can't give!... Thank you for the initiative, but this kind of info should simply be mentioned in passing and not as NEWS for applicants.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone received a medical update form recently..?

This is after sending back the FCRA and EQIP updates.
      "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
      TEST - 03/02/09
      NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
      TO - 04/06/09
      FORMS - 04/21/09
      MED/FIT - 04/29/09
      DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
      QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
      VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
      BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
      TSU - 08/14/09
      The "Call" - 01/14/11
      EOD - 02/07/11
      FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
      TEST - 12/13/10
      NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Well if you were one of the lucky few to actually GET hired and go to FLETC, you are going to be very happy that hiring has been so slow. Less people means a single room, most likely at the Taj. It also means you can actually get to have enough time to eat at the chow hall instead of the bag lunches. It means more time and actual room to even tie your shoes int he locker room before/after PT, DT, etc. Also it means less people in your class screwing up and making it worse for everyone.

Comment

• I could care less abut your response Yoda. If you don't like what I post, then don't read it. Some of those who like hearing good news that is reliable might want to read it. Do you work for this agency? No. Do you know what is reliable and what's unreliable and who reliable information comes from? No. I didn't get it from a CPB tech at a POE, it was from a higher up at the field office. I knew someone like you would respond like that, that's why I put that in my comment. Bottom line, if you don't like it...don't read it.

Comment

• Also, on DelphiForums someone posted that they got the call today for Laredo, TX for the Academy on Jan. 19. EOD is 12/20/10. Whether or not this is a fact, I am not sure.
            Last edited by PL07; 10-25-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
              Also, on DelphiForums someone posted that they got the call today for Laredo, TX for the Academy on Jan. 19. EOD is 12/20/10. Whether or not this is a fact, I am not sure.
              Thanks for the info

It seems we both have the exact same timeline with the exception of a four day TSU difference. Same location and everything...here's hoping!!
              "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
              TEST - 03/02/09
              NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
              TO - 04/06/09
              FORMS - 04/21/09
              MED/FIT - 04/29/09
              DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
              QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
              VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
              BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
              TSU - 08/14/09
              The "Call" - 01/14/11
              EOD - 02/07/11
              FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
              TEST - 12/13/10
              NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• I find it very strange though that he got the call two months before EOD date...

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                  I could care less abut your response Yoda. If you don't like what I post, then don't read it. Some of those who like hearing good news that is reliable might want to read it. Do you work for this agency? No. Do you know what is reliable and what's unreliable and who reliable information comes from? No. I didn't get it from a CPB tech at a POE, it was from a higher up at the field office. I knew someone like you would respond like that, that's why I put that in my comment. Bottom line, if you don't like it...don't read it.
                  You're funny dude!... I never meant any disrespect towards you, and if you take your time to read what I wrote to you you'll see it, in any case I apologize if my tone was not appropriate. I do have family and friends that work for CBP, so I do have some sources of info...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• whats the difference between CBP and BPA and why are CBP located all over the country. ive tryed to find information on this and have been really unsuccessful
                    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                      whats the difference between CBP and BPA and why are CBP located all over the country. ive tryed to find information on this and have been really unsuccessful
                      CBP is actually an agency that has many different specialties. CBPO's work in the Office of Field Operations. BP agents work in the Office of Border Patrol. Both enforce many of the same laws with a much different focus. BP works between the ports while CBPO's work at the ports of entries. Obviously this is a very general description. To get into a detailed description will take more time than I'm willing to devote.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                        Ive tryed to find information on this and have been really unsuccessful
                        http://forums.officer.com/showthread...947#post972947

C'mon, man. This job is all about uncovering information. Ask yourself; if you have a hard time finding "cbp officer agent" in google, how will you ever find heroin pellets crammed up the wrong end of average looking passengers? ;-)

From what I've gleaned, CBP Officers let a steady stream of law abiders IN to a limited number of entry points, while BP Agents keep law breakers OUT everywhere else.
                        Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 10-25-2010, 05:09 PM.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                          CBP is actually an agency that has many different specialties. CBPO's work in the Office of Field Operations. BP agents work in the Office of Border Patrol. Both enforce many of the same laws with a much different focus. BP works between the ports while CBPO's work at the ports of entries. Obviously this is a very general description. To get into a detailed description will take more time than I'm willing to devote.
                          CBPO work at ports of entry like air, land and sea ports. Border Patrol Agents work for the United States Border Patrol (USBP). Patrol Agents work in between the ports of entry on the southern/northern land borders in places like deserts and mountains.

Comment

• A guy on the Delphi forums was just given an EOD for MIA. That's the first PPOE that I've seen hire anyone in almost a year and a half. It can't be bad news which has been the only thing coming out of these forums in as much time.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                              A guy on the Delphi forums was just given an EOD for MIA. That's the first PPOE that I've seen hire anyone in almost a year and a half. It can't be bad news which has been the only thing coming out of these forums in as much time.

Thats awsome... So glad Calls are going out.
                              I Hope we get the call soo. Im waiting for JFK as well. Have the Same TO date as you also hah
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TO - 01/29/09
                              TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                              Expired 6/10/11
                              Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• I just checked - the guy who was hired at MIA had a TO date of.......... 08/07. It's going to be a long haul, It's just good to know that CBP hasn't filed chapter 11.
                                CBPO
                                GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                                PE Forms - Completed
                                Fitness - Completed
                                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                                Drug Screen - Completed
                                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                                TSU

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8650 users online. 234 members and 8416 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X