300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    The USPS is a quasi-federal agency, at best, and not one within DHS. I'm guessing CBP has the option to elect not to pay-match them.

Don't forget, virtually all CBPO hires are FCIP appointments. Virtually all FCIP hires who are current federal employees will see pay-matching of base pay.
    They will match USPS pay if you press them on the issue.
    CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Originally posted by geormar View Post
      Talk about someone getting busted on a polygraph exam. Check the article out

http://www.justnews.com/news/25466293/detail.html[/URL]ws/25466293/detail.html
      He looks like a gangbanger. The pride and joy of CBPO Applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by geormar View Post
        Talk about someone getting busted on a polygraph exam. Check the article out

http://www.justnews.com/news/25466293/detail.html[/URL]ws/25466293/detail.html
        He wasn't busted, he admitted to it on the "interview" portion prior to the actual poly... Gotta love how these news people try to spin things around... calling it "admitting to it on a job interview"!
        Most likely this guy would've been picked up back in the hiring frenzy day...
        The article should read, "the hiring process is filtering out the dirt"!...
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          He wasn't busted, he admitted to it on the "interview" portion prior to the actual poly... Gotta love how these news people try to spin things around... calling it "admitting to it on a job interview"!
          Most likely this guy would've been picked up back in the hiring frenzy day...
          The article should read, "the hiring process is filtering out the dirt"!...
          Haha, Yoda whats F'd up is that he'll probably still get an EOD faster than you will!

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
            He looks like a gangbanger. The pride and joy of CBPO Applicants.
            Why does he look like a gangbanger? I'm just curious, I don't see any gang tattoos in the picture, gang related clothing, he isn't throwing up any gang signs. In fact the only thing I can see from the picture is the subject's face and skin color.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• It was about time for the DHS to open up the CBP Officer position!!!!
              Last edited by pepe; 10-22-2010, 02:39 PM.
              "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
              Written Test: 10/04/10
              NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
              TSL 1: 11/17/10
              OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
              Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
              TSL 2: 04/29/11.
              e-QIP: 05/08/11
              BI Interview: 07/26/11
              Drug test: 08/05/11
              Polygraph: 02/08/2012
              CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
              Written Test: 12/09/10
              NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
              TSL 1: 06/14/11
              PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
              VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                Why does he look like a gangbanger? I'm just curious, I don't see any gang tattoos in the picture, gang related clothing, he isn't throwing up any gang signs. In fact the only thing I can see from the picture is the subject's face and skin color.
                Very true... I can't see any type of sign that suggests he's engage in any type of gang activity/association!
                "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                Written Test: 10/04/10
                NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                TSL 1: 11/17/10
                OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                e-QIP: 05/08/11
                BI Interview: 07/26/11
                Drug test: 08/05/11
                Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                Written Test: 12/09/10
                NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                TSL 1: 06/14/11
                PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  My guess remains that it is a brand new exam. Been alot of talk of tougher hiring standards, academy, etc. No offense to anyone but i think that there arent going to be any t.o.'s going out for the past exam. Probably rather take 90's-100's off a new exam than 80's off the old one. I have absolutely no confirmation of any of this, just my guess.
                  Actually, it has to do with what we were just talking about on entry level. With the Journeyman at GS12, and all former announcements listing GS11, some people who did not apply may decide to, and entry level could increase. Also the P.T. changes, polygraph and other pre employment steps that have changed will now be listed in the announcement. This will also give people, with a high score but who listed geographic preferences with no vacancies to change to the Southwest Border.
                  Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• I called TSU last week and they weren't even aware of the upcoming announcement yet. The woman told me that she'd heard about it from CBPO applicants calling in with questions about it. She couldn't confirm that it would be restricted to the SWB. The purpose of my call was to see if I would EOD faster if I reapplied under a SWB announcement, but she advised me not to apply to any new announcement since I have such an old cert. date. She told me that she should have a CBP class schedule in early November, so to call back then and she would give me whatever information that she had.
                    CBPO
                    Written 08/08
                    TO 02/09
                    TSU 06/09
                    BI Expired 04/10
                    Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                    Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                    TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                    Written 08/10
                    TO 09/10
                    TSU 11/10
                    THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                    FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• FCRA Update Timeline

I seem to be stuck in "pendingville" after being pulled from TSU for the FCRA update. Would anyone like to comment on what would be considered "typical" for a timeframe to get back into TSU after submitting the form? FYI, I'm waiting for an Aggie position in Michigan. I realize this forum is for Officers, but much of the process is the same... plus, this forum is much more active than the Aggie forum on FedSoup.

Here are the details:

- Cleared initial background on October 31, 2009
                      - Received FCRA update request from CBP July 16, 2010 (approx)
                      - I have a signature confirmation for the form from Minneapolis dated July 21
                      - I contacted them two months ago and they stated that it was forwarded to Internal Affairs on July 23
                      - My credit report indicates CBP pulled my credit report on July 30

Since then, my background has been "pending". I guess my background check would technically expire in a week. I don't believe there is any reason (on my end) for such a long delay. I know some others have been back in TSU much quicker. If anything, my credit has improved since I paid off my credit card a few weeks ago. I did take a part-time job last November, which was after my background check cleared.

Basically, I'm wondering if there has been some sort of glitch that would cause me to get "filed" into an abyss somewhere in IA. Or, maybe this timeline is relatively normal. Anyone care to comment?

Comment

• I remember being in pending-ville for that amount of time. It will most likely clear 1 month after your credit cleared last year. I'm talking out of my hat, but I remember it clearing again right when I started to get really frustrated.

Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
                        FCRA Update Timeline

I seem to be stuck in "pendingville" after being pulled from TSU for the FCRA update. Would anyone like to comment on what would be considered "typical" for a timeframe to get back into TSU after submitting the form? FYI, I'm waiting for an Aggie position in Michigan. I realize this forum is for Officers, but much of the process is the same... plus, this forum is much more active than the Aggie forum on FedSoup.

Here are the details:

- Cleared initial background on October 31, 2009
                        - Received FCRA update request from CBP July 16, 2010 (approx)
                        - I have a signature confirmation for the form from Minneapolis dated July 21
                        - I contacted them two months ago and they stated that it was forwarded to Internal Affairs on July 23
                        - My credit report indicates CBP pulled my credit report on July 30

Since then, my background has been "pending". I guess my background check would technically expire in a week. I don't believe there is any reason (on my end) for such a long delay. I know some others have been back in TSU much quicker. If anything, my credit has improved since I paid off my credit card a few weeks ago. I did take a part-time job last November, which was after my background check cleared.

Basically, I'm wondering if there has been some sort of glitch that would cause me to get "filed" into an abyss somewhere in IA. Or, maybe this timeline is relatively normal. Anyone care to comment?
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Just a little information. I was told from some sources in my field office that there is going to be a FLETC class for CBPO's in February. It came from reliable sources and it was from the field office. Now, I already know someone is going to say that if it isn't from HQ then its not reliable. I'm just trying to give out some information that I think is reliable and would bring some hope to applicants. Also, it would be the new academy training.

Comment

Just a little information. I was told from some sources in my field office that there is going to be a FLETC class for CBPO's in February. It came from reliable sources and it was from the field office. Now, I already know someone is going to say that if it isn't from HQ then its not reliable. I'm just trying to give out some information that I think is reliable and would bring some hope to applicants. Also, it would be the new academy training.
                            If you don't mind me asking, what field office do you work for? And is this information pertaining to new hires in your FO or the nation as a whole? As an applicant waiting in TSU for the SWB for over a year, and the bill just recently passed, I was surely hoping there would be classes in FLETC before February.

Comment

• I wont release that info. Whole nation.

Comment

I wont release that info. Whole nation.

Will this also mean locations in St. Thomas will have a possibility of getting the call?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9706 users online. 366 members and 9340 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X