300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    I believe that is for current cbpo's who want to send up a packet to be a supervisory cbpo.
    Right. Only for current CBPO's looking to make the jump to management.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Couldnt tell ya that. Like i said, you'll see what develops on the 16th. Yeah i suppose you might want to replace the new sups with a new officer, but dont think its enough to warrant an announcement, expecially with all the people sitting by the phone right now. All i can think of is that there might be another hiring push for whatever reason, a new test and quals based on new standards, limited locale announcement, or all or none of the above!
      The Sup announcement is due to the Journeyman 12. As the old announcement was Supervisor GS12 it had to reflect the new grade of GS13. It is a standing announcement to fill vacancies as they occur, and has no impact on new hiring. The new announcement will be for Southwest Border and is based on the supplemental bill spending. When we finally get a budget we may see additional positions on other than the Southwest Border.
      Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• i hope the new opening is nation wide hopefully so i can reapply to get back to the east coast
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• I doubt that there will be any postings other than for SWB.

Comment

• Boo oh well
            "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• If I reapplied under this new announcement for a different location, would my paper work transfer over or would I have to redo the whole process including the test?

Comment

• My exam is in 3 weeks, for those of you who have taken it and scored well, how hard was the Artificial Language Test portion? I have absolutely no knowledge of Spanish other than how to order Mexican food heh. Any suggestions or tips? Thanks.

Comment

• Wrong forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffMerr View Post
                    My exam is in 3 weeks, for those of you who have taken it and scored well, how hard was the Artificial Language Test portion? I have absolutely no knowledge of Spanish other than how to order Mexican food heh. Any suggestions or tips? Thanks.
                    You're looking for the Border patrol forum. But, ive taken their test and you'd better study the ALT study guide, because if you dont you'll fail without question. Its as confusing as trying to speak spanish without ever having had a lesson.

Comment

• As most already know, these threads are huge, so I don't know if my question has been posted or not, I'm sure it has, I just can’t locate it. So here's my question for you guys. Currently I'm working for TSA & have been for 4 years, I'm at a base salary of $33,627 plus my locality and I’m also competing for a promotion that would put me at a base salary of $39,358 plus locality. So my questions is, if I were to apply and be excepted into an entry level CBP position, would I have to start at the bottom of the GS-5 scale or do they/have they worked with anyone you may know or even yourself, to offer a more competitive salary due to already serving in a federal position? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• They usually will match your salary if you worked for an agency within DHS. You will either start out at a 5 or 7 or a 9 if you have some kind of graduate degree. You won't be given any competitive salary over others just because you worked for TSA.

Comment

• I believe that they would start you out at GS-7 plus locality pay based on your 4 years at TSA if my memory from application 3 years ago is to be trusted.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• All depends on how he fills out the Qual forms....

Comment

• Well with the word usage displayed... That'd be a hard sell!
                              Wouldn't you think "ACCEPTED"... Just had to throw it out there!... no harm meant

except |ikˈsept|
                              preposition
                              not including; other than : naked except for my socks | they work every day except Sunday.
                              conjunction
                              used before a statement that forms an exception to one just made : I didn't tell him anything, except that I needed the money | our berets were the same except mine had a leather band inside.
                              • archaic unless : she never offered advice, except it were asked of her.
                              verb [ trans. ] formal
                              specify as not included in a category or group; exclude : he excepted from his criticism a handful of distinguished writers.
                              ORIGIN late Middle English : from Latin except- ‘taken out,’ from the verb excipere, from ex- ‘out of’ + capere ‘take.’
                              USAGE See usage at accept
                              Last edited by yoda; 10-18-2010, 05:50 AM. Reason: Definition... just because it sounds like it doesn't mean it is
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                Well with the word usage displayed... That'd be a hard sell!
                                Wouldn't you think "ACCEPTED"... Just had to throw it out there!... no harm meant

except |ikˈsept|
                                preposition
                                not including; other than : naked except for my socks | they work every day except Sunday.
                                conjunction
                                used before a statement that forms an exception to one just made : I didn't tell him anything, except that I needed the money | our berets were the same except mine had a leather band inside.
                                • archaic unless : she never offered advice, except it were asked of her.
                                verb [ trans. ] formal
                                specify as not included in a category or group; exclude : he excepted from his criticism a handful of distinguished writers.
                                ORIGIN late Middle English : from Latin except- ‘taken out,’ from the verb excipere, from ex- ‘out of’ + capere ‘take.’
                                USAGE See usage at accept
                                Touche' Yoda, touche' I couldn't agree more with you. Silly english mistake on my part.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5098 users online. 243 members and 4855 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X