Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just took my VBT last Thursday. When should I expect the results? Will they come by mail or should I just check the CASS? Thanks.

Comment

• vbt results

It took 3 weeks for mine to show up completed in CASS and got my results in the mail a couple days after that.
      CBPO
      Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
      Med/Fit-completed 1/08
      Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
      Quals-completed 6/08
      BI-completed 8/08
      Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
      Start-10/14/08
      FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• polygraph

deleted..................
        Last edited by Goosell; 09-09-2008, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
          I always figured a polygraph was required for the CBPO position but i was reading through all the stuff online and i didnt see anything about a poly.

So do they give you a poly?? If not what do they do, talk to people that know you?

I would prefer a poly cuz ive lied to my parents, friends etc. about certain things , I.E. i have told almost everyone i smoked pot to seem cool, but i really have never touched the stuff, so do they do a poly?? Sounds weird but i think a polygraph would help me more if i took it (As far as the BI goes)
          There is no poly for CBPO's candidates. Your BI will be focused on interviews with people that really knows you. Next time be smart (grow up) and be yourself if you want to impress people. One thing is for sure, mistakes in the goverment equals jail time.

Comment

• What Viper said...except to add that while Uncle Sugar does not routinely put CBPO applicants to the test, I believe that the right to do so is reserved by the G.

Comment

• deleted.....................
              Last edited by Goosell; 09-09-2008, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I was like 16 at the time, no one is grown up at 16 And i've only lied bout smoking pot nothing else. Everyone says things to their parents/friends to sound cool lol come on everyone has done it.

So will i get the chance to tell the BI upfront that i told my parents/friends ive smoked pot when i actually haven't or will this not even be an issue.

And yes i know it was dumb to lie but if that is the worst thing on my background i think my background is cleaner than most
                Come clean with your parents and friends first and there may be no need to tell your BI that you lied about smoking pot.

On a side note.... I am little confused how telling your parents you smoked pot makes you cool. In a twisted sense I could see telling your friend, but your parents???

Comment

I was like 16 at the time, no one is grown up at 16 And i've only lied bout smoking pot nothing else. Everyone says things to their parents/friends to sound cool lol come on everyone has done it.

So will i get the chance to tell the BI upfront that i told my parents/friends ive smoked pot when i actually haven't or will this not even be an issue.

And yes i know it was dumb to lie but if that is the worst thing on my background i think my background is cleaner than most
                  I'm guessing unless someone actually steps up and claims to have seen you smoking dope your biggest problem will be explaining to your BI just how you could have possibly thought that lying about smoking dope would somehow make you look 'cooler'.

Comment

• I was told this morning to prepare for a 14:40 1.5 mile time at FLETC.
                    CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Quick question for anyone in the know: I had my VBT last week and the CBP officer who gave me the exam told me that they have the option to grant a temporary clearance if the new hire signed a release stating that if anything detrimental came up in the BI that CBP could fire you. Has anyone else heard of that or been offered that option?

Comment

• Originally posted by HokieBird View Post
                        I was told this morning to prepare for a 14:40 1.5 mile time at FLETC.
                        Did you hear that from a credible source?

Comment

• How many have gotten the "offer' only to turn down for another geographic location.
                          How long did it take you to get hired again at new location?

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                            according to a post by SDSO several days ago the time to beat is 16:30 in the 1.5 mile run @ FLETC

Comment

I too have heard that at some point in the not-so-distant-future that the run time is likely dropping into the 14-something range.

The truth is that even a 14:30 1.5 mile isn't all that hard to run. Barring injury, anybody with average morphology and in decent shape ought to be able to punch it out with little problems.

Comment

Come clean with your parents and friends first and there may be no need to tell your BI that you lied about smoking pot.

On a side note.... I am little confused how telling your parents you smoked pot makes you cool. In a twisted sense I could see telling your friend, but your parents???
                                lol i was young at the time and my parents were talking with friends bout how they had all smoked pot and my dad even grew it, they then realized i was there and asked me if i had smoked pot, i didnt want to seem like a goodie-good in front of my parents and their friends when they had just had a conversation bout how they grew pot so i told them i had and ive never really come clean on it........o well its not that big of a deal ill just tell them the truth

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8215 users online. 403 members and 7812 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X