Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes it is true. If you go to cbp.gov and go to the careers tab it is in the slide show type thing under the cbpo slide. Good news??? Hope so.

Comment

• Yea just saw it.. Thanks bro!
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TO - 01/29/09
      TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
      Expired 6/10/11
      Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by SlickWillie View Post
        Firebug, are you trying to be helpful?
        I can't tell because you say I should go look elsewhere for employment but you also say that you don't agree (like me) with the polygraph. If you also don't agree, like me, why'd you say anything?

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the worst thing this agency did for recruitment was put some of the CBP's on the TV show, Border Wars? Let's just say the mystery of why physical fitness standards went up is evident!
        I am trying to tell you how it is. Things change constantly. It doesn't matter if you agree or not. It doesn't matter if I agree or not. If you don't adapt well to change or you don't like if things don't run the way you think they should this might not be the job for you. Only you can make that decision. I have said it before and I guess I will say it again. The days of being hired quickly is over. That was NOT the norm. It is going back to the normal time frame of being hired. That is measured in many months to in some cases years. The agency has learned that the mass hiring and the over taxing of the training cycle is detrimental to the agency in the long run. I am sorry that I can't give you the news that you want to hear but I am trying to tell you what to expect. If you don't find that helpful so be it but please remember that I have already been where you are at. I have experienced the wait, the hoops to jump through, and the frustration that goes with that. If you think that goes away after you get the job, you are not going to be very happy in the agency. I have the job, put in the time, and am no longer a rank and file officer. I am just conveying information. You have to chose if you wish to use the information to your advantage or not.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
          From the cbp.gov website,

“CBP will begin accepting applications for entry-level CBP Officers beginning November 16, 2010.”
          Absurd with so many waiting on EOD.
          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
            Absurd with so many waiting on EOD.
            Have they even issued out any TOs since the last announcement from April 2009? What is the need for another one? I am guessing this new announcement will be for only southwest border locations to replenish the pool. If true, maybe this is more good news for those of us waiting in TSU for the SWB (myself included). I will be shocked if this upcoming announcement is nation-wide since they have yet to issue out TOs since the last one over 18 months ago. Any agents have any insight?

Comment

• Purging applicants. That sounds in line with the logic and practices listed so far. There is alot of new unemployed talent out there. Damn it.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by jb5722
                how can any port be over staffed when they are only screening like 5% of cargo?
                My port is one of the biggest in the country. We have lost 30-40 CBPO's and we are still over authorized staffing levels. I'm sure it is the same all around the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                  Purging applicants. That sounds in line with the logic and practices listed so far. There is alot of new unemployed talent out there. Damn it.
                  That could absolutely be the case. Alot of what has been written (whether there is any truth to it or not?) is about a re-working of the academy and hiring practices, etc. A new test and new qualifications needed to reach gs-5/7 levels may be part of this. OR, could just be a very limited location announcement. Just have to wait til the 16th to find out for sure, but i bet the announcement differs at least slightly from what we've seen in the past.

Comment

• One thing you are gauranteed is that it will say a polygraph is required on the announcement.

Comment

• Also, I highly doubt it will be a nationwide announcement. Prolly will be similar to BP's current announcement.

Comment

• I guess you never know. Alot of common sense might say that its a case of "why select apps from people who scored 80-85 on the old test, when in a few months we can choose 90-100's on the 'new' exam?". Especially if they arent actively hiring at any expeditious rate right now anyways? Not that i know of a new test, but if i had to gamble i bet ya there is a new exam and all that took the old and have yet to get a t.o. will have to re-apply. Its always been the case that your test score (if you were satisfied with it) could be re-used over and over and over again UNLESS a new exam is implemented.

Comment

whats the deal with the current promotional announcement open on usajobs for cbpo's that shows nationwide opportunities?
                          I believe that is for current cbpo's who want to send up a packet to be a supervisory cbpo.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                            One thing you are gauranteed is that it will say a polygraph is required on the announcement.
                            It'll be on there but im sure it'll still stay "may require" just so they can not poly someone if they deem it not necessary.

Comment

i understand, i'm wondering whether the fact that the promotion process is nationwide would reflect on the entry level announcement possibly being nationwide. is the announcement for positions that are already in place, or to establish a promotional list?
                              Couldnt tell ya that. Like i said, you'll see what develops on the 16th. Yeah i suppose you might want to replace the new sups with a new officer, but dont think its enough to warrant an announcement, expecially with all the people sitting by the phone right now. All i can think of is that there might be another hiring push for whatever reason, a new test and quals based on new standards, limited locale announcement, or all or none of the above!

Comment

• The only sense I can make for a new announcement would be for specific POE's, especially those in the SW border, where they want to bring up staff levels... Where the recent "funding" for new officers passed....
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12978 users online. 479 members and 12499 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X