Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No, not really stressing as I've passed polygraphs and VSA's with no problem by telling the truth that becomes more and more ancient history with each passing decade. Really, I haven't done anything I can't admit to it's just that it's humiliating to relive misdemeanors that are twenty years old hoping I can remember them all each time under stress. "No pressure- it's just your law enforcement reputation on the line! Don't worry, failing this means you'll probably lose your current job because you're a liar now! Just relax while I put these gauges on your chest and stomach to decide your fate...."
    Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

    Comment


    • No, you're right it wouldn't get one fired it's just that "going federal" gets you enough unwanted attention at your local job as it is. Mysteriously falling out of a hiring process after fielding years of "have you heard anything from CBP yet?" would just be humiliating. I'm sure everyone knows exactly what I mean. I'm really looking forward to the third Christmas with family as they scratch their heads with the same question they were asking in 08. And, if I felt like the machine was a viable foolproof science, I wouldn't have said anything. It's the roll of the dice factor that bugs me the most. I expect an FBI poly coming up in the next month or two that for some reason, I am not at all anxious about. Maybe it's that they aren't making up the hiring process as they go and changing it every five months!
      Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

      Comment


      • Slick,
        I felt the same way about the Poly, but you just gotta do it! My BI has been held up for 3 years, so if the Poly was needed for them to green light me so be it... I have absolutely nothing to hide, but then again even though I passed my poly in August I still appear as pending on CASS. This process is what it is, and you just have to roll with the punches.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SlickWillie View Post
          No, you're right it wouldn't get one fired it's just that "going federal" gets you enough unwanted attention at your local job as it is. Mysteriously falling out of a hiring process after fielding years of "have you heard anything from CBP yet?" would just be humiliating. I'm sure everyone knows exactly what I mean. I'm really looking forward to the third Christmas with family as they scratch their heads with the same question they were asking in 08. And, if I felt like the machine was a viable foolproof science, I wouldn't have said anything. It's the roll of the dice factor that bugs me the most. I expect an FBI poly coming up in the next month or two that for some reason, I am not at all anxious about. Maybe it's that they aren't making up the hiring process as they go and changing it every five months!
          If you cannot adapt to changing policies and conditions, I suggest that you look elsewhere for employment. This job and how you are expected to do this job will change when you least expect it and usually to something you never would have believed would have happened. For what it is worth the possibility of a poly has been part of the process for years. They are trying to shoot for 100%. I don't agree but we don't get a say. Get used to that.

          FB

          Comment


          • I applied for CBPO in MIA a 2 years ago and it was extended to Dec

            I also applied for CBP Tech, what does the Tech actually do.. ????????????????
            I was called for that last year and they asked me was i still interested, I said yes..

            I know every one here for some reason hate TSO but anyway, I am also pending for TSO in the ready pool..

            Comment


            • Techs are purely support positions. Completely non law enforcement. Do admin work, mail packages, order supplies, count inventory, desk job.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                If you cannot adapt to changing policies and conditions, I suggest that you look elsewhere for employment. This job and how you are expected to do this job will change when you least expect it and usually to something you never would have believed would have happened. For what it is worth the possibility of a poly has been part of the process for years. They are trying to shoot for 100%. I don't agree but we don't get a say. Get used to that.

                FB
                Firebug, are you trying to be helpful?
                I can't tell because you say I should go look elsewhere for employment but you also say that you don't agree (like me) with the polygraph. If you also don't agree, like me, why'd you say anything?


                Also, am I the only one who thinks that the worst thing this agency did for recruitment was put some of the CBP's on the TV show, Border Wars? Let's just say the mystery of why physical fitness standards went up is evident!
                Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  Slick,
                  I felt the same way about the Poly, but you just gotta do it! My BI has been held up for 3 years, so if the Poly was needed for them to green light me so be it... I have absolutely nothing to hide, but then again even though I passed my poly in August I still appear as pending on CASS. This process is what it is, and you just have to roll with the punches.
                  Yoda, I'm sure I'm not the first one to offer condolences. It really is an amazing display of determination, though! Good exercise in discipline if you need a new positive approach to get you through the fourth year! Do you have any idea why the BI has taken so long? I'd have to guess they lost it. I had someone admit that it was missing from Feb to Feb last year. Awesome!
                  Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SlickWillie View Post
                    Yoda, I'm sure I'm not the first one to offer condolences. It really is an amazing display of determination, though! Good exercise in discipline if you need a new positive approach to get you through the fourth year! Do you have any idea why the BI has taken so long? I'd have to guess they lost it. I had someone admit that it was missing from Feb to Feb last year. Awesome!
                    When I first contacted my Adjudicator, about a year into the process, she didn't even know my case was assigned to her or where the file was. A year after that initial contact I received my NOPA, and ever since I sent in my reply I have not heard a word on it... other than having to do the Poly in August of this year (which I PASSED). I have been trying to get a hold of someone in IA to give me some info, but I have failed to get anyone to pick up or call back. So it continues to be what it is...
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

                    Comment


                    • Just sent you a pm yoda.
                      Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

                      Comment


                      • From the cbp.gov website,

                        “CBP will begin accepting applications for entry-level CBP Officers beginning November 16, 2010.”

                        Comment


                        • Retarded.....lol. Government hiring makes no sense. Sure it might be for hiring down the road, but some ports are still overstaffed.

                          Comment


                          • I have a fear that this may be the death blow where they change the test and clear the slate.
                            CBPO East Texas
                            TO: 3/3/09
                            Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                            Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                            Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                            VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                            Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                            Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                            BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                            TSU: 8/27/09
                            FCRA: 05/19/10
                            BI Update: 6/16/10

                            Comment


                            • If you have a TO you are fine. If not, you should reapply.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
                                From the cbp.gov website,

                                “CBP will begin accepting applications for entry-level CBP Officers beginning November 16, 2010.”
                                Is this true.. Cant find it on the page..
                                CBPO
                                GEO - NY/JFK
                                TO - 01/29/09
                                TSU - 05/05/09

                                Background cleared on 6/10/09
                                Expired 6/10/11
                                Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4041 users online. 195 members and 3846 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X