300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
    Just got my medical update form. Good news is that all I have to do is fill it out and send it back and then my medical will be complete for both CBPO and BPA.
    Congrats. That new money is just around the corner. I hope FY11 brings you guys the call you're looking for.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
      This job is a true test in patience.
      Just remember when someone in the government says,"Hurry up..." they always leave off the last part of the sentence. In the case of the federal government the full sentence is, "Hurry up, you have a lot of waiting to do and you don't want to be late."
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• well I applied in August had my exam exactly 1 months later 9/27/10 and I got my results NOR 80 in 2 days 9/29/10. I think that is really fast. although I have to wait for my 5 points preference to be adjdicated.

Comment

• gizzy,

I think you want the Border Patrol Forum (Guys In Green). This thread is for Customs and Border Protection Officers and wannabees (Blue Uniform) . Good luck with your quest. CBPO's might have an announcement after the first of the New Year.
          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• hey everyone, i just heard some news yesterday regarding CBPO. a friend of mine whos been in the system for over 3 years and whos dad is a big dog or homeland security told me that CBP will be having a mass hiring here soon in the next couple months hopefully. has anyone else heard this? just hoping for a confirmation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamicbpo View Post
              hey everyone, i just heard some news yesterday regarding CBPO. a friend of mine whos been in the system for over 3 years and whos dad is a big dog or homeland security told me that CBP will be having a mass hiring here soon in the next couple months hopefully. has anyone else heard this? just hoping for a confirmation.
              He might be referring to the 250 new officers going to the SW border.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I think that they are finally going to spend the money they got in the supplemental spending bill, the Southwest Border positions. They still can not seem to pass a budget, so these are the only ones that we will get for a while. :/
                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• So, anybody else get asked to drive 300 miles to go take a polygraph? No kidding. I feel so conflicted on this- I've been in TSU for over a year now and now I'm out and back to pending. 600 miles in one day or should I just buy two tanks of gas AND a hotel room? Is this normal for others selected for polygraphs?

Is this a random sample or is this to further reward those of us who were honest with our investigator? I figure it has everything to do with me admitting to smoking pot when I was sixteen- FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!
                  Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlickWillie View Post
                    So, anybody else get asked to drive 300 miles to go take a polygraph? No kidding. I feel so conflicted on this- I've been in TSU for over a year now and now I'm out and back to pending. 600 miles in one day or should I just buy two tanks of gas AND a hotel room? Is this normal for others selected for polygraphs?

Is this a random sample or is this to further reward those of us who were honest with our investigator? I figure it has everything to do with me admitting to smoking pot when I was sixteen- FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!
                    Welcome to the club. I had to do the same. I suggest you get a hotel because you'll want to be under as little stress as possible (your body that is) before you take a polygraph test. If you do not know exactly where the building is you should do a simulated run the evening before after you check into your hotel so you can make sure you know where you're going the next day. After that, go do what you gotta do, get as much sleep as you can and show up early. I hope this helps. I just got my oral board for a BPA position and I am going to do this exact sequence yet again because it works like a charm.

Comment

So, anybody else get asked to drive 300 miles to go take a polygraph? No kidding. I feel so conflicted on this- I've been in TSU for over a year now and now I'm out and back to pending. 600 miles in one day or should I just buy two tanks of gas AND a hotel room? Is this normal for others selected for polygraphs?

I had to drive more than that for mine, and the examiner told me that he was the only one for the west coast, so people from other states had to come down to him as well!!!... You need to be well rested, so drive down the day before and get a hotel room, this is a suggestion straight from the examiner.

BTW
                      The agency is trying to move to a 100% polygraph policy, supposedly it has been in place for a few months now, so expect to be called for one at any time...If this translates into actual job offers after passing it's another story in itself!...

Best of Luck!
                      Last edited by yoda; 10-04-2010, 08:38 AM.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Also, for anyone who's been down this polygraph path already- does this stick to the ten year scope of the SF86 or are we going back to the beginning of time as far as questions go?

"In the past ten years...."

"Since you've been a cop...."

or "Have you EVER...."

Thanks
                        Last edited by SlickWillie; 10-04-2010, 09:41 AM.
                        Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

Also, for anyone who's been down this polygraph path already- does this stick to the ten year scope of the SF86 or are we going back to the beginning of time as far as questions go?

"In the past ten years...."

"Since you've been a cop...."

or "Have you EVER...."

Thanks
                          Those of us that have gone through it can only tell you that the questions come from your SF-86....
                          That being said,
                          You seem to be stressing this a bit, if you have nothing to hide and tell the truth, you'll do just fine! Now, if you walk in there all stressed out you might throw the system out and your results could come back as "deceptive" or inconclusive... so RELAX, go well rested, and bring something to snack on cause it does take some time to go through the entire process.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                            This is what is says in cass. For me:

"Requirements Met 9/20/2010 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps."

At Least the Process is moving
                            Ok so i finally back in TSU and Referred to Schedule EOD. Hope they hire for jfk this year.. i know im pretty close.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TO - 01/29/09
                            TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                            Expired 6/10/11
                            Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                              Ok so i finally back in TSU and Referred to Schedule EOD. Hope they hire for jfk this year.. i know im pretty close.
                              Congrats, best of luck to you! I'm in the same boat...except the process is still moving. Haven't re-entered TSU yet, just went from green checks with a pending BI to the "requirements met" message.
                              "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                              TEST - 03/02/09
                              NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                              TO - 04/06/09
                              FORMS - 04/21/09
                              MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                              DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                              QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                              VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                              BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                              TSU - 08/14/09
                              The "Call" - 01/14/11
                              EOD - 02/07/11
                              FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                              TEST - 12/13/10
                              NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by koalica View Post
                                Congrats, best of luck to you! I'm in the same boat...except the process is still moving. Haven't re-entered TSU yet, just went from green checks with a pending BI to the "requirements met" message.
                                THanks! Same to you One of my co-workers got the call in 2009 right when i entered TSU. He got the call in 4 months.. So i should be right inline behind him if not then very close..
                                CBPO
                                GEO - NY/JFK
                                TO - 01/29/09
                                TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                                Expired 6/10/11
                                Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8228 users online. 368 members and 7860 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X