Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
    Why were you guys out of TSU? Did you have to do a new FCRA, SF-86, fingerprint cards and/or polygraph?
    Thanks.
    I initially just did the FCRA form, which was several months ago. Then I got an entire package in the mail a couple weeks ago. Thank God that e-quip saved all the info from last time and I just had to update a couple items.

    I am sort of confused about the package because it mentions a Modified Background Investigation form, but there is no such form. I am also wondering if I am going to have to meet with an investigator all over again since it's only been a year since I met with the first one.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sakic View Post
      I initially just did the FCRA form, which was several months ago. Then I got an entire package in the mail a couple weeks ago. Thank God that e-quip saved all the info from last time and I just had to update a couple items.

      I am sort of confused about the package because it mentions a Modified Background Investigation form, but there is no such form. I am also wondering if I am going to have to meet with an investigator all over again since it's only been a year since I met with the first one.
      same thing happened to me....I've met another investigator recently....so most likely you might meet the investigator again. Go through the same thing like the first one. The E-qip forms, meeting your co-workers, supervisors, previous employments, your neighbors, etc etc....
      TSU - 8/28/09
      TO - 3/2009
      On the job

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sakic View Post
        I initially just did the FCRA form, which was several months ago. Then I got an entire package in the mail a couple weeks ago. Thank God that e-quip saved all the info from last time and I just had to update a couple items.

        I am sort of confused about the package because it mentions a Modified Background Investigation form, but there is no such form. I am also wondering if I am going to have to meet with an investigator all over again since it's only been a year since I met with the first one.
        Were you ever put back in TSU though? That is, were you pulled from TSU because of your FCRA then back in TSU... then back to background pending because of a new background packet?


        Originally posted by sr20 View Post
        same thing happened to me....I've met another investigator recently....so most likely you might meet the investigator again. Go through the same thing like the first one. The E-qip forms, meeting your co-workers, supervisors, previous employments, your neighbors, etc etc....
        How long from the first time you were placed in TSU till the time you got a new set of e-qip? Did you also get pulled for your FCRA then placed back in TSU then pulled again for a new packet like I asked Sakic? Just curious because I was finally put back in to TSU after three months of being pulled for a new FCRA. Now I am processing with BP and I have a check mark for my background so I am curious to see what happens with both?!

        Comment


        • I never made it back to TSU after returning my FCRA form. Also, my drug test is pending, as is the pre-employment forms.

          This has been the most confusing and drawn out process I have ever seen.

          Even the CASS for my BP application is playing games with me. I had three green checks, now I only have one.

          I've pretty much written the CBP job off, but I will continue to play along. I really don't have much hope of getting the job.

          I am really hoping to get my interview with ICE soon. Unfortunately, I'm not as smart as everyone else, so they haven't made it down to my score just yet for interviews.l

          Comment


          • [/QUOTE]How long from the first time you were placed in TSU till the time you got a new set of e-qip? Did you also get pulled for your FCRA then placed back in TSU then pulled again for a new packet like I asked Sakic? Just curious because I was finally put back in to TSU after three months of being pulled for a new FCRA. Now I am processing with BP and I have a check mark for my background so I am curious to see what happens with both?![/QUOTE]

            I was still in TSU when they first emailed us, asking us to mail in the FCRA. I think that was around April of this year. Around in May or June they mailed me a whole new package, that's when I got pulled out of TSU. I haven't heard anything til just recently from the BI.

            Now, I'm just waiting for it to clear again.

            I'm sure you'll get the BP position before CBP even calls you. Good Luck on your process.....
            TSU - 8/28/09
            TO - 3/2009
            On the job

            Comment


            • Thanks sr20 and Sackic. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to anything really. I definitely agree that BP will come through before a CBPO position does. Either way, thanks for responding. Good luck to you both.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sakic View Post
                I never made it back to TSU after returning my FCRA form. Also, my drug test is pending, as is the pre-employment forms.

                This has been the most confusing and drawn out process I have ever seen.

                Even the CASS for my BP application is playing games with me. I had three green checks, now I only have one.

                I've pretty much written the CBP job off, but I will continue to play along. I really don't have much hope of getting the job.

                I am really hoping to get my interview with ICE soon. Unfortunately, I'm not as smart as everyone else, so they haven't made it down to my score just yet for interviews.l
                It seems like everyone is in a different situation. Everything on my CASS is still checked off except for Background...still in security office...
                TSU - 8/28/09
                TO - 3/2009
                On the job

                Comment


                • From what I understand, it's your T.O. date that counts now. The TSU date don't mean jack anymore. Since my T.O. date of June of 2008, I've done Two full B.I.'s and updated various forms. I also just cleared what used to be known as a NOPA. It is what it is. There are no entitlements here.
                  Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                  Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                    From what I understand, it's your T.O. date that counts now. The TSU date don't mean jack anymore. Since my T.O. date of June of 2008, I've done Two full B.I.'s and updated various forms. I also just cleared what used to be known as a NOPA. It is what it is. There are no entitlements here.
                    Crap, I forgot all about the NOPA. Did you have to deal with the same NOPA both times you've had a BI?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sakic View Post
                      Crap, I forgot all about the NOPA. Did you have to deal with the same NOPA both times you've had a BI?
                      You shouldn't. The issue was already investigated and cleared. If your BI asks you about it tell them it was covered on you last BI. If they continue asking give the information. For a while there was an issue where every five years people were dealing with the same issues that happened 10, 20, even 30 years earlier. OPM came out with guidance that if the issue had been resolved then it made no sense to deal with it again, but then again CBP does its own thing with BI and not necessarily what OPM dictates.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

                      For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

                      Comment


                      • Sakic,

                        Once was enough. Just cleared it recently.
                        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

                        Comment


                        • Almost 1 year to the date after my initial paperwork, I received the FCRA update form. My CASS went to pending for pre-employment forms and background. One week after sending the forms in, the pre-employment forms went back to green check. About one week after that, the pre-employment forms went back to pending and I received new fingerprint cards. Forms went green check again and then back to pending and I received a new E-QIP and SF-86 packet. Sent those back and forms went back to green check. BI is listed as in the security office and has been that way for about 3 months. 3 people with similar timelines to myself and same region have failed polys in that same time frame.

                          This job is a true test in patience. I remember stressing the step test, now I have a 1/2 marathon in Oct & Nov and I am attempting my first full marathon in Dec. I have since applied to local Police and Sheriff Departments, Border Patrol, and a state level Audit Special Agent position. Funny part is that I have been in process for CBPO for over a year and I fully expect that I will be hired for one of the other positions before hearing if my BI II ever clears.
                          CBPO East Texas
                          TO: 3/3/09
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                          TSU: 8/27/09
                          FCRA: 05/19/10
                          BI Update: 6/16/10

                          Comment


                          • You could very well be called for the Border Patrol position soon as they will use the same BI and are actively hiring.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FedUp13 View Post
                              You could very well be called for the Border Patrol position soon as they will use the same BI and are actively hiring.
                              Logically, it only makes sense. However, most of us CBPO applicants that are now TSU veterans... We've learned to become desensitized to the processing of federal jobs. We do not want to get our hopes up only just to be let down. But I do hope that being in TSU for a CBPO position helps us with a BPA position!!! Got the TO but where is my OB and Medical/PFT1!

                              Comment


                              • Just got my medical update form. Good news is that all I have to do is fill it out and send it back and then my medical will be complete for both CBPO and BPA.
                                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9089 users online. 428 members and 8661 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X