Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard can it be to put in a meaningful, productive movement policy?

All that's needed is a couple of geeks to design a 'swap/transfer' program, a handful of GS-05's who can type, and an open period every so often in which people who are looking to move elsewhere can apply with their current port and a list of the port(s) they wish to move to.

Input it all into the system and have the computer spit out every 37-way swap needed in order to get it all done.

I don't really buy into the 'good worker out/slug in' line of reasoning myself. I find it hard to believe that a 'good worker, just denied a swap/transfer, and who's left to deal with the issues that caused him to ask for the swap in the first place, is somehow going to remain 10-8. More than likely, imo, that 'good worker' finds himself down, out-of-it, and mailing in his performance at some point soon thereafter.

Or...in other words...reduced to a slug himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      How hard can it be to put in a meaningful, productive movement policy?

All that's needed is a couple of geeks to design a 'swap/transfer' program, a handful of GS-05's who can type, and an open period every so often in which people who are looking to move elsewhere can apply with their current port and a list of the port(s) they wish to move to.

Input it all into the system and have the computer spit out every 37-way swap needed in order to get it all done.

I don't really buy into the 'good worker out/slug in' line of reasoning myself. I find it hard to believe that a 'good worker, just denied a swap/transfer, and who's left to deal with the issues that caused him to ask for the swap in the first place, is somehow going to remain 10-8. More than likely, imo, that 'good worker' finds himself down, out-of-it, and mailing in his performance at some point soon thereafter.

Or...in other words...reduced to a slug himself.
      The Aggies have that. That is the reason you see the announcement 2 times a year, and I would think the two unions would share that information. The way management sees swaps is better to stay with the one you know than run the risk of getting a dud. Also if you have a good troop who wants to take a swap, it is a gamble on who you get; heck you already know they did not like where they were and probably were not doing a great job there! Maybe the union can build in a test drive period, let them TDY for a couple weeks, see how they handel things how they get along with others, kick the tires then let em swap!

Heck I think I just created a plan!!
      Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Meh.

If a guy is worth anything, eventually he'll get what he wants anyway. If OFO doesn't give it to him, he'll just up and leave for another agency. Which in turn forces his port to hire a new body, and since there's little meaningful culling of 'slugs' from this agency, during the probationary period or not, all that really means is that the port(and the agency) ends up losing 'good worker' and his replacement, good or slug, ends up being some GS-05 FNG who'll likely take 2-3 years to get up to something close to 'good worker' status, if ever.

Heck, if 'slugism' is such an issue, why aren't ports 'paying' their slugs to transfer?

"Hey Jimmy, we know that work here at LAX isn't all that you want it to be...how about we look into moving you to Whitlash, MT, Skagway, AK or any of the other out-of-the-way ports that bleed people and only look for bodies to fill scheduling slots?"

That's a step towards dealing with the 'slug' problem that puts slugs into the ports who are only interested in sticking warm bodies out on the line, and frees up 'good workers' to move into other, more productive positions/locations.

Yeah...I'm dreaming...but...

Comment

• Back in TSU after being pulled out for my poly. It took just a little over a month to reflect in CASS (with a new TSU date... which we all know that doesn't mean anything anymore). Just heads up for anyone else reading this that might be going through the poly now.

Comment

• Well, I am pretty bummed. I redid my credit form several months ago and have yet to get back into TSU on CASS. Then, last month, my drug test went back to pending.

THEN, yesterday, I got a brand new background package. I have to redo SF-86 and all of the little forms. It's been about a year exactly since my BI cleared in the first place. I haven't committed any heinous felonies or anything in the last year.

Yet one more hoop to jump through for a job that I may never get.

Comment

• I just check my CASS today and they referred me to schedule EOD... What you guys think that maybe CBP will start hiring this coming fiscal year?
              Forms: Completed
              Fitness: Completed
              Medical: Completed
              VBT: Completed
              Drug test: Completed
              Quals: Completed - GS-7
              Background Investigation: Completed
              TSU: August 7, 2009
              2nd TSU: August 31, 2010
              Referred to Schedule EOD: September 13, 2010
              EOD: ?
              FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LAX CBP View Post
                I just check my CASS today and they referred me to schedule EOD... What you guys think that maybe CBP will start hiring this coming fiscal year?
                For about the millionth time...no one knows for sure. Last fiscal year they hired a very small amount of CBPOs and only had a few academy class. This fiscal year may be different, it may not be. Apply to other jobs and live your life like you aren't waiting for CBP because you'll drive yourself crazy. No one here works at HQ and that's where all the decisions are made.

Comment

• This is what is says in cass. For me:

"Requirements Met 9/20/2010 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps."

At Least the Process is moving
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TO - 01/29/09
                  TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                  Expired 6/10/11
                  Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LAX CBP View Post
                    I just check my CASS today and they referred me to schedule EOD... What you guys think that maybe CBP will start hiring this coming fiscal year?
                    Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                    This is what is says in cass. For me:

"Requirements Met 9/20/2010 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps."

At Least the Process is moving
                    Why were you guys out of TSU? Did you have to do a new FCRA, SF-86, fingerprint cards and/or polygraph?
                    Thanks.

Comment

• I am trying to be optimistic with this process and hoping they are trying to clear those of us with expiring backgrounds for the southwest border in preparation for the new fiscal year.
                      In the meantime, I am in the best shape of my life. I found a Pre-BUDs workout routine from honorfirst.com. In nine weeks, I have gone from gasping for air after a 12 minute 1.5 mile to running 5 miles in less than 40 minutes. Just trying to make the most out of my time as I wait for the call.
                      Last edited by Thoughtless; 07-16-2011, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                        The Aggies have that. That is the reason you see the announcement 2 times a year, and I would think the two unions would share that information. The way management sees swaps is better to stay with the one you know than run the risk of getting a dud. Also if you have a good troop who wants to take a swap, it is a gamble on who you get; heck you already know they did not like where they were and probably were not doing a great job there! Maybe the union can build in a test drive period, let them TDY for a couple weeks, see how they handel things how they get along with others, kick the tires then let em swap!

Heck I think I just created a plan!!
                        The Aggies are represented by NTEU. There is only one union. The Aggies old contract is still in affect until a new contract is signed by both NTEU and Management. That is why you still see that announcement. That announcement will go away when all this contract stuff is settled.

FB

Comment

• TSU blah blah blah

Just checking in after a while... was in TSU since May of 2009. In May of 2010 I had to redo the credit stuff... seemed to have made it through as my CASS is back to normal referred to EOD again. However, in the last year and a half, I have never received any notice to take a polygraph like the most of you. Should I be worried? I see most everyone is scheduled to take a poly but I have had no request yet or nothing in the mail...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                            Why were you guys out of TSU? Did you have to do a new FCRA, SF-86, fingerprint cards and/or polygraph?
                            Thanks.
                            It was for the FCRA. Went back to complete in about a month.

No request yet for poly either..
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TO - 01/29/09
                            TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                            Expired 6/10/11
                            Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• UP^^^ I hate going to page 2.

Comment

• Page Two is stagnant .
                                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8442 users online. 459 members and 7983 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X