300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
    The Taj is great right now, the only thing is that they are converting the 3 taj buildings to double occupancy rooms =X To be honest im not sure if I could handle 16 weeks with another dude bunkin in the same room, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want this job I guess.
    SDSO is your POE going to be San Ysidro?

Comment

• hell yea! how bout u? What area did you put down?
      What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Now why can't you retest?
        I accept and am working....cbpo
        I apply again in 6 months to go through the whole process.
        They can't say your hired and can't take the test again.
        Now when they issue TO for the new test your name will be there..
        They may very well skip over your name because they can or want to but no-one can tell you, you can't take the test again.
        Difficult decision.
        I may be in that august class with you folks, i'll be the slow old guy in the back...

Comment

• eod to fletc

hey, can anybody let me know how much time you spend at your duty station before leaving for fletc? is it two weeks that begin on your eod date or all four weeks prior to being shipped out to fletc? thanks.

Comment

hell yea! how bout u? What area did you put down?
            Same area...c ya there!

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

violence rules the day
                You weren't in WV anytime recently were ya???

Comment

hell yea! how bout u? What area did you put down?
                  LOL. Going to skid row huh. have fun. A good chunk of my class went there. You'll see plently of action.
                  Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by VT04 View Post
                    I have my VBT in a couple hours - - any last minute words of wisdom?
                    Relax and breathe.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by emerlad View Post
                      Now why can't you retest?
                      I accept and am working....cbpo
                      I apply again in 6 months to go through the whole process.
                      They can't say your hired and can't take the test again.
                      Now when they issue TO for the new test your name will be there..
                      They may very well skip over your name because they can or want to but no-one can tell you, you can't take the test again.
                      Difficult decision.
                      I may be in that august class with you folks, i'll be the slow old guy in the back...
                      Sure, you can re-test. Whether or not it'll do you any good is the ???.

About 18-24 months ago, I spoke to a supervisor in MN about this very thing.
                      He told me that the field office had asked the hiring center to use any legitimate reason to deny TO's to anyone current employed as a CBPO.
                      Supposedly it was allowing too many folks a way out of too many 'hard to fill' spots.

What that means to everyone, I don't really know. My quess is that it might be possible to move from a 'sweet' location into a 'hard to fill' one by re-testing, but the chances of moving from a 'less desirable' gig are extremely remote.

Comment

• Any idea when the vacancy might open up again?

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                          Any idea when the vacancy might open up again?
                          06/30, so I've heard. I'd expect one soon, most probably before 07/06.

Comment

• Originally posted by antwatersx View Post
                            hey, can anybody let me know how much time you spend at your duty station before leaving for fletc? is it two weeks that begin on your eod date or all four weeks prior to being shipped out to fletc? thanks.
                            I would also like to know the answer to this question

And to add to it what do you do at your duty station before FLETC, i mean you arent trained at FLETC and in my case i wouldn't know any Spanish

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
                              I would also like to know the answer to this question

And to add to it what do you do at your duty station before FLETC, i mean you arent trained at FLETC and in my case i wouldn't know any Spanish
                              I just spoke with my cousin who works for DHS and she says that the first date that scheduling gives is the EOD. The second date is report date to FLETC. In my case I start July 7 at my POE and report to FLETC August 5. You work all the way at your POE until you leave for the academy. I don't know exactly what you do while waiting for FLETC. I'm assuming it's like an orientation on everything.

Comment

• You'll have to read some of the older posts, but some of the guys at FLETC right now got to go to the range while working at their port. From what previous posters have said, and it seems like the time before FLETC is supposed to be used to study, and to make sure you are comfortable with the job.
                                ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                                Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                                March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                                July 09 Oral Board
                                Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                                Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8346 users online. 288 members and 8058 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X