X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by oneshot777 View Post
      I got THE CALL today! Start July 7th @ my POE and get shipped out to FLETC Glynnco Aug 4th! woooohooooo!
      Congrats..What's your timeline?

Good Luck to you.

jrq16

Comment

• Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
        I received a NOPA for something I didn't even know was on my juvenile record.

I typed up a letter explaining all of the details of what happened, and am still waiting for the determination. It has been a couple of months but I am stil in CASS...

They just cleared my Quals as well which is kind of weird because I tested in September of 2007.

Will see what happens...

Man, I don't think I can take several more months of waiting. I guess I better write a convincing letter.
        ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
        Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
        March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
        July 09 Oral Board
        Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
        Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
          Why did it take so long for you? What was your holdup? Good Luck to you.

jrq16
          Well Im not sure but it took me a year to get the TO and that was in Feb of this year but the rest was actually really fast...

Comment

• Originally posted by C*LOS View Post
            Well Im not sure but it took me a year to get the TO and that was in Feb of this year but the rest was actually really fast...

Thanks for the reply.

jrq16

Comment

• received the forms from CBP, got it all done, sent them in and will kick back and wait for the BI.
              Last edited by Tarheel1; 06-21-2008, 08:55 PM.
              CBPO
              Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
              Med/Fit-completed 1/08
              Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
              Quals-completed 6/08
              BI-completed 8/08
              Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
              Start-10/14/08
              FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• The call

Thanks jrq16 and VT04

Timeline

Applied for CBPO 10/07
                Test 11/07
                Results 12/07
                TO 01/08
                Forms 02/08
                VBT 02/08
                Fitness 3/08...cleared 4/08
                Medical 3/08...cleared 6/08
                BI 3/08...cleared 4/08
                offer from sched unit...6/20/08

overall the process took about 7-8 months but it was really worth it...goodluck to all who is going for this position...NEVER give up and hang in there!

Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
                Congrats..What's your timeline?

Good Luck to you.

jrq16

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                  Long time no post or replies! But hey im here At FLETC busy training and learning everything I need to know so I can get back to my port wit a badge and gun! THanks for everyone who gave me advice in the past! Ill be done at the end of july! Woop WOop!

Mmmm chicken its whats for dinner........breakfast,lunch,brunch,snack, dessert! hahah those that are here or have been understand!
                  Tastes like chicken--yup. Just beware of when you are going to chow hall look around for the "aligator" at the pond and if there is a stray wild turkey near the rear doors leading to the parking lot....that will be lunch the next day. (16 yrs experience with 12 trips to FLETC)

Comment

• What is the current time needed to complete the 1.5 mile run for CBPO @ FLETC Glynnco?

Comment

• Hey Oneshott77 Its 16 minutes and 30 seconds to pass the 1 n half mile. Itll be extremely hot and humid when you get here, so start working out and getting into shape in San Diego before you make your trip out this way.

The food is free for us and it isnt that bad. I cant complain really. Unfortunately for you if you get to stay in the Taj Mahal buildings itll be 2 to a room when you are here, instead of 1 to a room like how I got it

Im in my nice a/c room watchin cable tv! fridge, microwave, sink, sofa, desk, coffee table, own bathroom. Really nice just far from everything.
                      What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• If you accept a location and take the job, work at location and want to leave the area can you retest and put down another geographic location and go through the process again while working at your current port?

Comment

• As I understand it, you have to be at your port for 2 years before you can ask for relocation to another port. The easiest way to go about it, is to have a body for body swap, basically looking for a person that wants to go to your port and you to theirs...(GOOD LUCK WITH THAT)... Once you are employed you can't re-apply for the same job just because you want a different port. If you want a different GEO location you need to do it before you get your TO, or if you already have it you need to decline it when there is an opening at the location you want and re-apply. That means that you will be taken off of the list of your current location (with a TO) to a new list where now you will have to wait for a new TO. Believe me I have run this through my head so many times already and even called to make the change twice, just to back out at the last minute, just cause I don't want to wait more time. So it would be up to you.... If you have all the time in the world then go ahead... I was in the 1st group that went through the "speedy" process in LA back in Sep 07, and I've been waiting on my BI to clear for 6 months already. They told us the process would take 6 months from test to hire (LMFAO)... Here I am still waiting.
                          Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
                          Last edited by yoda; 06-21-2008, 03:49 PM.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                            Hey Oneshott77 Its 16 minutes and 30 seconds to pass the 1 n half mile. Itll be extremely hot and humid when you get here, so start working out and getting into shape in San Diego before you make your trip out this way.

The food is free for us and it isnt that bad. I cant complain really. Unfortunately for you if you get to stay in the Taj Mahal buildings itll be 2 to a room when you are here, instead of 1 to a room like how I got it

Im in my nice a/c room watchin cable tv! fridge, microwave, sink, sofa, desk, coffee table, own bathroom. Really nice just far from everything.
                            Could you opt not to stay in the TAJ? Do they give you a choice of housing? Or they put you wherever they want?

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                              Could you opt not to stay in the TAJ? Do they give you a choice of housing? Or they put you wherever they want?
                              When you get to FLETC everything it's going to be set up for you. That is, where are you going to seat in class, dorms and mat rooms for PT. You will be notified when you get your ID at the main building outside the facility.
                              Let's say your class is of 48 students, they will have the same number of rooms available and as you check in, you'll get a room number.

Usually new CBPO's stay at the Taj.

Comment

• The Taj is great right now, the only thing is that they are converting the 3 taj buildings to double occupancy rooms =X To be honest im not sure if I could handle 16 weeks with another dude bunkin in the same room, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want this job I guess.
                                What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9406 users online. 421 members and 8985 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X