300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
    Where is my love? No, it's too late. Don't bother now. I see who the favorites are here.

Oh, I forgot to mention, my examiner said BP is looking to hire 2,000 agents. Is that even possible? Heck, I'm now taking the BPA test for the SW. Anyone else heard this or taking the SW test?
    I've heard 1,000, but it could be 2,000 for all I know. I took the BPA test for the San Diego Sector on Monday (Aug 16th) and got my NOR today. Pretty quick NOR, so I'm hoping they are serious about pushing people through for the SW border. I also scored a 92 without veteran's points so I am pretty happy about that.
    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but from the mouth of my Examiner, CBP has moved to 100% Poly's on all applicants. He said that the program was put in place in 2008 (for CBP) and that now, that everything is set, they moved to 100% of new applicants/new hires going through it.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but from the mouth of my Examiner, CBP has moved to 100% Poly's on all applicants. He said that the program was put in place in 2008 (for CBP) and that now, that everything is set, they moved to 100% of new applicants/new hires going through it.
        Just got an email about an hour after I got my NOR for the BPA test. It said the following:

"Before an entrance-on-duty date can be established, you will be required to satisfactorily complete a structured oral interview, medical exam including vision and hearing, fitness exam, drug test, background investigation, and a second physical fitness test (PFT2)."

It seems strange to me that, despite the fact they are instituting the polygraphing, they are not mentioning it in the hiring timeline. Unless they've lumped it in with "background investigation" or they've omitted it because they are performing them after EOD.
        Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 08-20-2010, 12:14 PM.
        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
          Where is my love? No, it's too late. Don't bother now. I see who the favorites are here.

Oh, I forgot to mention, my examiner said BP is looking to hire 2,000 agents. Is that even possible? Heck, I'm now taking the BPA test for the SW. Anyone else heard this or taking the SW test?
          congrats man! :P Yeah, I'm taking the BP test again on 9/3/2010, was scheduled to take it today, but rescheduled to get more studying done.
          CBP written test Miami, FL
          11/10/2007
          NOR letter 01/16/2008
          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
          9/4/2009
          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
          never got first)
          qualifications completed
          BI interview 9/30/2009
          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
          poly: Mar 2011
          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• You know what wouldn't be the worst idea? If, instead of putting us as "awaiting a scheduled EOD" on CASS, they listed each thing that needed to be done before EOD. They could set it up something like:
            -Tentative Offer
            -Initial Medical and Physical evaluation
            -Background Investigation
            -Polygraph
            -TSU Ready Pool
            -Pre-Fletc Evaluation
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• is buffalo ever going to hire???????

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                If spelling errors are any indication of that users intelligence in life, we're all screwed.
                The good news is that spelling is hardly an indication of intelligent life . LOL . That is why I have never been unemployed ever in adult life ! And I never spent over a year on an internet site begging for a job. So David work on the english major while I keep earning the $$$$$ . Without spell checker I am lost but imagine how hiigh I score on the rest of the test to beat out the likes of the english majors lol !

Comment

Last edited by imlikeaninja; 08-22-2010, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob View Post
                    . So David work on the english major while I keep earning the $$$$$ . Without spell checker I am lost but imagine how hiigh I score on the rest of the test to beat out the likes of the english majors lol !

Damn. Da-Jakel may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but he does, at times, have a point. He's out there somewhere doing "da job" in some capacity, and on occasion he has imparted information containing nuggets of truth. I think he's trying to help y'all (in his own convoluted way). If you can't handle his condescending approach, you're too thin skinned to be applying for this job.

If you get hired as a CBPO, you will encounter mom, dad, sis and bro coming to vacation in the USA. That's the easy part. You will also be dealing with assorted criminals, con-artists, dopers, thieves, rapists, child molesters, murderers, drug smugglers, ex-cons, and all other means of dirtbags and low-lifes. They will all be trying to get over on you. Focus on what's important here and ignore the rest. He may be getting under your skin, but if you can't take it from him, can you take it from the traveling public?
                    ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                      Damn. Da-Jakel may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but he does, at times, have a point. He's out there somewhere doing "da job" in some capacity, and on occasion he has imparted information containing nuggets of truth. I think he's trying to help y'all (in his own convoluted way). If you can't handle his condescending approach, you're too thin skinned to be applying for this job.

If you get hired as a CBPO, you will encounter mom, dad, sis and bro coming to vacation in the USA. That's the easy part. You will also be dealing with assorted criminals, con-artists, dopers, thieves, rapists, child molesters, murderers, drug smugglers, ex-cons, and all other means of dirtbags and low-lifes. They will all be trying to get over on you. Focus on what's important here and ignore the rest. He may be getting under your skin, but if you can't take it from him, can you take it from the traveling public?
                      That is a fine piece of advice right there. You wanna-be's should heed this.

Comment

• For those of you who have taken the Border Patrol Agent test, how did you do? I took it back in 2007 and though I had done well. I resubmited my application with my old test results and saw I had an 89% Should i retest and try to bring it up or is that pretty good?
                        TSU- 07/14/09
                        location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
                          For those of you who have taken the Border Patrol Agent test, how did you do? I took it back in 2007 and though I had done well. I resubmited my application with my old test results and saw I had an 89% Should i retest and try to bring it up or is that pretty good?
                          May be a better question in the Border Patrol thread.

Originally posted by cross.sandiego
                          One of the most solid pieces of commentary in this entire CBP thread. Cheers C.SD . (Ditto RoBean's comment)
                          Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Janet Napolitano will be on NPR (Diane Rehm show) this morning at 10am, topic of conversation will be the $600M bill passed to guard the SW border (beef up BP forces & security). Here's the online stream for the Miami broadcast:

http://live.friendsofwlrn.org/
                            CBP written test Miami, FL
                            11/10/2007
                            NOR letter 01/16/2008
                            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                            9/4/2009
                            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                            never got first)
                            qualifications completed
                            BI interview 9/30/2009
                            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                            poly: Mar 2011
                            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• I know this has been asked before and I apologize for the redundancy. I just don't have the stamina to go back and look through all the prior pages.

How much of our CBPO preemployment process is transferable to Border Patrol Agent?

Comment

• Medical and Background Investigation

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7805 users online. 194 members and 7611 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X