Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's awesome! Congratulations to you all.

Now, maybe I have been naive and lost focus somewhere in the communication within the last year or so but how long will a current CBPO that is eligable to retire need to wait/work before the GS-12 Journey up's their retirement? Any current CBPO's have any thoughts on this? Will this cause a large retirement boom or will guys want to work a few years at the new rate? Just curious. Poly tomorrow

Comment

• As soon as the person receives the GS-12 pay it increases their retirement. The longer they wait to retire (up to 3 years) the more it effects their retirement pay. The formula is based on the average of the highest three years pay.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• congrats Yoda...

Also i can't wait to get in to work to see that email about the 12's

Comment

• Back in TSU yesterday after about 4 months. Had to redo FCRA, SF86, Polygraph, and meet with another investigator. Took the BPA exam this morning and left feeling confident. I can't imagine not working for one or the other before this new BI expires. Keeping the faith.
          CBPO
          Written 08/08
          TO 02/09
          TSU 06/09
          BI Expired 04/10
          Polygraph 06/10--Passed
          Met with 2nd BI--07/10
          TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
          Written 08/10
          TO 09/10
          TSU 11/10
          THE CALL: 03/02/2011
          FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
            As soon as the person receives the GS-12 pay it increases their retirement. The longer they wait to retire (up to 3 years) the more it effects their retirement pay. The formula is based on the average of the highest three years pay.
            Do you think those who are eligible to retire will retire right away for wait around for another 3 years to get high top 3?
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TO - 01/29/09
            TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
            Expired 6/10/11
            Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• As far as how the 12's will affect people's retirement plans/choices..it'll all depend. Retirement is based on base salary + locality pay + up to(what is currently) 17.5K in OT pay.
              A newly minted, retirement oriented GS-12 who's not looking to pad his paycheck with OT shifts might well make less than what he did 5 years ago as an GS-11 working all the OT he could handle.

Plus, retirement isn't always about the most money. Lots of guys would rather go early and enjoy themselves, rather than stick around for what ultimately means an extra thousand or so in retirement per year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                Do you think those who are eligible to retire will retire right away for wait around for another 3 years to get high top 3?
                If I were in their shoes I'd be out the door as soon as I was eligible, but that is just me. The way I look at it I will be able to live the same lifestyle I currently do with the annuity from 20 years as a GS-11. Why stick around. If I retire I'll take about a 40k hit to earnings. That means I'll be working for about 40k, the rest is given to me as long as I keep changing O2 into CO2. I don't need the money and as our retirement is currently set up I'll be able to live very comfortably with just the annuity, that is not including my TSP or social security match. I can tell you to the month/number of paychecks until I retire. Not that I'm counting or anything.

No it's not because I don't like my job, it's just I'd rather be doing something else with my time than punching a time clock.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Totally agree with you..Dont think there will be to many people sticking around just for the GS-12 retirement.
                  And As Merlin Said, doesnt make much a differnce in retirement OT etc..
                  Hopefully there is a big hiring the next physical year..
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TO - 01/29/09
                  TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                  Expired 6/10/11
                  Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Just an update, I had my poly today. I passed it. The examiner was fair and did a great job. In fact, he was very professional and exemplified his agency as such. Hopefully I will be in TSU before I know it. Good luck to those who are taking their polys soon. Take care.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                      Just an update, I had my poly today. I passed it. The examiner was fair and did a great job. In fact, he was very professional and exemplified his agency as such. Hopefully I will be in TSU before I know it. Good luck to those who are taking their polys soon. Take care.
                      Jesus Christ... Everyone in Buffalo is passing left and right. Can I choose to retest there please? This is absurd how many people are failing elsewhere.
                      Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

Comment

• Originally posted by GeauxForthTiger View Post
                        Jesus Christ... Everyone in Buffalo is passing left and right. Can I choose to retest there please? This is absurd how many people are failing elsewhere.
                        Now now, let's be nice. I have taken a ton of polygraphs and never failed one My geographical area has nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                          Just an update, I had my poly today. I passed it. The examiner was fair and did a great job. In fact, he was very professional and exemplified his agency as such. Hopefully I will be in TSU before I know it. Good luck to those who are taking their polys soon. Take care.
                          I second this motion from my experience today as well... Of course I PASSED, so lets see how long it takes to finally clear my BI and place me into TSU!!!....
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Excellent man. Congrats
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              I just want to share with you what I have accomplished in the 3 years that I have been waiting for CBP...
                              congrats Yoda

Yeah, CBP hiring is proceeding with lightning speed at a snail's pace.
                              CBP written test Miami, FL
                              11/10/2007
                              NOR letter 01/16/2008
                              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                              9/4/2009
                              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                              never got first)
                              qualifications completed
                              BI interview 9/30/2009
                              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                              poly: Mar 2011
                              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Where is my love? No, it's too late. Don't bother now. I see who the favorites are here.

Oh, I forgot to mention, my examiner said BP is looking to hire 2,000 agents. Is that even possible? Heck, I'm now taking the BPA test for the SW. Anyone else heard this or taking the SW test?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12107 users online. 437 members and 11670 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X