300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
    I tested back in February of 2009 and got a 92, but have yet to hear anything :/
    What POE did you selected? Washington Northern Border or all others?
    TO: 4/09/09
    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• I'm going to a happy hour on Monday with some CBP big-wigs. Any messages you want me to deliver to them? Haha.
      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Khue, gsa85 and other WA people in waiting,

What POE did you select and when is YOUR TO?

I'm WA - All Others with a TO of 09/08. Anyone else with WA- All Others as their POE that want to share your TO date? Just for %$&ts and giggles...

Comment

• Originally posted by pendingville View Post
          Khue, gsa85 and other WA people in waiting,

What POE did you select and when is YOUR TO?

I'm WA - All Others with a TO of 09/08. Anyone else with WA- All Others as their POE that want to share your TO date? Just for %$&ts and giggles...
          Going to use my super investigative skills here for a moment:

Khue-since his sig says TO 4/09, I am going to venture a guess it is 4/09.

GSA-since he says he has not heard anything since testing, I am going to say he does not have a TO.
          CBPO East Texas
          TO: 3/3/09
          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
          TSU: 8/27/09
          FCRA: 05/19/10
          BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Maybe we'll get calls

Check this out ....read Obama's new bill he just passed

http://money.cnn.com/2010/08/13/news...security_bill/

Comment

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
              I tested back in February of 2009 and got a 92, but have yet to hear anything :/
              Brother, I tested in April of 2009 and haven't received squat either brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                Going to use my super investigative skills here for a moment:

Khue-since his sig says TO 4/09, I am going to venture a guess it is 4/09.

GSA-since he says he has not heard anything since testing, I am going to say he does not have a TO.
                I'm going to use my super investigative skills and say that usmc0844 has been a "device used to introduce a stream of water into the female body for hygienic reasons" for a long time... Notice my post says to WA State applicants, so you should have stopped there. It also says Port of entry location and TO date, which neither khue or gsa85 had both of.

Why start @#$&? If you're that bored, don't wait until this weekend, down some moonshine and slap your sister around now you toothless hick! WTF?
                Last edited by pendingville; 08-13-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• My preference was WA - All Other Locations (including Seattle). That was my big mistake there - I would settle for Bellingham just to be close to my family and friends.
                  BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• "Depends, lots of people, LOTS, moved to places (with family in tow) to take a position as a CBPO. If CBP continues to limit employees from lateral transfers and swaps (even though swaps are in the contract) then I believe you will continue to see people leave CBP for other organizations in order to be closer to home. Plus, plenty of people take the job thinking it is pretty hard core enforcement, which, well isn't accurate at many POEs. I know lots of people who left CBP for STL positions and some who just quit all together because of the lack of satisfaction with the position and CBP management.
                    hp1

THERE ARE A FEW REGULARS HERE MAYBE 5 OR 6 SUCH AS MERLIN WHO JUST DO NOT GET WHAT AN LEO JOB IS OR WHY A PERSON CHOOSES LAW ENFORCEMENT. TO MERLIN it is simply about the money and a customer service job. True he has admited to working in a Port that sees 25 cars a shift so it is an easy living. It is not like working a major land border or worse JFK,LAX etc. But at CBP best one must be delusional to think it is much law enforcement or that it provides any aspect of leo brotherhood. To a person who wants to work leo be it local/state/fed it is not about money but the job. Sure we want to earn a decent living but a few grand less not to be standing at a counter or in a lane saying welcome to us is worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob View Post
                      "Depends, lots of people, LOTS, moved to places (with family in tow) to take a position as a CBPO. If CBP continues to limit employees from lateral transfers and swaps (even though swaps are in the contract) then I believe you will continue to see people leave CBP for other organizations in order to be closer to home.
                      This is an issue with many if not most federal government jobs. I've met people who were long term FBI agents who left only because they hated where they were stationed and could not get a transfer. I've met BPA's, IEA's, USFS po-po, VA po-po, ICE agents, TSO's, the list goes on who had the same problem. Generally the theory of management in the federal government is the workers are expendable. That idea is not going to change until there are more jobs than people. If you follow any of the federal job threads, LEO jobs in particular, you will see the advice of get a job any where and transfer later, even if you have to change jobs. Many people see the job as working for the federal government not working for a specific agency. Unless something changes with our retirement system, that view of the job will never change.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Hey boys and girls. It’s been quite awhile since I've been on here and longer since I posted. I stopped checking the site daily after 6 months in TSU. I stopped altogether after about 10 months. I’m at exactly 13 months today. I am in TSU for Minneapolis but am getting restless. The only openings I have heard about for this airport have been filled internally by lateral transfers. This seems to be the trend for all Fed LEO spots here. I was working with the Assistant Federal Security Director of the Minneapolis FAMS and asked him if he thought they would be hiring anytime in the future. He actually laughed. He said in Minnesota they don’t bother posting jobs, they are all filled internally. What I am wondering is, with Obama’s new southern border bill signed, would it be worth switching my location to Southern California or do you think those spots already have too many folks in line? Is it worth losing my 13 months in TSU for Minneapolis? I’m also thinking of putting in for BPA for So Cal.

Also if I had a TO for BPA just over two years ago with a 98% on the test (no military) do I have to retest or can I use my old score. I really don’t want to have to do the artificial language test again. I had to turn the spot down for family reasons but would take it now.
                        TSU- 07/14/09
                        location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by Huntthejakel View Post
                          "Depends, lots of people, LOTS, moved to places (with family in tow) to take a position as a CBPO. If CBP continues to limit employees from lateral transfers and swaps (even though swaps are in the contract) then I believe you will continue to sfee people leave CBP for other organizations in order to be closer to home. Plus, plenty of people take the job thinking it is pretty hard core enforcement, which, well isn't accurate at many POEs. I know lots of people who left CBP for STL positions and some who just quit all together because of the lack of satisfaction with the position and CBP management.
                          hp1

THERE ARE A FEW REGULARS HERE MAYBE 5 OR 6 SUCH AS MERLIN WHO JUST DO NOT GET WHAT AN LEO JOB IS OR WHY A PERSON CHOOSES LAW ENFORCEMENT. TO MERLIN it is simply about the money and a customer service job. True he has admited to working in a Port that sees 25 cars a shift so it is an easy living. It is not like working a major land border or worse JFK,LAX etc. But at CBP best one must be delusional to think it is much law enforcement or that it provides any aspect of leo brotherhood. To a person who wants to work leo be it local/state/fed it is not about money but the job. Sure we want to earn a decent living but a few grand less not to be standing at a counter or in a lane saying welcome to us is worth it.
                          Fixed it for ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by pendingville View Post
                            I'm going to use my super investigative skills and say that usmc0844 has been a "device used to introduce a stream of water into the female body for hygienic reasons" for a long time... Notice my post says to WA State applicants, so you should have stopped there. It also says Port of entry location and TO date, which neither khue or gsa85 had both of.

Why start @#$&? If you're that bored, don't wait until this weekend, down some moonshine and slap your sister around now you toothless hick! WTF?

Little touchy there are we?
                            CBPO East Texas
                            TO: 3/3/09
                            Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                            Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                            Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                            VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                            Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                            Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                            BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                            TSU: 8/27/09
                            FCRA: 05/19/10
                            BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• I posted this link on the IEA thread but thought the links and language may be interesting to some of you, especially if you're waiting for the SWB.

Check out:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...:H.R.6080.enr:

If that doesn't work:
                              http://appropriations.house.gov/inde...=237&Itemid=12
                              Click "2010"
                              Scroll to "FY2010 Supplemental Emergency Border Security"
                              Go over to the last column "Public Law"
                              Click on "Signed by President"

It is a very quick read and is what the President signed yesterday.
                              Last edited by Bolts56; 08-14-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Hi everyone. I have applied for BPA and and taking the test at the end of this month. As I have been reading this thread and others, I come across a lot of abbreviations that I'm unfamiliar with. Could anyone help me out?

Some of them are TSU, TO, FAMS, etc.

If there is another thread for abbreviations, please let me know. I looked around and didn't find any.

Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10044 users online. 396 members and 9648 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X