Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring at this time is unfortunately at a crawl. HQ projects around 360 new hires (CBPO's) or so for next year. The way attrition and the economy has been going the process is slow. Although I can forecast that as the economy continues to get better and other agencies continue to hire that CBP is going to be caught with their pants down. There will be a mad rush for a lot of new hires and it will be a struggle for those who are still left in the position. CBP needs to be pushing harder for new hires in congress over the next year in order to avoid this.

SFO is a good port and once they start hiring it shouldn't be too tough to get there. Good luck

Comment

• http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...EU#post2407429

Setup for 500 more CBP Officers along the SW border. When? The magic question...
      Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO I View Post
        I'm not sure about ATF, but I'm guessing when you said you "paid" that you're talking paying for a plane ride back to a location to retake a test?
        No, I mean I paid a guy to put me on the box and give me the test. Considering The rest of the process is hard science and this portion is a bit less concrete, I think it would be fair to expect the applicants to have a second chance just like the rest of the process.
        Last edited by kc12; 08-09-2010, 07:55 PM.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO I View Post
          Hiring at this time is unfortunately at a crawl. HQ projects around 360 new hires (CBPO's) or so for next year. The way attrition and the economy has been going the process is slow. Although I can forecast that as the economy continues to get better and other agencies continue to hire that CBP is going to be caught with their pants down. There will be a mad rush for a lot of new hires and it will be a struggle for those who are still left in the position. CBP needs to be pushing harder for new hires in congress over the next year in order to avoid this.

SFO is a good port and once they start hiring it shouldn't be too tough to get there. Good luck

Have you heard anything about hiring in ST. Thomas, VI ?

Comment

• A majority of new hires will either be for Southern Border ports or major Northern Border ports such as Detroit and Buffalo, from what I hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
              Have you heard anything about hiring in ST. Thomas, VI ?
              No sorry. All they know is there are a limited number of spots for next year, nothing specific on locations. I know of an officer there that is looking for a transfer right now, so maybe they'll have a vacancy or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                A majority of new hires will either be for Southern Border ports or major Northern Border ports such as Detroit and Buffalo, from what I hear.

Does anyone know if Champlain is considered a major northern border, or know if they are understaffed?

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingny View Post
                  Does anyone know if Champlain is considered a major northern border, or know if they are understaffed?
                  Havent we all been here long enough to realize nobody knows anything about anything.

Comment

• Those of use who said the game was over, the ship had sailed, and that most of us in TSU would never see a firm offer were pretty close to the truth without actually knowing anything.

I'm going for my TSA airport assessment tomorrow. Is it awkward in any way? I'm going to wear a suit. I can't afford to take the job, but I need a career path and Insurance agents are about to become a relic of the past.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

A majority of new hires will either be for Southern Border ports or major Northern Border ports such as Detroit and Buffalo, from what I hear.
                      Great PL07; now there are a bunch of folks in New York and Michigan packing their bags for FLETC with October 1 circled in red on their calendar.

In other news, the House passed the Border Security Bill today, but now it has to go back to the Senate for final approval, even though the Senate passed it last Thursday...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/...rder.security/

Comment

• i thought CBP didnt give polys. is this a new thing? i have a handful of friends who work with CBP at the air and seaports and they didnt have to take any poly.

Comment

• Waitingny,
                          I think Champlain is the second largest in the North East next to Buffalo. I would assume that it's a major Norther Border land crossing but what do I know. I am like 99% sure they are not understaffed :/ Oh well, I guess I'll finish a second degree or take the job with BP in the Southwest!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                            Great PL07; now there are a bunch of folks in New York and Michigan packing their bags for FLETC with October 1 circled in red on their calendar.

In other news, the House passed the Border Security Bill today, but now it has to go back to the Senate for final approval, even though the Senate passed it last Thursday...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/...rder.security/
                            Thanks for the sarcastic comment. Good luck with that attitude. You won't last a second either at FLETC or even Pre Academy.

Comment

Thanks for the sarcastic comment. Good luck with that attitude. You won't last a second either at FLETC or even Pre Academy.
                              My apologies if my comment offended you, I assure you that was not my intent. Most of what we have heard is that hiring will be on the SWB, so when you mentioned that Detroit and Buffalo will potentially get new Officers, I'm sure a few ears perked up. My comment was not intended to be a shot across the bow. Sorry if you took it as such.

Comment

• Pretty sure its a newer policy, too many people slipping through the cracks

Originally posted by Miamicbpo View Post
                                i thought CBP didnt give polys. is this a new thing? i have a handful of friends who work with CBP at the air and seaports and they didnt have to take any poly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8884 users online. 296 members and 8588 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X