Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in TSU today on cass. Only took about 4 months for the credit update and whatever else they did.

So anyone worried about the credit recheck. Just sit back and relax.
    Geo: Illinois
    Test Score: 94
    Quals: GS-7
    T.O.: 8/7/2007
    Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• I got taken out of CASS for a couple months while the credit/FCRA forms updated.

I now have a new and much more recent TSU date. Does it matter or not? I went from 5/09 to 6/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
        I got taken out of CASS for a couple months while the credit/FCRA forms updated.

I now have a new and much more recent TSU date. Does it matter or not? I went from 5/09 to 6/10.
        No your tsu date no longer matters. They go by the date on which you were placed on a certificate. Which is right around the time you received your initial TO.

Comment

• Based on TO date not TSU date.

Comment

• How long before I get kicked out of TSU since I "failed" my polygraph? I called TSU yesterday and the lady told me everything still looked good and that they just aren't hiring at my location! It's been 3 weeks already! Let's see how long it takes! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
              How long before I get kicked out of TSU since I "failed" my polygraph? I called TSU yesterday and the lady told me everything still looked good and that they just aren't hiring at my location! It's been 3 weeks already! Let's see how long it takes! lol

Hey Zodiac76,

what the lady told me when I called is that they don’t know who gets polygraph and who doesn’t, that the only thing they know is if we pass or not, and that comes from IA, What the examiner told me after my test is that they send the results to IA quality control for a second review, and I guess after that they notify TSU, by the way have you heard anything about a second chance to take the test, or does anybody have gotten a second one????

Thanks

Comment

• Good news for some of you waiting for the southwest border. $29 million of that $600 million emergency spending bill is going to hire CBPOs. I think the classes are going to start back up very soon. The money is available until 9-30-2011, so these are 500 officers that were not planned for in other spending bills. One estimate puts the number of new CBPO's at approx. 500. The bill number is H.R. 5875.
                Last edited by kc12; 08-07-2010, 07:45 AM.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by sammax View Post
                  Hey Zodiac76,

what the lady told me when I called is that they don’t know who gets polygraph and who doesn’t, that the only thing they know is if we pass or not, and that comes from IA, What the examiner told me after my test is that they send the results to IA quality control for a second review, and I guess after that they notify TSU, by the way have you heard anything about a second chance to take the test, or does anybody have gotten a second one????

Thanks

Nope! I haven't heard from them since. That's why I called them. Has anyone else who "failed" heard back from them about a second test?

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                    Nope! I haven't heard from them since. That's why I called them. Has anyone else who "failed" heard back from them about a second test?
                    Hey,

i have that same question about a second chance, if there is any!!!!, can you applicants in this forum help us out by sharing if you have had a second chance to take another Poly, or if there has been anyone that EOD without having one???? thanks for the info....

Comment

• Originally posted by sammax View Post
                      Hey,

i have that same question about a second chance, if there is any!!!!, can you applicants in this forum help us out by sharing if you have had a second chance to take another Poly, or if there has been anyone that EOD without having one???? thanks for the info....
                      I don't know just yet how CBP is handling those that fail but in other LEO positions with polygraphs there are no second chances. Generally, once a polygrapher determines you used counter-measures, or were attempting to be deceitful they'll submit that up the chain of command. Then an independent agency will review the polygraph, or a senior polygrapher will review the charts. If they concur with the polygrapher's findings you will be removed from any further consideration. There usually is no recourse to retest, or argue their findings unless you can prove some type of unfair or inaccurate testing occurred. That's generally impossible with these pre-empployment tests because they give all the benefit of the doubt on their polygrapher. It's a f-ed up system if you ask me, but the way it works.

Comment

Last edited by hpy1; 02-06-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO I View Post
                          I don't know just yet how CBP is handling those that fail but in other LEO positions with polygraphs there are no second chances. Generally, once a polygrapher determines you used counter-measures, or were attempting to be deceitful they'll submit that up the chain of command. Then an independent agency will review the polygraph, or a senior polygrapher will review the charts. If they concur with the polygrapher's findings you will be removed from any further consideration. There usually is no recourse to retest, or argue their findings unless you can prove some type of unfair or inaccurate testing occurred. That's generally impossible with these pre-empployment tests because they give all the benefit of the doubt on their polygrapher. It's a f-ed up system if you ask me, but the way it works.
                          I disagree. I have failed poly's before and paid to retake a specific one that I passed.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I'm considering applying for active duty Airforce OCS.....what are the odds of EOD'ing within 4 years....do you think I would still be in TSU after all that time or will the call have came and went? Any takers?
                            Last edited by 1Lnation; 08-08-2010, 10:06 PM.
                            Test: November 2008
                            TO: 12/26/08
                            Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                            VBT 1/21/09-completed
                            Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                            Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                            Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                            BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                            TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                              I disagree. I have failed poly's before and paid to retake a specific one that I passed.
                              That's unusual but I know the FBI, DEA, DOS, and SS generally operate that way. SS advertises that they reserve the right to request a second polygraph if there is some uncertainty. From experience they will spend the time during the first polygraph to put you back on the box and try to hash out any reactions during that time instead of bringing you back.

I'm not sure about ATF, but I'm guessing when you said you "paid" that you're talking paying for a plane ride back to a location to retake a test?

Comment

• Im thinking of apply for active duty Airforce OCS.....What are the odds of EOD'ing within 4 years? Do you believe I would still be in TSU or will the call have came and went? Any Takers?

Also are there any others here who applied for SFO/Oakland Airport, if so how many do you think may be in line for TSU?
                                Last edited by 1Lnation; 08-08-2010, 10:10 PM.
                                Test: November 2008
                                TO: 12/26/08
                                Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                                VBT 1/21/09-completed
                                Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                                Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                                Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                                BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                                TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11375 users online. 388 members and 10987 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X