300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part 2
    There is no way you should allow the possibilty of a failed Poly to influence your attempt to leave or to better yourself.
    The folks here put way to much faith in what these Agencys communicate to each other. Or how they think of each other .
    I have seen people here apply to FAMS & BP and fail one or the other background [ I believe for no reason] and be hired the same week .
    When I left I was told by my Fed Agency that basically in these words we could not give a rats ____ about you failing or passing [twice] your CBP background or any other Federal . We do our own and make our own choices. The same can be said for applications . I have seen people put out a lot of applications and never get hired until one day they do. In fact hired for a job that they were less qualified for then the ones they were over qualified for and were turned down.

Comment

• Its been awhile since I posted. I guess I am posting on a good note! Got those wonderful FCRA forms today to fill out, maybe Ill skip down the hill to mail it off today! JK. Hope everyone is staying in shape. This is day 2 once again for exercise think I may run a marathon to keep me motivated. Get those forms in guys and gals! Peace!!!
      Test: November 2008
      TO: 12/26/08
      Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
      VBT 1/21/09-completed
      Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
      Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
      Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
      BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
      TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        Well I'm back from Training (OCS), and while there I received a message about having to do a ploy, three years into this process... So I'm scheduled right now to do it on the 19th of Aug!...

BTW
        I am now a 2nd LT in the Army National Guard!
        Congrats Yoda! Everything is going to work out for you!
        Test: November 2008
        TO: 12/26/08
        Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
        VBT 1/21/09-completed
        Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
        Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
        Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
        BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
        TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

Last edited by imlikeaninja; 08-04-2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• First post in months, mainly because I had nothing to add. Well I got my Credit recheck forms in April. Background pending since then. Well today, background went back to Green Check completed and now the Pre-Employment forms went back to pending lol. Guess they at least know I'm alive right? Coming up on 3 years since I first got the TO. What a ride it's been. Btw, my med/fit should expire soon too. Can't wait to step again...

Just thought I would share for anyone concerned about their Background taking forever to reclear.
            Geo: Illinois
            Test Score: 94
            Quals: GS-7
            T.O.: 8/7/2007
            Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• any one have any tips for the artificial language section of the test i took it 2 years ago and did not pass any help would be appreciated thanks all

Comment

• Originally posted by jrb518 View Post
                any one have any tips for the artificial language section of the test i took it 2 years ago and did not pass any help would be appreciated thanks all
                Wrong thread. CBPO has no artificial language test, that is for BP.
                Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

Comment

• Originally posted by woods1014 View Post
                  i have a question.. I am a current CBPO who will be off probation in less than a month. I am currently in the process for BP for obvious reasons. If for some reason i were to fail the poly for BP, do you think that will affect my job with CBP? Would they come after me or try and fire me? I know quite a bit about the poly and how i can ruin an absolutely perfect canidates dreams for no reason at all..
                  Hey,

I would not be surprised if that happens, as it did to someone on this forum, that was working already in DHS, he or she was threaten about current job with TSA in the Poly if I am not mistaken and remember well....

But let’s hope it doesn’t and you do well in the poly, and wish you all the best...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                    Hey all,

I've been in TSU for well over a year now. I've recently had to resubmit my credit papers and noticed they checked my credit just a few days ago (which is probably worse than it was some 2 years ago when I first applied). ANYWAY, I've been reading about how some people have "failed" the polygraphy... which ironically those results are never permitted in court... so how the fed gov can go by them is beyond me. I noticed how some people "failed" them because they were questioned about their foreign trips and/or because they live in close proximately to the border. It seems that if a person travels to Egypt to Indonesia or Mexico or wherever, they just automatically assume you're dealing drugs or something... and totally are turned off to the fact that some of us may actually enjoy international travel (which in a way is kinda what this job is about!!!!). In recent years, I have traveled to Peru (and elsewhere in South America) numerous times... sometimes 2-3 times in a year because I have many friends there and, simply, I really enjoy South America... beaches, everything is cheap, archeological ruins, food, culture, etc... and yes, drugs come from Peru, too... but, come one... am I basically dead in the water now that I've traveled? The fact that I've been wading through this process for close to 2 years... jumping over and through every hoop that comes my way... I think we all deserve better than this. Granted, I haven't had to take my poly yet... and have NOTHING to hide... hell, I've never even tried a cigarette in my entire life... I'll be very unhappy if the polygraph says I "lied" about anything.
                    Hey Gbeck422,

Good luck on your Poly as it seems its coming soon, since you had to re-submit the FCRA forms, I got my poly scheduled a couple of weeks after they pulled my credit, anyway don’t be surprised they do the same to you as to many of us.....hopefully not, but I am pretty sure you have read all the stories about the famous poly......

Comment

Well I'm back from Training (OCS), and while there I received a message about having to do a ploy, three years into this process... So I'm scheduled right now to do it on the 19th of Aug!...

BTW
                      Hey Yoda,

Good luck with the poly.....dont join the club......of applicants that have failed.....

Comment

Last edited by hpy1; 02-06-2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]6027[/ATTACH]
                          Pursuit Vehicle SD OFO- that's how we roll
                          I see those from time to time on I-95 going who knows where and also around Federal Highway close the Port off of 17th ST Causeway in Fort Lauderdale. Was going to take a pic with my phone but didn't have time to pull it out.

We also have the white Chevy SUVs down in these woods, and I think I also saw the Chevy HHR with the blue customs stripe and the green BP stripe (not on the same vehicle obviously).

I always think to myself, damn, that could be me driving.
                          CBP written test Miami, FL
                          11/10/2007
                          NOR letter 01/16/2008
                          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                          9/4/2009
                          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                          never got first)
                          qualifications completed
                          BI interview 9/30/2009
                          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                          poly: Mar 2011
                          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• So my FCRA cleared on the TSA's CASS equivalent site (Candidate Dashboard) already and it was started after the CBP one. For CBP, Cass still says:

" Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office."
                            CBP written test Miami, FL
                            11/10/2007
                            NOR letter 01/16/2008
                            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                            9/4/2009
                            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                            never got first)
                            qualifications completed
                            BI interview 9/30/2009
                            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                            poly: Mar 2011
                            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                              So my FCRA cleared on the TSA's CASS equivalent site (Candidate Dashboard) already and it was started after the CBP one. For CBP, Cass still says:

" Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office."
                              TSA's background is a joke compared with CBP. Don't worry too much about it, it'll only drive you nuts.
                              Geo: Illinois
                              Test Score: 94
                              Quals: GS-7
                              T.O.: 8/7/2007
                              Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

BTW
                                Damn Yoda, its been way to long for you.. hopefuly after the Poly you can get in...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7543 users online. 389 members and 7154 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X