Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd probably be a lifer. I wan't to move up the ranks into management. I don't care about pay either. I'm not going anywhere else without an engraved invitation.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

Last edited by PL07; 08-02-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• As an aside, I've met many of those 'young and in shape'ers who, after leaving CBP, decide 2-3 years later to come on back to the Agency.
        People , of whatever stripe, leave CBP for whatever reason(s). Many of them find out that the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. It all depends. That's pretty much true of life anywhere.

Comment

• Well I'm back from Training (OCS), and while there I received a message about having to do a ploy, three years into this process... So I'm scheduled right now to do it on the 19th of Aug!...

BTW
          I am now a 2nd LT in the Army National Guard!
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by prsungod View Post
            That is incorrect. The Employee Polygraph Protection Act forbids CBP from using a polygraph against current employees. While a polygraph may disqualify you from a position you are applying to, it can't be used against you on your current job as a CBPO. If you have any doubts you can contact your NTEU rep. (The informational poster with this info is usually displayed right next to the Fair Labor Practices poster, which u can usually find in the employee lounge, or supervisor's office)
            Just curious, what if you fail poly test of other agencies, say USSS, DEA, etc, will they notify your current employer such as CBP OFO? I thought polygraph was an application process where it needs to stay confidential on both sides, meaning that applicants can't reveal poly questions to other people, and likewise, the agency can't reveal poly results to applicant's current employer. Am I right????

Comment

• According to this article, it does affect your current employment to a certain degree.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Office.....-a0209125139
              TO: 4/09/09
              Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
              TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                Well I'm back from Training (OCS), and while there I received a message about having to do a ploy, three years into this process... So I'm scheduled right now to do it on the 19th of Aug!...

BTW

Look at this guy!! movement in your process???!!!! What the?! Congrats!
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

Comment

• Pursuit 2.jpg
                  Pursuit Vehicle SD OFO- that's how we roll
                  ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6027[/ATTACH]
                    Pursuit Vehicle SD OFO- that's how we roll
                    First they show San Ysidro on Cops last Saturday ( http://www.fox.com/watch/cops ) and now you're showing off the new toy? Cross, is SYS ever hiring again???

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      Well I'm back from Training (OCS), and while there I received a message about having to do a ploy, three years into this process... So I'm scheduled right now to do it on the 19th of Aug!...

BTW
                      CONGRATULATIONS 2nd Lt. Yoda! What did you branch?

Buena suerte on the poly...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                        CONGRATULATIONS 2nd Lt. Yoda! What did you branch?

Buena suerte on the poly...
                        Thanks!
                        They Branched me Transportation, but I'll be trying to get a waiver for a slot in Aviation...God willing!... I just hope the Poly is the last hurdle with this process...
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                          First they show San Ysidro on Cops last Saturday ( http://www.fox.com/watch/cops ) and now you're showing off the new toy? Cross, is SYS ever hiring again???

I have no doubt they will. Attrition is only temporarily abated. People leave and new people must replace them. It's kind of like a game of musical chairs. As other agencies start hiring, those looking to jump ship create slots for new guys. Others quit for varied reasons. In addition, there are lots of older guys leaning towards the exit. You know: retired E-7/E-8 types collecting their military pensions and now already have 15+ yrs as legacy I/C/CBP. And keep in mind that construction on the Skid Row expansion is underway which will fully double the size of what is said to be the busiest land border crossing in the world. Have patience young padawan.
                          ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• @ cross.sandiego's photo

Me like very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                              I have no doubt they will. Attrition is only temporarily abated. People leave and new people must replace them. It's kind of like a game of musical chairs. As other agencies start hiring, those looking to jump ship create slots for new guys. Others quit for varied reasons. In addition, there are lots of older guys leaning towards the exit. You know: retired E-7/E-8 types collecting their military pensions and now already have 15+ yrs as legacy I/C/CBP. And keep in mind that construction on the Skid Row expansion is underway which will fully double the size of what is said to be the busiest land border crossing in the world. Have patience young padawan.
                              Thanks for the info. I also saw that there is a private group that is building an airport terminal on the US side of the Border for Tijuana int'l airport and it will be connected by a 500-foot long border-crossing pedestrian bridge. Between the SYS expansion and potentially having CBPO's staff a new POE from TJ airport, it sounds like there will be some additional need for Officers.

For those interested in the TJ Airport terminal in the US:
                              http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...-diego-bridge/

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...kin02_ST_N.htm

From USA Today:

The State Department says Otay-Tijuana's facility would provide "a more convenient, cost-effective, reliable and secure crossing" of the border and eliminate "long and unpredictable border waits and congestion" without compromising security.

The facility would include the bridge, a 75,000 square-foot building and a parking garage. It would serve up to 17,000 travelers daily. The building would house U.S. Customs and Border Protection facilities, retail shops and offices.
                              Last edited by Bolts56; 08-03-2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by woods1014 View Post
                                i have a question.. I am a current CBPO who will be off probation in less than a month. I am currently in the process for BP for obvious reasons. If for some reason i were to fail the poly for BP, do you think that will affect my job with CBP? Would they come after me or try and fire me? I know quite a bit about the poly and how i can ruin an absolutely perfect canidates dreams for no reason at all..
                                LOL and what are the OBVIOUS REASONS as if we did not know !

Once off probation the chances of you losing your job are pretty slim unless you do something very stupid or criminal . And even then, many retain their job if they are career at that point.

The caveat is you lied on your original background and they now begin an investigation and find out .
                                It depends on the lie .
                                Even this may not cause a firing as Federal courts have ruled it depends on the lie . Example you claimed to have a 4 year degree , you were hired as a GS 5 been working for 5 years . As a CBPO hired as a 5 it was never a material fact for your hiring or grade and it has not gained you any promotion . As always the choir here will point out moral clauses etc. but keep in
                                mind CBP has a dismal record against the UNION and even worse against outside counsel.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10134 users online. 459 members and 9675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X