Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
    @ PL07

Come on, give him some hope to hold on to!!
    I’m in the BP process as well, let’s see what happens, does anyone know for a fact what transfers and what not from CBPO to BP, i know you have to take the test and sit in front a panel of BP agents but not sure about the rest.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
      Also, don't be surprised to find that Border Patrol is using polygraphs as well.

FB
      Yes,

It is stated on the announcement, there will be a polygraph

Comment

• Originally posted by sammax View Post
        I’m in the BP process as well, let’s see what happens, does anyone know for a fact what transfers and what not from CBPO to BP, i know you have to take the test and sit in front a panel of BP agents but not sure about the rest.....

I am in TSU for both positions, and here is what transferred for me:

-Medical
        -Drug Test
        -Background Investigation (note: I had to re-submit some information such as signature pages and disclosures, but the interview and interviews w/ co-workers, neighbors etc. was only done once)

I had to do a new:
        -Written
        -Oral Board
        -Fitness Test
        -Qualifications (I qualified the same, but BP did their own appraisal and required new forms)

This was my experience, but as you're aware your experience could vary. The BP is potentially accepting 100,000 applications under this announcement so they may not go across the hall to locate your file from CBP. Expect to redo everything and then you won't be disappointed when they ask... And good luck!

Comment

• Today is one year in TSU for me. I'm waiting for the San Diego area (San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, Tecate, San Diego Airport/Seaport).

If anyone is interested I had to resubmit an updated FCRA form, updated SF-86 (EQIP) and medical self certification a couple of months ago. My CASS Background has been pending for appx. two months. I haven't been contacted for a poly yet...

Well, at least FY2011 is only 61 days away, then they'll hire!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post

-Medical
            -Drug Test
            -Background Investigation (note: I had to re-submit some information such as signature pages and disclosures, but the interview and interviews w/ co-workers, neighbors etc. was only done once)

I had to do a new:
            -Written
            -Oral Board
            -Fitness Test
            -Qualifications (I qualified the same, but BP did their own appraisal and required new forms)

This was my experience, but as you're aware your experience could vary. The BP is potentially accepting 100,000 applications under this announcement so they may not go across the hall to locate your file from CBP. Expect to redo everything and then you won't be disappointed when they ask... And good luck!
            Hey Bolts56,

thanks for the very helpful info, and good luck to you too, specially with the poly if you ever have to take one...
            All the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post

-Medical
              -Drug Test

I had to do a new:
              -Written
              -Oral Board
              -Fitness Test

Thanks for the info.! I don't need "hope." If I get in then I get in...if not then too bad. I still have college and work to keep me busy. I'm not worried about another poloygraph test...in fact I would love to take another one just to prove that those last results were BS! As of right now I'm still in TSU on CASS for Customs and they took my score from the last time I passed the BP test. I'm hoping all that was listed above does transfer just to avoid the long wait. I wanted to be a CBP Officer more than anything else for the last 2 plus years and that was taken away from me on a BS test. So be it. Now I have to look at it as just another "bump" in the road. Everything happens for a reason and eventually I will be able to look back on all of this and laugh b/c I will understand why....I hope! haha Maybe I was always meant to be in BP! Only God knows... To eveyone else in the running stil, I wish you nothing but the best! I hope you get the career you want and help protect America!

Comment

• i have a question.. I am a current CBPO who will be off probation in less than a month. I am currently in the process for BP for obvious reasons. If for some reason i were to fail the poly for BP, do you think that will affect my job with CBP? Would they come after me or try and fire me? I know quite a bit about the poly and how i can ruin an absolutely perfect canidates dreams for no reason at all..

Comment

• OFO will be notified of the BP poly results if you were to fail. Whether or not they can fire you based off those results when you are off probation, I am not sure. That would be something to ask your Union Rep.

Comment

• Hey all,

I've been in TSU for well over a year now. I've recently had to resubmit my credit papers and noticed they checked my credit just a few days ago (which is probably worse than it was some 2 years ago when I first applied). ANYWAY, I've been reading about how some people have "failed" the polygraphy... which ironically those results are never permitted in court... so how the fed gov can go by them is beyond me. I noticed how some people "failed" them because they were questioned about their foreign trips and/or because they live in close proximately to the border. It seems that if a person travels to Egypt to Indonesia or Mexico or wherever, they just automatically assume you're dealing drugs or something... and totally are turned off to the fact that some of us may actually enjoy international travel (which in a way is kinda what this job is about!!!!). In recent years, I have traveled to Peru (and elsewhere in South America) numerous times... sometimes 2-3 times in a year because I have many friends there and, simply, I really enjoy South America... beaches, everything is cheap, archeological ruins, food, culture, etc... and yes, drugs come from Peru, too... but, come one... am I basically dead in the water now that I've traveled? The fact that I've been wading through this process for close to 2 years... jumping over and through every hoop that comes my way... I think we all deserve better than this. Granted, I haven't had to take my poly yet... and have NOTHING to hide... hell, I've never even tried a cigarette in my entire life... I'll be very unhappy if the polygraph says I "lied" about anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                      OFO will be notified of the BP poly results if you were to fail. Whether or not they can fire you based off those results when you are off probation, I am not sure. That would be something to ask your Union Rep.
                      thats just plain scary. Makes me not even want to bother taking it then. The hell with that

Comment

• Originally posted by woods1014 View Post
                        thats just plain scary. Makes me not even want to bother taking it then. The hell with that
                        Yeah, If you fail a poly most likely they will notify OFO. You may not loose your job, but chances are you will be investigated.
                        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                          Hey all,

I've been in TSU for well over a year now. I've recently had to resubmit my credit papers and noticed they checked my credit just a few days ago (which is probably worse than it was some 2 years ago when I first applied). ANYWAY, I've been reading about how some people have "failed" the polygraphy... which ironically those results are never permitted in court... so how the fed gov can go by them is beyond me. I noticed how some people "failed" them because they were questioned about their foreign trips and/or because they live in close proximately to the border. It seems that if a person travels to Egypt to Indonesia or Mexico or wherever, they just automatically assume you're dealing drugs or something... and totally are turned off to the fact that some of us may actually enjoy international travel (which in a way is kinda what this job is about!!!!). In recent years, I have traveled to Peru (and elsewhere in South America) numerous times... sometimes 2-3 times in a year because I have many friends there and, simply, I really enjoy South America... beaches, everything is cheap, archeological ruins, food, culture, etc... and yes, drugs come from Peru, too... but, come one... am I basically dead in the water now that I've traveled? The fact that I've been wading through this process for close to 2 years... jumping over and through every hoop that comes my way... I think we all deserve better than this. Granted, I haven't had to take my poly yet... and have NOTHING to hide... hell, I've never even tried a cigarette in my entire life... I'll be very unhappy if the polygraph says I "lied" about anything.

AMEN! I wish you the best of luck!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                            Yeah, If you fail a poly most likely they will notify OFO. You may not loose your job, but chances are you will be investigated.
                            That is incorrect. The Employee Polygraph Protection Act forbids CBP from using a polygraph against current employees. While a polygraph may disqualify you from a position you are applying to, it can't be used against you on your current job as a CBPO. If you have any doubts you can contact your NTEU rep. (The informational poster with this info is usually displayed right next to the Fair Labor Practices poster, which u can usually find in the employee lounge, or supervisor's office)
                            ICE 1811

Written Test: July/2009
                            SI/WS: Mar/2010
                            TSL: May 10/2010
                            T&S: Sept 24/2010
                            The Call: Oct 29/2010
                            EOD: Dec 5/2010
                            FLETC: Dec 13/2010

Comment

• Interesting. He should probably take the test now that he's off probation. He seems like he plans on moving around alot, it will be best to start the string of polygraph process now rather than later, as every LE agency seems to require them now.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

EOD: ???
                              FLETC: ???

Comment

• There are a few left that don't..ICE, USPP, VA, most of the 0083 gigs..if you want to get into the big ABC agencies like DEA, ATF, USSS, FBI you will be required to take a polygraph no matter what 100%. CBP still has a policy of random polygraph testing unlike many of these agencies. You will notice if you get on with CBP that many do not stay. Most CBPOs that are young and in shape usually use it as a stepping stone into other agencies.
                                Last edited by PL07; 08-02-2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11568 users online. 436 members and 11132 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X