300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    They're not removing people from TSU with the poly. They're removing those people from TSU that the poly finds that likely have/may have potential negative issues.

That's a big difference.

We can argue up and down as to whether the poly is an exceptionally good method of screening out 'bad applicants'. We can argue about the numbers of 'good people' the poly sweeps up along with the 'bad people'. We can argue many things, but it's pretty safe to say the the poly is employed to remove 'problems' from the applicant pool, and as such to avoid hiring them...not just to draw down overall TSU numbers.
    Hey Merlin I’ve seen that you have been very helpful as well as others in this forum, so my question to you is, do you think is fair for honest people to loose everything, all the effort and time put into this process on this test, and that all goes down the drain, I am pretty sure you will answer that is unfair, so my other question is what can we do??? because I don’t know if we are getting a second chance or not, I was told that the results were going to be sent to IA quality control and that they will let us know, but is there anyone in this forum that has received a second chance or is it just a way of sending us home with false hopes......

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
      Yes, I passed the polygraph test. To me, the polygraph vindicate me. My point is, it's very frustrating that you follow the rules and the laws and yet got turn down. I understand your plight. It is very frustrating.
      Yes, you got my point

Thanks Khue and believe me I am happy for you that you passed.

Comment

• These posts about polys are getting rediculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by pendingville View Post
          Here is a thought for you. Instead of accepting the fact that you've failed the polygraph and all of the effort you've put into becoming a CBPO has been wasted, why don't the people that have failed join up and have a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT??? Seriously, as stated above, if the courts won't accept them, why should CBP? When we applied I don't think it ever said anything about being polygraphed. (someone correct me if I'm wrong please) It doesn't seem right that they can change the rules when we've passed everything, some people from the same timeline have been accepted as CBPOs already without the poly, etc.
          First thing, you cannot just sue the Federal Government unless it says you can, it is called sovereign immunity. Second of all, you have no damage; you applied for a job and were NEVER Guaranteed you would get the job.

The federal law reguarding the use of polygraph tests have specific language about the use of the test in pre employment for federal positions of trust. They are allowed to be used as an investigative tool to ensure truthfulness of applicants and incumbunts.

As I have said before the polygraph is used as a tool to tell the investigators where to dig. From the posts here, some of the investigators are poking the shovels to see if they hit anything close to the surface. If they make you react then that is where the digging begins. If you go off like Mount St Helens then you are not the kind of person we are looking for because there are a lot of things that will make you mad about this job and we don't need hot heads.
          Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
            These posts about polys are getting rediculous.
            Hello,

Now, why do you say they are getting REDICULOUS?, have you had one already, or are you an officer who did not had to take one prior to get employed, you have to understand our position when it come to this issue, we are just posting our experiences, what’s wrong with that.....

Comment

• Considering, there are members of this forum posting threads about suing CBP, DHS, or the US Govt because they failed a polygraph whether or not they lied when they aren't even employed by CBP. Applicants have no rights and are not protected by any means. The use of polygraphs are becoming policy and if you want the job, you'll take one. If you don't agree with the use of polygraphs as a hiring tool, apply to another agency. There aren't many agencies out there who don't use them.

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                First thing, you cannot just sue the Federal Government unless it says you can, it is called sovereign immunity. Second of all, you have no damage; you applied for a job and were NEVER Guaranteed you would get the job.

The federal law reguarding the use of polygraph tests have specific language about the use of the test in pre employment for federal positions of trust. They are allowed to be used as an investigative tool to ensure truthfulness of applicants and incumbunts.

As I have said before the polygraph is used as a tool to tell the investigators where to dig. From the posts here, some of the investigators are poking the shovels to see if they hit anything close to the surface. If they make you react then that is where the digging begins. If you go off like Mount St Helens then you are not the kind of person we are looking for because there are a lot of things that will make you mad about this job and we don't need hot heads.
                Hello,

thats exactly how i think, it is a tool to find were to dig, not only to say you are reacting to a question, if they found something to dig about in a test, a poly should be followed by a more thorough BI to clear any doubts, but it is unfair to say sorry you did not pass because you react........

Comment

• I agree with the idea that a polygraph should not be the sole tool in determining whether or not an applicant is suitable to be a CBP Officer. BI's need to be more thorough.

Comment

• Editing........error
                    Last edited by sevokg; 04-25-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• I'm back from my two week (much needed) vacaton and I see that more people have "failed" the polygraph test. I just wanted to say that MY experience was pretty much the same as the other people that "failed" on here. I think he hit on the stuff with me b/c I live near the border and the fact that I had just come back from Cairo Egypt. It was drug smuggling/close association with illegals and terrorist training! It's beyond frustrating after over 2 years of wanting this career and just have it taken away. Well, I've decided to move on and I am now going to try and finish my last 2 years of school and get my Psychology degree and at the same time I've applied for BP again! I passed the test a few years ago but I wanted to be in Customs more. It's time to switch back! lol My question is do any of you think that the results ofthis polygraph will "follow" me into the BP hiring process?

Comment

• Information from your CBPO BI and Polygraph will be shared during your BI with BP if you make it that far into their process. The CBPO SF 86 will be reviewed and the polygraph results will be also be reviewed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                          I'm back from my two week (much needed) vacaton and I see that more people have "failed" the polygraph test. I just wanted to say that MY experience was pretty much the same as the other people that "failed" on here. I think he hit on the stuff with me b/c I live near the border and the fact that I had just come back from Cairo Egypt. It was drug smuggling/close association with illegals and terrorist training! It's beyond frustrating after over 2 years of wanting this career and just have it taken away. Well, I've decided to move on and I am now going to try and finish my last 2 years of school and get my Psychology degree and at the same time I've applied for BP again! I passed the test a few years ago but I wanted to be in Customs more. It's time to switch back! lol My question is do any of you think that the results ofthis polygraph will "follow" me into the BP hiring process?
                          Also, don't be surprised to find that Border Patrol is using polygraphs as well.

FB

Comment

• @ PL07

Come on, give him some hope to hold on to!!

Comment

• Just telling him the truth so he knows what will happen

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                                I'm back from my two week (much needed) vacaton and I see that more people have "failed" the polygraph test. I just wanted to say that MY experience was pretty much the same as the other people that "failed" on here. I think he hit on the stuff with me b/c I live near the border and the fact that I had just come back from Cairo Egypt. It was drug smuggling/close association with illegals and terrorist training! It's beyond frustrating after over 2 years of wanting this career and just have it taken away. Well, I've decided to move on and I am now going to try and finish my last 2 years of school and get my Psychology degree and at the same time I've applied for BP again! I passed the test a few years ago but I wanted to be in Customs more. It's time to switch back! lol My question is do any of you think that the results ofthis polygraph will "follow" me into the BP hiring process?
                                Hey Zodiac

Like I said on my first post, my test went similar as many of yours I also went to Thailand with mi GF and she had no visa to get in (also airline fault for not telling us) and long story short we could not get in so we were sent back and the examiner questioned me and asked me why we were there only one day because it was mentioned on my BI and I explained what happened and the examiner mentioned that it seem suspicious because lots of drugs come from that country.......and also I used to live near the border too and almost every weekend I was crossing into MX for fun or to visit family and/or friends so what’s wrong with that?, but of course according to examiner I could be doing something else...right....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6597 users online. 318 members and 6279 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X