Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like how they don't expect people looking for an investigative job in law enforcement to find out more about the polygraph. I refuse to look at ways to beat it, but I would like to know what the heck to look forward to.
    Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 07-27-2010, 02:02 PM.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Editing........error
      Last edited by sevokg; 04-25-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Editing........error
        Last edited by sevokg; 04-25-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Hello everyone. Just an update - passed the polygraph this afternoon in Buffalo... Good luck to everyone else - hopefully calls come out someday!
          CBPO - Buffalo-Niagara, NY
          T.O. - Dec 2008
          TSU - April 28, 2009

CBP Border Patrol Agent - Tucson, AZ Sector
          Exam - Aug 2009 (NB)
          Results - 88 - no Vet points

Switched to SB - 8/2010
          TO - 8/2010

Austin Police Department
          Applied - June 2010
          Exam - Aug 2010
          Physical - Aug 2010
          Oral - Aug 2010

Comment

• Good job cbp14051, I hope I get the same polygraph examiner that you got. I am reading some of these other stories and I am beginning to think there is some lifetime TV conspiracy going on, ha. I am not too worried about it. This will be my 5th or 6th polygraph and I have yet to fail one. LMK when you get a call or if you get any further updates.

Oh, and before I forget, did your CASS update already? Mine is still pending yet I got my equifax and it shows that U.S. Customs Service ran my credit check two months ago! Paper draggers!

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp14051 View Post
              Hello everyone. Just an update - passed the polygraph this afternoon in Buffalo... Good luck to everyone else - hopefully calls come out someday!
              Could you share your experience? what kind of questions were you asked and were they hard on you too?

Comment

• I have a great idea.......how about we poly ALL politicians. Let's see how fast these congressmen change their views on polygraphs if they had to go through them too. If the average honest American can't pass one, can you imagine the failure rates for our congressmen/president?!? It's easy for some congressmen to sit behind a desk and sign off on a bill requiring people to go through a test about as accurate as flipping a coin when they aren't subject to one. All the polygraph "experts" and polygraph manufacturers tell said congressmen how awesome these machines are knowing they can make big money.

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                  I have a great idea.......how about we poly ALL politicians. Let's see how fast these congressmen change their views on polygraphs if they had to go through them too. If the average honest American can't pass one, can you imagine the failure rates for our congressmen/president?!? It's easy for some congressmen to sit behind a desk and sign off on a bill requiring people to go through a test about as accurate as flipping a coin when they aren't subject to one. All the polygraph "experts" and polygraph manufacturers tell said congressmen how awesome these machines are knowing they can make big money.
                  Going through a polygraph has definitely made me against the idea of polygraphs ever being usable evidence in a court of law. A lot of it is actually opinion of the person conducting the test. Things they see as signs of "guilt" that can largely be contributed to being placed in a stressful situation in a chair staring at a wall and told to focus only on the questions but having to endure 2 minutes of downtime between each question where your mind has little choice but to wander or focus on how uncomfortable your body is feeling. Asking questions in a manner that you are unable to not doubt yourself for a moment. The whole process is quite ridiculous.
                  Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

Comment

• @ svokg...Yeah, well I was told the reason why I was lying is because I work for DHS already and everything is snowballing from here and crashing down on me, and they are going to find out that I either have been hiding a habbit or illegal activity! and that I know that this could cost me my job! LOL...give me a break....I told them I work for DHS and get drug tested all the time, so it's impossible..then he got upset and said "well your involved somehow and your not telling us something!" Then I was accused of maybe "pocketing" the stuff that I find at my job now..unbelievable! Anyway the agent kept telling me he is bias on the polygraph and it [email protected] TuffStuff, the first thing they did was asked me if I researched on the internet about poly exams, and if I knew anything about it..of course I said no, because I didn't look anything up at all...I wanted a "fresh" mind, and plus I had nothing to lie about, so I wan't worried... but even when I told him that I didn't know anything about the poly, he looked at me and questioned me again, like if I was lying about that! It didn't matter what I said he made me felt like a liar the min. I walked in the door...which made me nervous, and worried about everything from how to place my hands, or was I moving too much?, was I sweating?, are my eyes shifting when he talks to me?...I think it's all part of a "script" to get you to feel uncomfortable, and a liar, the minute you walk in...like svokg said...it's more like an interrogation than anything...there is no way to "prep" for this...actually the questions are not even bad, they are easy simple questions, like do you use drugs? have you ever been charged of a crime? ect.. it's when you take the poly, and when they believe you "react" to the simple question is when all hell breaks loose...what ever question you supposedly "react" to is when they go full force and use all the bad cop/good cop tatics to get you to confess to something you didn't do...that's where it all starts! So good luck to yall that haven't taken it yet, cause you'll need it, unless your in Buffllo NY because it seems that those guys are passing it? man lucky dogs! I'm interested to see how thier poly went and if they were interrogated? Maybe I was just unlucky, I don't know.. I guess I just have to sit here an wait to see what the "review panel" at Headquarters think...if there is even such a thing! since apparently the agent had already spoke to them and agreed I was lying...I think he was the one lying..LOL

Originally posted by sevokg View Post
                    I understand what you are going through young lady, as well as countless others. You are exactly right, the polygrapher is conducting the test based on a script, they are actors. They are trained interrogators, probably trained from the dept of defense polygraph institute or something. All will experience something in the line to as we did regardless of where they live in the country. I too will keep all posted, because they will review my application in a whole, the voice recordings of the poly, and the poly charts. I really hope I get cleared or get a second chance. Although TXGRL maybe since we already work for the Department of Homeland Security they will show mercy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
                      Yeah, well I was told the reason why I was lying is because I work for DHS already and everything is snowballing from here and crashing down on me, and they are going to find out that I either have been hiding a habbit or illegal activity! and that I know that this could cost me my job!..
                      Very odd, Stalin did the same thing to his top guys, accused them of being traitors to the State and got rid of them. Same thing happened to the top commie officials who were part of the state police in Hungary before 1989 (the AVH terrorized the citizens and made people disappear for decades, then its own top dogs turned against each other because nobody inside the party trusted each other). I'm sure similar things happened in the Securitate in Romania and the Gestapo in East Germany. More recently, Saddam did the same thing (getting rid of his opposition) before he was dethroned . I wonder if the poly could be a sign of similar things to come within DHS. That would be pretty bad. Since the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act, things have unfortunately already begun leaning towards the left. Not saying that the purpose of the poly is to figure out what current employees (or prospective ones) need to be tortured and then killed, but makes you wonder what the f is going on within DHS.

Just to clarify, in the aforementioned examples, polygraphs were not given, and I don't feel sorry one bit for any communist nor the fate that befell them (just retelling what happened during commie times in other countries). Just saying someone accusing you of an offense was enough to get you wacked.
                      Last edited by sandwichman; 07-28-2010, 04:19 PM.
                      CBP written test Miami, FL
                      11/10/2007
                      NOR letter 01/16/2008
                      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                      9/4/2009
                      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                      never got first)
                      qualifications completed
                      BI interview 9/30/2009
                      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                      poly: Mar 2011
                      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• sandwichman, what are you talking about? Are you a historian? Because your history is distorted. Were taking about CBPO and you ramble on about your mainstream distorted view of history. Stick to the CBPO topic.

Comment

• I was so confused after reading that, but soon realized that he had to be kidding. What a stretch.

Comment

• I got a call for a polygraph. It's in a few weeks. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I am not too worried... even after reading all the 'horror' stories. What is meant to be will be!

100th post! Do I win anything?

Comment

• Sorry about that, my last post was a bit scatterbrained. What TXGRL and a few others wrote about polygraphs sounds in a way like what high level communist officials did to each other to thin out their ranks. It doesn't make any sense to me that a current CBP officer (or someone already employed under DHS) would be asked to take a polygraph out of the blue, then after answering everything truthfully have either their reaction to certain questions or their responses get interpreted as being deceitful and as a result be deemed no longer worthy to be employed as a CBPO. I am assuming here that the point of the poly is to weed out people who fail it either based on their replies or whether their hands got sweaty after certain questions.

If you're already a CBPO and you have a good track record, follow the rules, have no questionable conduct, why be asked to take a poly?

From what I heard, in the State of Florida, polygraphs cannot be used as evidence in court because of their inaccuracy. Does Federal law dictate that polygraphs can be used to fire people from Federal employment?
                              Last edited by sandwichman; 07-28-2010, 06:50 PM.
                              CBP written test Miami, FL
                              11/10/2007
                              NOR letter 01/16/2008
                              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                              9/4/2009
                              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                              never got first)
                              qualifications completed
                              BI interview 9/30/2009
                              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                              poly: Mar 2011
                              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• I received a phone call from the Office of Internal Affairs regarding some statements I made in my BI interview in 2008. I had to send a few documents today and now CASS shows:

"Referred to Schedule EOD 7/26/2010 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. "

My turn to wait in TSU.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9919 users online. 507 members and 9412 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X