300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurryupandwait View Post
    For those of you that have taken a polygraph test, where you pulled from tsu to take the test? I was placed in tsu 04-29-09 then pulled a year later for updates, credit check, drivers license verification. Now i am back in tsu as of june 2010 without a request for a poly. Does this request come while in tsu or when your awaitng to enter into tsu when your background investigation is pending??
    Polygraph requests can happen at any point during the process whether your BI shows pending, you're in TSU, or even about to EOD. The only time you can not be requested for a polygraph is after you EOD and go to FLETC. Current employees can not be polygraphed without authorization from Congress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamicbpo View Post
      Hey everyone, got a question for any CBPO'S in the MIAMI area. i cleared my employment process and since feb of 2009 my file has been sent to the scheduling unit. does anyone have any idea when they will start hiring in the miami airport/seaport? i've been waiting over a year and would love to start working already. any info would be great. thanks
      So I've been told locally, maybe in 6 months. Nobody really knows but Guru people.
      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• So there's no money for us entry level folk, but there are two $119000+ a year jobs within CBP at Glynco (do a search for on usajobs.gov to find these). They close 7/27/2010:

7/27/2010 Executive Director, CBP Basic Training Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection US-GA-Glynco $119,554.00+

The President has challenged cabinet Secretaries and senior Federal agency heads to create a government that is more citizen centered, results oriented, and market based. To achieve this vision ... more

Vacancy Ann #:EXSER/10-029CBP
        Who May Apply:All groups of qualified individuals
        Pay Plan:ES-0340/00-00
        Appointment Term:Permanent
        Job Status:Full-Time
        Opening Date:06/29/2010
        Salary Range:From $119,554.00 to $179,700.00 USD per year

Expand

View Map Save job | More like this

7/27/2010 Executive Director, CBP Basic Training Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection US-GA-Glynco $119,554.00+

The President has challenged cabinet Secretaries and senior Federal agency heads to create a government that is more citizen centered, results oriented, and market based. To achieve this vision ... more

Vacancy Ann #:EXSER/10-030CBP
        Who May Apply:All groups of qualified individuals
        Pay Plan:ES-1896-1801/00-00
        Appointment Term:Permanent
        Job Status:Full-Time
        Opening Date:06/29/2010
        Salary Range:From $119,554.00 to $179,700.00 USD per year

Expand

View Map Save job | More like this
        CBP written test Miami, FL
        11/10/2007
        NOR letter 01/16/2008
        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
        9/4/2009
        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
        never got first)
        qualifications completed
        BI interview 9/30/2009
        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
        poly: Mar 2011
        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• That's actually a really good sign. It's the trickle down theory, in full effect. Lodge somebody into a high paying recruiter position, they'll work their arse off pulling in recruits so thier huge paycheck keeps rolling in.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
            That's actually a really good sign. It's the trickle down theory, in full effect. Lodge somebody into a high paying recruiter position, they'll work their arse off pulling in recruits so thier huge paycheck keeps rolling in.
            I hope so. All you guys in already, please apply for those posts to make room for us lackeys.
            CBP written test Miami, FL
            11/10/2007
            NOR letter 01/16/2008
            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
            9/4/2009
            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
            never got first)
            qualifications completed
            BI interview 9/30/2009
            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
            poly: Mar 2011
            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
              That's actually a really good sign. It's the trickle down theory, in full effect. Lodge somebody into a high paying recruiter position, they'll work their arse off pulling in recruits so thier huge paycheck keeps rolling in.
              Recruiter position?

Comment

• Or "position that relies on recruits for legitimacy" position.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

Comment

• I just noticed my background investigation says "pending" on CASS. I passed in my FCRA paperwork two weeks ago. Does this mean that it just hasn't processed yet or is it something else entirely?
                  "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                    I just noticed my background investigation says "pending" on CASS. I passed in my FCRA paperwork two weeks ago. Does this mean that it just hasn't processed yet or is it something else entirely?
                    Most likely, they will FedEx you the package and re-do everything. Including the E-Qip, fingerprints, the whole nine yards...Thats what I've gone through and few others on this thread.
                    TSU - 8/28/09
                    TO - 3/2009
                    On the job

Comment

• Or you'll be selected for a poly if you haven't been already.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                        Zodiac, wasn't your geo LB/LAX?

I've been in TSU since 5/12/09, though it now shows 6/22/10 after CASS opened back up for me when I had to send in my credit forms. It was "pending" for a couple months like a few others on here. It finally put me back in TSU with the new date.

I haven't heard anything about a polygraph though. I *should* pass, but you never know, judging by some responses in this thread. This is what makes me the most nervous, failing some silly thing like this months and months later.

I was up for L.A./Long Beach. I was never pulled from TSU. So far I haven't heard back from anyone about the BS test! Oh well...I still have I.C.E. and college to concentrate on. That's IF I hear from I.C.E. now! SHEESH!

Comment

• I changed my L.A./Long Beach location to the San Diego Sector when I got the chance two months ago. I should have originally applied there given that they hire more there than any others. I still have DEA, ICE and Border Patrol to wait for.

Comment

• Does anyone know when CBP will be hiring again?

Comment

• Hello all... It's been a while since I have posted, but I finally received a call from CBP. I am scheduled to take the infamous polygraph for Buffalo, NY next week... I have been in the process for over 2 years now, so maybe this is a sign something might happen in the near future... We shall see!
                              CBPO - Buffalo-Niagara, NY
                              T.O. - Dec 2008
                              TSU - April 28, 2009

CBP Border Patrol Agent - Tucson, AZ Sector
                              Exam - Aug 2009 (NB)
                              Results - 88 - no Vet points

Switched to SB - 8/2010
                              TO - 8/2010

Austin Police Department
                              Applied - June 2010
                              Exam - Aug 2010
                              Physical - Aug 2010
                              Oral - Aug 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by bozo View Post
                                Does anyone know when CBP will be hiring again?
                                Word is that they are to hire only for the Southwestern Border region. However, I would assume that they already have plenty of applicants waiting for that region. I tested in April of 2009 and have only received my passing results and nothing else. Be patient brother. Border Patrol just opened and are only hiring for the Southwestern Border region as well. You should give that a try.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11084 users online. 447 members and 10637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X