Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the VBT the other day, have my medical/fitness next week..

BTW--This may have already been answered but how quickly does a GS7 move up the 10 steps and eventually to a gs8,9,10 etc?

Anyone else applied for Atlanta?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureLE View Post
      Took the VBT the other day, have my medical/fitness next week..

BTW--This may have already been answered but how quickly does a GS7 move up the 10 steps and eventually to a gs 8,9,10 etc?

Anyone else applied for Atlanta?

Thanks
      In your case:

Year 1: 07/01
      Year 2: 09/01

Year 3: 11/01
      Year 4,5,6: 11/02-03-04
      Year 7,8: 11/05
      Year 9,10: 11/06
      Year 11,12: 11/07
      Year 13,14,15: 11/08
      Year 16/17/18: 11/09
      Year 19/until retirement:11/10

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        In your case:

Year 1: 07/01
        Year 2: 09/01

Year 3: 11/01
        Year 4,5,6: 11/02-03-04
        Year 7,8: 11/05
        Year 9,10: 11/06
        Year 11,12: 11/07
        Year 13,14,15: 11/08
        Year 16/17/18: 11/09
        Year 19/until retirement:11/10
        Hey thanks! That is actually pretty good money in a decent time frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureLE View Post
          Hey thanks! That is actually pretty good money in a decent time frame.

Check out:

http://www.opm.gov/oca/pay/html/wgifact.asp

and of course...the pay scale:

https://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/html/RUS.asp

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
              I can now officially change my signature. They FINALLY marked my background as completed. I also got a phone call from the MHC regarding my qualification paperwork. I believe I now have everything done. Not too bad, almost 18 months to the day from the date of application to completion of all assessments. Not fast but beats out 19 months right??? Now I play the waiting game for "The Call"...
              Keep your cell phone on and battery charged.
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                In my opinion, probably not.
                I'd save my money.

Are you/Do you know a DoD or ICE employee? They have free access to Rosetta Stone through work. I'd look into possibly sharing access with them.
                I actually don't know any DOD or ICE employees i wish i did. Thanks for the advice though. Roseta stone is 500 and i only want it if it will help me skip those two extra months at FLETC, which i don't think it will, it might help but i doubt it will teach me all i need to know to pass a spanish exam. Right now im learning towards no.

thanks again for the advice

Another question about the pay. GS-5 starts at 29,000 a year which translates to about 15-16 and hour not including OT. Thats kind of low, i could start at the local police departments for around 40-45........................ earlier posts said people that had been working 3+years were making above 70,000. So anyways for current or former CPBO what did you make in your first year. Again i know this will vary based on OT but i just want a general number that i will make total during the year
                Last edited by Goosell; 06-20-2008, 07:14 AM. Reason: more questions

Comment

• I have my VBT in a couple hours - - any last minute words of wisdom?

Comment

• Originally posted by VT04 View Post
                    I have my VBT in a couple hours - - any last minute words of wisdom?
                    DON'T CHOKE!

lol... I am teasing. Just relax you will do fine. Good Luck!

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• HA! Thanks guys. Pretty sure choking won't be on the table but I do like the tuxedo T-shirt. It says I'm formal, but I like to party - and isn't that what being a CBPO is all about?!

Comment

• Another question about the pay. GS-5 starts at 29,000 a year which translates to about 15-16 and hour not including OT. Thats kind of low, i could start at the local police departments for around 40-45........................ earlier posts said people that had been working 3+years were making above 70,000. So anyways for current or former CPBO what did you make in your first year. Again i know this will vary based on OT but i just want a general number that i will make total during the year

Don't forget to add in locality pay. That would increase the starting salary by some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
                            I actually don't know any DOD or ICE employees i wish i did. Thanks for the advice though. Roseta stone is 500 and i only want it if it will help me skip those two extra months at FLETC, which i don't think it will, it might help but i doubt it will teach me all i need to know to pass a spanish exam. Right now im learning towards no.

thanks again for the advice

Another question about the pay. GS-5 starts at 29,000 a year which translates to about 15-16 and hour not including OT. Thats kind of low, i could start at the local police departments for around 40-45........................ earlier posts said people that had been working 3+years were making above 70,000. So anyways for current or former CPBO what did you make in your first year. Again i know this will vary based on OT but i just want a general number that i will make total during the year
                            I made about 7.5K extra during my GS-05 year, in holiday pay, night diff., Sun. diff., and OT. I was at a small, insignificant outport in ND at the time. I'd find it hard to imagine a place where one could possibly learn less.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                              Your drug test can happen at any time. It'd be easy to beat it if you knew when it would happen.

The process is pretty random. I wouldn't worry too much if it doesn't match the order that's advertised.

As far as BI's go, the investigation doesn't take very long. Mine was done in February. What can take a long time is the "review" process. I just got a certified letter in the mail today saying that I am unsuitable for duty. Unless I can come up with a reasonable and convincing statement concerning the negative issue in my background, I won't be hired. I'd don't want to go into details so don't ask. The person I spoke with was in DC, so it seems like Minneapolis is basically the central location for all of your info. You have to be signed off by people in different offices, sometimes in different parts of the country.

On a side note, has anyone here gotten the unfit for duty letter? If so, were you able to convince them otherwise, or is it more of a formality?
                              I received a NOPA for something I didn't even know was on my juvenile record.

I typed up a letter explaining all of the details of what happened, and am still waiting for the determination. It has been a couple of months but I am stil in CASS...

They just cleared my Quals as well which is kind of weird because I tested in September of 2007.

Will see what happens...

Comment

• I got THE CALL today! Start July 7th @ my POE and get shipped out to FLETC Glynnco Aug 4th! woooohooooo!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8728 users online. 449 members and 8279 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X