300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBP Officer benefits.

Does anyone know if CBP Officers get tuition reimbursement if they want to go to college on their own time to earn their 4 year degree?
    If so, how much reimbursment can they get per year.
    What are the requirements to qualify for tuition reimbursement?
    My current employeer gives me 5K per year and I'm not so sure that that's something that I am going to want to give up.
    Just in case you were wondering, I don't have any military background.

Comment

• I got my score back from the recent testing(91). When I applied online for "numerous locations in NC" it did not have specific locations listed. Any idea where they are needed the most? I can only assume Charlotte Raleigh, and Greensboro airports.

Comment

• I got my results back from recent testing (76). Is this score good enough to get a call? Also, how many jobs are open in the New York area other than NYC.
        thanks

Comment

• How difficult is it to move from a CBP officer to a CBP marine interdiction officer?
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• It's like reapplying for a whole new job. CBP officers and all other cbp real LEO positions are completely different in training, retirement, and mandates. You could lateral better from 1811 agent to MIO much easier than from CBPO.

Comment

• CBP Test Scores

I recently got my test scores for the CBPO test I took last month, I was just wondering what the score was out of? Is the max score on the test a 100? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by willeck
                I recently got my test scores for the CBPO test I took last month, I was just wondering what the score was out of? Is the max score on the test a 100? Thanks

I don't know but I would love to find that out too. When I got my results back, I got an 88 and I was feeling pretty good about that because I was just "assuming" that it was out of 100. Not long ago I saw a post from a guy talking about how him and his friends all got 108,109, and 110's. They all had veteran preference though so I wonder if they just take your score and add points to that score for each year that one has served in the military.

Comment

• Originally posted by jth1999
                  I don't know but I would love to find that out too. When I got my results back, I got an 88 and I was feeling pretty good about that because I was just "assuming" that it was out of 100. Not long ago I saw a post from a guy talking about how him and his friends all got 108,109, and 110's. They all had veteran preference though so I wonder if they just take your score and add points to that score for each year that one has served in the military.
                  Veterans points don't work that way. Veterans points aren't accumulated by years in service though. If you are a veteran you get 5 additional points on your score, and if you are a veteran with a military related disability you get an extra 10 points on your score.
                  Last edited by willeck; 02-16-2007, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• How does this actually work...

Alright, this is my first posting anything here. I am a 23 year old college student in Denver and currently work for CIS as an IIO under the SCEP program. I recently took the CBPO test in DEN on 02/05 and received my score of 87. Decent, I guess. My main question is what are the specifics that anyone can add to the gerneric explanations that CBP gives you on the hiring process. Time seems relative to the location and need. What are some of your experiences. VBT, BI, Medical, etc. Also, I have a confidential, non-sensitive clearance with CIS...help any? I also want to know what my chances are with GEOs: Denver, Miami, and LA (Louisiana). I am quite excited to get started with all of it, but I hear that no TOs are offered until at least 3 months after the closing date (per CBP). Hope someone can answer at least a few of my questions....good luck to all.
                    Last edited by CISPOS; 02-19-2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CISPOS
                      Alright, this is my first posting anything here. I am a 23 year old college student in Denver and currently work for CIS as an IIO under the SCEP program. I recently took the CBPO test in DEN on 02/05 and received my score of 87. Decent, I guess. My main question is what are the specifics that anyone can add to the gerneric explanations that CBP gives you on the hiring process. Time seems relative to the location and need. What are some of your experiences. VBT, BI, Medical, etc. Also, I have a confidential, non-sensitive clearance with CIS...help any? I also want to know what my chances are with GEOs: Denver, Miami, and LA (Louisiana). I am quite excited to get started with all of it, but I hear that no TOs are offered until at least 3 months after the closing date (per CBP). Hope someone can answer at least a few of my questions....good luck to all.
                      Well as far as the hiring process goes, it seems once you get a TO, ten the ball starts rolling. I got myTO in december and my official app package on dec. 23rd. since then, ive done med, physical (same day), VBT (situational video that you interact with) and my drug test. I also, got notified that i am qualified for GS-5 Level, and have been going through my background. theyve sat down with me and have interviewed 3 of my friends so far. seems to be going well, hopefully i dont get snagged up on anything.
                      Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj
                        Well as far as the hiring process goes, it seems once you get a TO, ten the ball starts rolling. I got myTO in december and my official app package on dec. 23rd. since then, ive done med, physical (same day), VBT (situational video that you interact with) and my drug test. I also, got notified that i am qualified for GS-5 Level, and have been going through my background. theyve sat down with me and have interviewed 3 of my friends so far. seems to be going well, hopefully i dont get snagged up on anything.
                        Good Luck!

I got my TO the week before Christmas too.
                        You appear to be just a few steps ahead of me. I just found out today that I qualify for the GS-5 level as well. Other than the background check, CASS says that everything else is completed. I have not been contacted at all for any background check stuff yet though.

Comment

I got my TO the week before Christmas too.
                          You appear to be just a few steps ahead of me. I just found out today that I qualify for the GS-5 level as well. Other than the background check, CASS says that everything else is completed. I have not been contacted at all for any background check stuff yet though.

I just received my TO letter and the application package last week....do you know if the VBT & or anything in the process will be in my area or will i have to go back to the west coast? reason i ask is b/c i live in Atlanta.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamaicanLP
                            I just received my TO letter and the application package last week....do you know if the VBT & or anything in the process will be in my area or will i have to go back to the west coast? reason i ask is b/c i live in Atlanta.

where did you have to go to take the written test?
                            I can't imagine that they would send you to the west coast for the VBT. That would be CRAZY!
                            All of my pre-employment steps were in my local metro area.
                            If they try to send you back to the west cost, I would recommend calling the hiring center and asking if you can make different arrangements.

Comment

where did you have to go to take the written test?
                              I can't imagine that they would send you to the west coast for the VBT. That would be CRAZY!
                              All of my pre-employment steps were in my local metro area.
                              If they try to send you back to the west cost, I would recommend calling the hiring center and asking if you can make different arrangements.

At the time i took the pre-qualifying test ...i was notified that the only place available was Southwest Border.So i went there for my written.It wasnt to bad ....it was first time to the west coast....and i'm looking to get out of Georgia anyway......Thanks for your info.

Comment

• I took the test on 02/06/07 and received the test results a week later. I wonder when the TO's will be going out for the 2007 test takers. I got an 82, a little disappointing for me but i still have hope. Has anyone with this score or lower received a TO letter? My duty locations are Miami, and any other loc in Florida.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8382 users online. 361 members and 8021 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X