Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unreal. This is just an expensive TSU purge.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Zodiac, wasn't your geo LB/LAX?

I've been in TSU since 5/12/09, though it now shows 6/22/10 after CASS opened back up for me when I had to send in my credit forms. It was "pending" for a couple months like a few others on here. It finally put me back in TSU with the new date.

I haven't heard anything about a polygraph though. I *should* pass, but you never know, judging by some responses in this thread. This is what makes me the most nervous, failing some silly thing like this months and months later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teppo Oni View Post
        has anyone been hired since may 2009?
        if so what location?
        Yes. I started in June of last year.

Comment

• I had my medical with DEA yesterday morning at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Made really good conversation with a very nice lady nurse. She asked me if I was in the process with any other agencies I replied that I was with ICE-IEA and CBPO. She indicated to me that ICE went over their budget and that CBPO had been allocated funds to hire but only for the Southwestern Border Region. Not sure how accurate her information is, but the office was in the Federal Building in Santa Ana, California and she did seem to know a little about the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
            I had my medical with DEA yesterday morning at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Made really good conversation with a very nice lady nurse. She asked me if I was in the process with any other agencies I replied that I was with ICE-IEA and CBPO. She indicated to me that ICE went over their budget and that CBPO had been allocated funds to hire but only for the Southwestern Border Region. Not sure how accurate her information is, but the office was in the Federal Building in Santa Ana, California and she did seem to know a little about the process.
            She is spot on with what the NTE Union reported from the legislative branch. The full content of the action was listed on page 840
            • $136 million to maintain current staffing levels at Customs and Border Protection and to add 500 more officers along the southwest border
            Last edited by Sytes; 07-14-2010, 03:39 AM.
            Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teppo Oni View Post
              is age cutoff is 37 before you get the TO

if you 36 and get your TO your in

but i have a friend thats in his 60s he went to cbp in late 08
              vietnam vet in better shape thans guys half his age but his paper work was in before the retirement change -- 20 years age 50min 57max
              Vets have status that exempts them from the 57 max year requirement
              Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• So.. given the updated geo codes from CBP, are they only considering SW border applicants, namely those with geo code 1502?

1502-California-Southwest Border (includes but not limited to Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, and Tecate)

1601-California-San Francisco/ Oakland (includes but not limited to Oakland , San Francisco , and Sacramento )

1001- California -Los Angeles/Long Beach (includes but not limited to Long Beach , Los Angeles and San Bernadino)

1501-California-Calexico and Andrade
                Timelines:

CBPO
                App: 2/12/09
                Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                Written: 2/20/09
                NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                App: 5/5/09
                Geo: San Diego
                Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                NOR: 7/20/09
                Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                TO: 10/6/09
                Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                App: 8/17/10
                Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Originally posted by DCH View Post
                  So.. given the updated geo codes from CBP, are they only considering SW border applicants, namely those with geo code 1502?

1502-California-Southwest Border (includes but not limited to Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, and Tecate)

1601-California-San Francisco/ Oakland (includes but not limited to Oakland , San Francisco , and Sacramento )

1001- California -Los Angeles/Long Beach (includes but not limited to Long Beach , Los Angeles and San Bernadino)

1501-California-Calexico and Andrade
                  SWB in CBP's terms normally means land borders in NM, AZ, and CA (at least at my port). If TX is included the term becomes the southern border.
                  Last edited by kc12; 07-14-2010, 08:46 AM.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Some of you had expressed interest in the Border Patrol.. The position opened today on USA Jobs.

Your CBPO background investigation, medical exam, and drug test should transfer over. You will need to do a new written test, oral interview and physical fitness test.

Best of luck...

Comment

• Hey everyone, got a question for any CBPO'S in the MIAMI area. i cleared my employment process and since feb of 2009 my file has been sent to the scheduling unit. does anyone have any idea when they will start hiring in the miami airport/seaport? i've been waiting over a year and would love to start working already. any info would be great. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                        Some of you had expressed interest in the Border Patrol.. The position opened today on USA Jobs.

Your CBPO background investigation, medical exam, and drug test should transfer over. You will need to do a new written test, oral interview and physical fitness test.

Best of luck...
                        when it comes to the new written test, if you were to score either higher or lower than the written test with cbp, is the score replaced or will a new one be created for bp?
                        "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                        TEST - 03/02/09
                        NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                        TO - 04/06/09
                        FORMS - 04/21/09
                        MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                        DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                        QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                        VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                        BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                        TSU - 08/14/09
                        The "Call" - 01/14/11
                        EOD - 02/07/11
                        FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                        TEST - 12/13/10
                        NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• The CBPO and BPA tests are completely different. Whatever you scored on the CBPO test will not count towards the BPA process. When you take the BPA exam, that score will only count towards your BPA process. Test scores on the two exams will be seperate as the BPA test is much harder with a Artificial Language/Spanish section.

Comment

• For those of you that have taken a polygraph test, where you pulled from tsu to take the test? I was placed in tsu 04-29-09 then pulled a year later for updates, credit check, drivers license verification. Now i am back in tsu as of june 2010 without a request for a poly. Does this request come while in tsu or when your awaitng to enter into tsu when your background investigation is pending??

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                              The CBPO and BPA tests are completely different. Whatever you scored on the CBPO test will not count towards the BPA process. When you take the BPA exam, that score will only count towards your BPA process. Test scores on the two exams will be seperate as the BPA test is much harder with a Artificial Language/Spanish section.
                              If I recall correctly, the CBPO test has math, the BPA test doesn't and the BPA test has Spanish or artificial language portion, the CBPO test doesn't. I agree - I thought the CBPO test was MUCH easier, but for someone with poor math skills but fluency in Spanish, the BPA test might be easier.

For those of you wanting to apply, do so ASAP, as they will give consideration to those who apply by July 30. They are also capping it at 100,000 applicants, which seems like a lot, but really isn't in this economy for a job that will get you close to $100k with a high-school education.

*** For those of you at/over 37 years old, the Border Patrol has an age limit of 40 years old, so that might be attractive as well.

This is a CBPO thread, and I felt bad hijacking it with this information, but a lot of you may be interested. If so, please see the Border Patrol Agent thread here at Officer.com, which is frequented by several Agents, and also visit www.honorfirst.com to see a TON of information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurryupandwait View Post
                                Does this request come while in tsu or when your awaitng to enter into tsu when your background investigation is pending??
                                Well, based on some experiences posted on www.honorfirst.com, there have been a few people who have been offered a position, passed the Physical Fitness Test 2, and THEN been polygraphed. A few have been told that they have failed the polygraph and have had their job offer rescinded. Once again, this is for Border Patrol, but I imagine that the same could happen to CBPO hopefuls once offers start rolling out.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...es?msg=47552.1
                                http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...es?msg=47564.1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5893 users online. 336 members and 5557 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X