Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all those with recent questions about when the BI expires, how long its good for, etc..

Just got my email from DHS, with the FCRA act form here's what the explanation doc says:

"WHY ARE WE SENDING YOU THIS LETTER?
    This letter is to update you on the status of your tentative selection for the position of Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO), with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). We are requesting some additional/updated document(s) from you.

The initial clear for the background investigation (BI) is valid for one year, after which a credit check is required. If the credit check is approved, the BI is valid for an additional year. The Central Applicant Self-Service (CASS) website shows that your BI is no longer cleared for this reason. In order for Internal Affairs (IA) to process the credit check, and updated copy of your Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) form is required. Once we have received the completed FCRA form, we will refer it to IA for further processing and the changes will be reflected on the CASS website."

I highlighted the pertinent text in red, its pretty self-explanatory.
    CBP written test Miami, FL
    11/10/2007
    NOR letter 01/16/2008
    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
    9/4/2009
    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
    never got first)
    qualifications completed
    BI interview 9/30/2009
    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
    poly: Mar 2011
    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
      The initial clear for the background investigation (BI) is valid for one year, after which a credit check is required. If the credit check is approved, the BI is valid for an additional year.
      Seems simple except for that fact that when you return your FCRA form, you are going to receive a whole other packet of papers including another FCRA and all of the other pertinent BI paperwork. The BI renewal is not solely based on the credit check.
      CBPO East Texas
      TO: 3/3/09
      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
      TSU: 8/27/09
      FCRA: 05/19/10
      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
        Seems simple except for that fact that when you return your FCRA form, you are going to receive a whole other packet of papers including another FCRA and all of the other pertinent BI paperwork. The BI renewal is not solely based on the credit check.
        That's all it was for me and many others after the first year. I expect more once I reach my second year in TSU.
        Last edited by anydaynow; 07-09-2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• A couple from my port leave this week for FLETC...

Comment

• Heard that there was going to be a new announcement coming out in July.

Comment

• Yeah one for OFO and one for BP supposively in a week to a week and a half

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                Yeah one for OFO and one for BP supposively in a week to a week and a half
                If this is true then I will be applying for BP as well. I think it's just another written and oral board; everything else carries over from CBPO?
                CBPO
                Written 08/08
                TO 02/09
                TSU 06/09
                BI Expired 04/10
                Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                Written 08/10
                TO 09/10
                TSU 11/10
                THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• The more I wait for this job the more kean I am becoming on Border Patrol. Anyone know if there is some kind of list you can get put on that will alert you when there is an announcement for a particular region?
                  "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• It is one of the options on USAJOBS. Or at least it was at one time.
                    Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• I think they just alert you to the announcement, not by region, but I'm not totally sure about that.
                      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Word on the BP board is that they are looking to put 1000 new agents in the Tuscon sector by year end or there about. That does not mean much if we apply under the next announcement, but it will take a big chunk out of the BP TSU backlog and might mean you are that much closer, because I don't forsee that kind of movement on the CBPO side of the house.
                        CBPO East Texas
                        TO: 3/3/09
                        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                        TSU: 8/27/09
                        FCRA: 05/19/10
                        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          My background finally went back into green-checkville. Now I just need to wait for the polygraph, the new physical an then next years re-do of all of my credit, background and med/phys information. Hopefully by 06/12 the economy will be showing signs of positive movement and I will only be a few years of re-do's away from a firm employment offer. My window for emplyment is 2015. I'm in my late 20's and I am actually worried about my law enforcement career. I hope I can get hired before I'm 35.
                          is age cutoff is 37 before you get the TO

if you 36 and get your TO your in

but i have a friend thats in his 60s he went to cbp in late 08
                          vietnam vet in better shape thans guys half his age but his paper work was in before the retirement change -- 20 years age 50min 57max
                          CBPO:
                          WRITTEN: 7/08 Miami
                          NOR: 8/10/08 - 92 GS7
                          T.O.: 2/09
                          GEO - Miami Florida -i hope i can get Ft Lauderdale
                          Pre-employment forms - 2/09 completed
                          Quals - Completed 6/19/09 GS7
                          VBT - 3/24/09 Passed 5/09
                          Medical - 2/09 completed
                          Drug Screen - 2/09 completed
                          Fitness - 2/09 completed
                          BI - Met w. Investigator 4/15/09
                          TSU- 6/24/2009
                          EOD- ??? wish they would call
                          update credit check 4/10
                          new TSU date on CASS 5/21/2010

Comment

• has anyone been hired since may 2009?
                            if so what location?
                            CBPO:
                            WRITTEN: 7/08 Miami
                            NOR: 8/10/08 - 92 GS7
                            T.O.: 2/09
                            GEO - Miami Florida -i hope i can get Ft Lauderdale
                            Pre-employment forms - 2/09 completed
                            Quals - Completed 6/19/09 GS7
                            VBT - 3/24/09 Passed 5/09
                            Medical - 2/09 completed
                            Drug Screen - 2/09 completed
                            Fitness - 2/09 completed
                            BI - Met w. Investigator 4/15/09
                            TSU- 6/24/2009
                            EOD- ??? wish they would call
                            update credit check 4/10
                            new TSU date on CASS 5/21/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Teppo Oni View Post
                              has anyone been hired since may 2009?
                              if so what location?
                              Yes there has been hiring. Most of the hiring has been for the SWB, but there has been other people hired for various ports around the US.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
                                Well bad news folks--- for me that is. Im am dissapointed and disguested with polygraphs, yep, you guessed it, i failed this one. I have taken polygraphs before and passed others, this one i failed. I told them absolutely everything honestly and truthfully and after the test the agent sat and asked me "is there anything your worried about" I told him "if i was trying to keep something from him or the test i would have come out and say it- id rather tell the truth the whole truth rather than set myself up for failure" I cannot understand why an honest person would fail this test, i feel like a freakin machine is trying to say something different than what my brain says. It just goes to show that these are the reasons polys arent admissable in court. Anyone can pass and or fail one. The agent said he was gonna find out what to do next, and asked if there was any reason why i wouldnt take one again, i said i will and would take another if they wanted to give me one again. Like i said before i have taken some before and have passed with flying colors, i dont understand why i could have failed this one-- it was either the nerves that got the best of me driving there, or just the fact that i wanted the job so bad i completely got nervous on this test. Anyway, i will keep yall posted if anything changes, chances are im done. Oh well maybe it was meant to be.

Well another spot opened up yesterday! I failed the polygraph test too! According to the machine I lied when I said"no" to some of the national security questions! Terrorist training, know people in foriegn gov"ts, and illegal friends or drug cartel friend. What a bunh of BS! That lie detector isn't woth crap! Just my opinion! 2 years and 4 months down the drain...unless they "decide to test me again." I guess I'll do it if they decide to! Good luck to the rest of you!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8594 users online. 488 members and 8106 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X