• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double post, sorry
    Last edited by TX54; 07-01-2010, 12:47 PM. Reason: double post
    TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Just spoke to my friend who works the tunnel in Detroit. asked me if I got the call yet because they just recieved a new hire who just got back from FLECTA. It was a guy who got injured down there or something he told me.

Paul

Comment

• I'm trying to resist the temptation to read about polygraphs before I inevitably have one.

In other news;

American import values are almost back at their 2006 levels and could return to their 2007 levels over the next year.
        Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 07-01-2010, 07:50 PM.
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
          I'm trying to resist the temptation to read about polygraphs before I inevitably have one.
          I just had my first poly today for Secret Service Uniformed Division. It really is the most uncomfortable day of your life. But it's true what people say - go in there confidently and TELL THE TRUTH. You aren't going to tell them anything they haven't heard. Get a good night's sleep and eat a big breakfast. No caffiene.

I walked away feeling pretty at-peace with the whole thing. I'll let you guys know if I passed. I don't see why I wouldnt because I really put everything under the sun out there for my polygrapher. Haha.
          Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 07-01-2010, 10:33 PM.
          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
            I take it your heading to houston?, we both are probably gonna be in the same building, and probably spoke to the same person. Ha!! Interesting. Whats your geo location? Mines E. Texas. As far as the poly goes, its probably a good idea to - remain (naive) to the testing or try not to worry about what they will ask you, but what i can tell you is, just be completely honest and dont worry about what they will and will not ask you, thats the main advice i can tell you on how to handle these things.
            Actually I'm going to do mine in McAllen. It's only a 30 minute drive from where I live. My geo location is L.A./Long Beach.I'll take your advice and go in there blind! lol Thanks!
            Last edited by ZODIAC76; 07-01-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• My background finally went back into green-checkville. Now I just need to wait for the polygraph, the new physical an then next years re-do of all of my credit, background and med/phys information. Hopefully by 06/12 the economy will be showing signs of positive movement and I will only be a few years of re-do's away from a firm employment offer. My window for emplyment is 2015. I'm in my late 20's and I am actually worried about my law enforcement career. I hope I can get hired before I'm 35.
              Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 07-02-2010, 12:44 PM.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• What is TSU and EOD? My EOD is 6/2/10 or on this forum you mean the actual date you work?

Comment

• Originally posted by THENEWKID View Post
                  What is TSU and EOD? My EOD is 6/2/10 or on this forum you mean the actual date you work?
                  EOD is when you Enter On Duty, in other words your first day when you report to your assigned POE. You'll get an EOD once you get the call from the hiring center. I really hope those calls go out, we need new blood at the POEs. Ya'll have been patient enough! Good luck to you guys! (and gals too!)
                  *****CBP Officer*****
                  Hot South Texas

Comment

• Hey everyone, need some help with the credit check. I passed my credit check the first time around about a year ago. Now since I had job loss, I have 2 deliquent debts. I have 6 of them and paid 4 them off, now working on the last two. I now work 3 part time police jobs and busting my tail to get back on track finacially. If my BI shows im making all efforts necessary, does that bode well for me? It wasnt my choice the economy took a dump, and had to make some tough choices with the birth of my first child. Any one have a similar experience??? Any info would greatly help.
                    Last edited by POPO6; 07-05-2010, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by POPO6 View Post
                      Hey everyone, need some help with the credit check. I passed my credit check the first time around about a year ago. Now since I had job loss, I have 2 deliquent debts. I have 6 of them and paid 4 them off, now working on the last two. I now work 3 part time police jobs and busting my tail to get back on track finacially. If my BI shows im making all efforts necessary, does that bode well for me? It wasnt my choice the economy took a dump, and had to make some tough choices with the birth of my first child. Any one have a similar experience??? Any info would greatly help.
                      You BI is based on the totality of the circumstances. In this case as you describe it, you lost a job during one of the worst economies in the last 100 years. You now work three jobs to make ends meet. You are correct the BI will come out and talk to you again. Then his report will be sent to an adjudicator where a determination will be made, again. I think you are covered. You are doing everything you can and your delinquency was not your fault (i.e. you weren't out partying and living it up without paying your bills).
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Hello evreyone, I have a quick question for those waiting to get the Background clear again. As of about three weeks ago, my CASS reads all pre employment forms cleared, but background still says that forms have not been received yet. Any info is greatly appreciated.
                        Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                          You BI is based on the totality of the circumstances. In this case as you describe it, you lost a job during one of the worst economies in the last 100 years. You now work three jobs to make ends meet. You are correct the BI will come out and talk to you again. Then his report will be sent to an adjudicator where a determination will be made, again. I think you are covered. You are doing everything you can and your delinquency was not your fault (i.e. you weren't out partying and living it up without paying your bills).
                          No, wasnt out partying. I did get some bad financial advice. Went with a debt settlement company to help me out. I was desperate at the time and needed to get out of debt. Was actually a scam. I got sued, then had a new born. Besides my baby, everything was a nightmare financially. But things are getting better. Now another job offer would top things off.

Comment

• $136 million to maintain current staffing levels at Customs and Border Protection and to add 500 more officers along the southwest border
                            Appropriations concluded think last week... of course - Have to add this part--->
                            The bill now goes back to the Senate for approval.
                            Last edited by Sytes; 07-07-2010, 02:29 AM.
                            Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sytes View Post
                              Appropriations concluded think last week... of course - Have to add this part--->
                              Well did they leave the earmark in for the 12's? Can youu post where you got this from?

P.S. Nevermind. It appears the House gave DHS more than what they asked for in salaries and since the GS-12's was in the request, I'd think it was left in.
                              Last edited by kc12; 07-07-2010, 06:17 AM.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                                Well did they leave the earmark in for the 12's? Can youu post where you got this from?
                                NTEU (07/06 Bulletin)
                                Nothing on the GS-12 deal... Would sure be nice. Though no mention - as yet.

House Gives Agencies Needed Funding Boosts
                                Last week was busy for appropriators with a number of NTEU-represented agencies getting much-needed funding increases for fiscal 2010 and boosts for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2011.

Before leaving for the July 4 recess, the House passed amendments to the Senate-passed supplemental appropriations bill providing for the following:

• An additional $245 million for Internal Revenue Service enforcement;

• $136 million to maintain current staffing levels at Customs and Border Protection and to add 500 more officers along the southwest border; and

• $38 million more for the Social Security Administration to continue disability reviews and conduct redetermination of eligibility cases.

The bill now goes back to the Senate for approval.

In addition, the House Subcommittee on Agriculture Appropriations approved an additional $55 million above the president's request for the FDA in its funding bill.
                                Suppose I should add: NTEU Bulletins are not FOUO.
                                Last edited by Sytes; 07-07-2010, 06:44 AM.
                                Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6992 users online. 371 members and 6621 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X