Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It takes about half the day. The exact questions are told to you before they administer the polygraph. They are very broad questions and basically ask "are you telling the truth" about several different subjects and are used to judge your honesty and trustworthyness. I am not going to say the specific questions asked.
    Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mackabo View Post
      For anybody still wondering, CBP is going to polygraph all applicants who have not yet EOD'd. I got the call to take the poly this week, and the CBP IA SA told me that there was a huge push for him to get a ton of polys done before October. Looks like a good sign to me.
      I was told that my name was on some sort of list as to why they were updating my medical, FCRA and now background packet. Could this list be for a polygraph? Or for hire as I am an AZ applicant?
      Border Patrol
      Written Test 02/2009
      TSU AZ Preference
      09/24/2009

      CBPO
      Written Test 03/2009
      TSU AZ Preference
      09/22/2009

      IEA
      Phoenix Field Office
      Written Test 05/2009
      Tentative Offer 06/2009
      Med/Fitness 10/2009
      Oral Boards 12/2009
      Referred to Scheduling 04/2010

      Comment


      • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
        Spoke with MHC this morning and told them about the duplicate packet. The lady told me that they were just too efficient and laughed. Long story short, I am good to go and my packet is in the security office.

        Now the funny part, one packet asked for 3 copies, the other only asked for 1. The first packet requested 3 fingerprints, the second only asked for 2. The second packet did not have two of the forms also.

        Also I don't know the purpose of the FCRA form, because they just send another one when they send the BI update packet.

        And yes, if you have been in TSU at least 3/4 of a year, you will be getting a BU update packet.
        I have been in TSU for 1 year and 2 months and only had to redo the credit check.......no background packet.....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
          I have been in TSU for 1 year and 2 months and only had to redo the credit check.......no background packet.....
          I am in the same boat. And I put in for the same location as you.
          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

          Comment


          • Wish I could say I had an answer for you +1 year guys, but we all know this process is not logical! All I can pass on is what I was told and that is basically if you are not a DHS employee, your BI is good for 1 year. They advised that everyone would receive an update packet eventually. Mine was received almost exactly 1 year after my sit down for my initial BI.
            CBPO East Texas
            TO: 3/3/09
            Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
            Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
            Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
            VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
            Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
            Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
            BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
            TSU: 8/27/09
            FCRA: 05/19/10
            BI Update: 6/16/10

            Comment


            • My online CBPO Status says Referred to Schedule EOD 6/2/2010 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Is that GOOD NEWS? .....or is there a Hiring Freeze. I did do a polygraph in April. Is there something happening in October (I read a few post back that they doing polygraphs cause new class starting?). I am in Honolulu, Hawaii and my port is Honolulu as well.

              Comment


              • Welcome to the club, have seat, relax. Cary on with your life, don't keep all your eggs in one basket.

                Aloha!
                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

                Comment


                • People are saying things are going to happen in October because the 2011 Fiscal Year starts October 1st. Keep in mind that just because the Fiscal Year starts in October, that doesn't mean that the agencies get their money for 2011 then. Most agencies do not receive their budget money until November-December...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FedorBust76 View Post
                    I was told that my name was on some sort of list as to why they were updating my medical, FCRA and now background packet. Could this list be for a polygraph? Or for hire as I am an AZ applicant?
                    Yes the list could be either of those things. It could also be a list of people who need to have their package refreshed.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

                    For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

                    Comment


                    • In TSU since 12/10/08 for NJ, what does "status candidate" mean???

                      Comment


                      • Status candidate means current government employee with 2 or more years of service

                        Comment


                        • In regards to things picking up in October, we heard that last year as well
                          CBPO
                          TSU 8/7/09 Washington Northern Border
                          T.O. 3/31/09
                          S7

                          FAM
                          Applied: 2/5/10
                          paperwork: 3/27/10
                          CO: Waiting

                          Comment


                          • Hey folks, update here on my status. Been in TSU since 07/09, just recieved a call from a special agent asking me to take my polygraph and set it up next week. Just about a week ago I recieved the email regarding the FCRA forms which i mailed today. Im not worried about the poly, ive taken one before for a previous employment and agency. I guess we will see what happens.
                            TSU since 07/10/2009

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TX54 View Post
                              Hey folks, update here on my status. Been in TSU since 07/09, just recieved a call from a special agent asking me to take my polygraph and set it up next week. Just about a week ago I recieved the email regarding the FCRA forms which i mailed today. Im not worried about the poly, ive taken one before for a previous employment and agency. I guess we will see what happens.

                              I got a call yesterday from an agent to set up a polygraph test for me too! I've been in TSU since 5/28/09. I re-did my FCRA forms about 2 or 3 months ago. He asked if I had applied for BP Agent or Customs. The man said that CBP has been phasing in the polygraphs over the past two years and eventually everyone will be getting them. I asked if it meant that the hiring would pick up and he said it "was another step closer to being hired." I guess it's good to know they haven't forgotten about me! haha! So anyone have any idea what type of questons they ask you? lol

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                                I got a call yesterday from an agent to set up a polygraph test for me too! I've been in TSU since 5/28/09. I re-did my FCRA forms about 2 or 3 months ago. He asked if I had applied for BP Agent or Customs. The man said that CBP has been phasing in the polygraphs over the past two years and eventually everyone will be getting them. I asked if it meant that the hiring would pick up and he said it "was another step closer to being hired." I guess it's good to know they haven't forgotten about me! haha! So anyone have any idea what type of questons they ask you? lol

                                I take it your heading to houston?, we both are probably gonna be in the same building, and probably spoke to the same person. Ha!! Interesting. Whats your geo location? Mines E. Texas. As far as the poly goes, its probably a good idea to - remain (naive) to the testing or try not to worry about what they will ask you, but what i can tell you is, just be completely honest and dont worry about what they will and will not ask you, thats the main advice i can tell you on how to handle these things.
                                TSU since 07/10/2009

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6469 users online. 391 members and 6078 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X