300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
    Hate to be Debbie Downer, but the FCRA form is being sent out to everyone after 1 year in TSU. Next you will receive forms to update your BI. You can get excited if they call you for a med or fit test. Those are the two they ate holding until they are ready to offer a position. I just resubmitted FCRA and all BI paperwork again as I hit the 1 year mark.
    I am about five months short of my 1 year anniversary in TSU. I had emailed MHC when I was pulled from TSU for the FCRA a few months ago and they told me that they would not send me the new one until things were going to move.

I'm not getting overly hopeful, but who knows.

Comment

• This gives a better idea of how the $600 Mil will be spend:
      http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cf...d=45544&sid=60

Does not look good for OFO...OBP will get a bunch of new hires instead of losing people.
      Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Here is a new one. Got my BI update packet. Propmtly completed it and returned. Checked CASS today and updated forms received / in security office. Feeling pretty good until I got home and checked my mail. What did I find, but a completely different BI update packet, from a completely different person, with a completely different due date. Now I have to call MHC tomorrow because I have this fear of someone dropping me from the process because I did not submit the duplicate packet.

Sakic...as for the fact that you are not at one year yet, look at it like this. CBP got a bunch of money this year, but did not hire a lot of people. My guess is that they are using this years funds to re-cert as many as they can. I was not at 1 year either.
        Last edited by USMC0844; 06-24-2010, 09:21 PM.
        CBPO East Texas
        TO: 3/3/09
        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
        TSU: 8/27/09
        FCRA: 05/19/10
        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• http://wcbstv.com/local/maurice.gord...2.1764362.html

We just lost one of our brothers in New York. Rest in peace Officer Gordon.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• I just got my credit report paperwork that i need to fill out yesterday. It has been a little over a month since I met my 1 year anniversary in TSU. I didn't expect they were going to do anything so I guess it's not a bad thing. I would expect they'll do the same for you. Remember, certify mail everything! Keep your head up!

Comment

• Spoke with MHC this morning and told them about the duplicate packet. The lady told me that they were just too efficient and laughed. Long story short, I am good to go and my packet is in the security office.

Now the funny part, one packet asked for 3 copies, the other only asked for 1. The first packet requested 3 fingerprints, the second only asked for 2. The second packet did not have two of the forms also.

Also I don't know the purpose of the FCRA form, because they just send another one when they send the BI update packet.

And yes, if you have been in TSU at least 3/4 of a year, you will be getting a BU update packet.
              CBPO East Texas
              TO: 3/3/09
              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
              TSU: 8/27/09
              FCRA: 05/19/10
              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Well i'm in the security office, again!!! lol well in the last year i've lost 20 lbs and now need to work on cardio alot!! at the rate were heading i should be down another 15 lbs and smoke free running a mile in 7 flat!!! lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                  And yes, if you have been in TSU at least 3/4 of a year, you will be getting a BU update packet.
                  Hmmm. I've been in TSU for more than a year now and no packet... Could it be that they use my new TSU date, which is 12/1/2009? Originally, I was in TSU on 6/11/2009, but got pulled to do polygraph late October.
                  TO: 4/09/09
                  Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                  TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
                    i believe so... so then you can apply for all those status candidate openings
                    Actually, It - as in, Federal "Permanent" employees is based on 3 years. 2 years in CBP to clear probation... 3 years as federal employee for "permanent".

In the mean time the category on an SF-50 would list as Excepted / Conditional. Excepted will switch to "Competitive" after 2 years clearing probation... The Conditional will switch to "Permanent" upon 3 years Federal employee service. - Haha! That is if I recall correctly... Do I have that right Merlin? Or is it visa versa... -
                    Last edited by Sytes; 06-25-2010, 07:26 PM.
                    Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                      Hmmm. I've been in TSU for more than a year now and no packet... Could it be that they use my new TSU date, which is 12/1/2009? Originally, I was in TSU on 6/11/2009, but got pulled to do polygraph late October.
                      I wasn't even near 1 year mark in TSU and I received the package. I wish there was an answer for this...
                      TSU - 8/28/09
                      TO - 3/2009
                      On the job

Comment

• You are correct sir. You are not a Permanent employee till you have served for 3 years. You will have re-employment status as a former employee for life. Less than that and you only have re-employment status for 3 years.
                        Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• For anybody still wondering, CBP is going to polygraph all applicants who have not yet EOD'd. I got the call to take the poly this week, and the CBP IA SA told me that there was a huge push for him to get a ton of polys done before October. Looks like a good sign to me.
                          CBPO
                          Written 08/08
                          TO 02/09
                          TSU 06/09
                          BI Expired 04/10
                          Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                          Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                          TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                          Written 08/10
                          TO 09/10
                          TSU 11/10
                          THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                          FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• Mackabo,

I think the polygraphs examiners will be able to keep up with this rate of hire.
                            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                            Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
                              after 2 years are we "status candidates"?

This link should help clear things up.

http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/careerappointments.asp
                              CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Originally posted by mackabo View Post
                                For anybody still wondering, CBP is going to polygraph all applicants who have not yet EOD'd. I got the call to take the poly this week, and the CBP IA SA told me that there was a huge push for him to get a ton of polys done before October. Looks like a good sign to me.
                                What are the types of questions that are asked durring a polygraph? and how long does it take?

Thanks
                                Paul

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7852 users online. 419 members and 7433 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X