Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So nobody got "The Call" this month either, huh?
    CBP written test Miami, FL
    11/10/2007
    NOR letter 01/16/2008
    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
    9/4/2009
    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
    never got first)
    qualifications completed
    BI interview 9/30/2009
    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
    poly: Mar 2011
    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

    Comment


    • RIP Maurice. Putos are everywhere unfortunately.
      CBP written test Miami, FL
      11/10/2007
      NOR letter 01/16/2008
      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
      9/4/2009
      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
      never got first)
      qualifications completed
      BI interview 9/30/2009
      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
      poly: Mar 2011
      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

      Comment


      • Tsu dont mean nothing?

        I got new info.. to those of you that don't know TSU no longer means where on the line when you will be called. Read below.. its when you 1st got your tenitative offer NOT when you went to TSU Thank God for us that beem waiting .

        As of February 1, 2010, the Training Scheduling Unit (TSU) calls applicants based on the original date of their selection on a certificate, not based on the Refer to Scheduling date. Therefore, your Refer to Scheduling date of 6/16/2010 is not relevant to the order that you will be called once vacancies are received. Your original date of certification is (I took my date out for private matter)for the location of New Jersey..

        Thank you,

        Training Scheduling Unit

        Minneapolis Hiring Center

        Customs & Border Protection

        Department of Homeland Security
        Test 10/07
        TSU 8/24/09

        Comment


        • Originally posted by justwaiting View Post
          I got new info.. to those of you that don't know TSU no longer means where on the line when you will be called. Read below.. its when you 1st got your tenitative offer NOT when you went to TSU Thank God for us that beem waiting .

          As of February 1, 2010, the Training Scheduling Unit (TSU) calls applicants based on the original date of their selection on a certificate, not based on the Refer to Scheduling date. Therefore, your Refer to Scheduling date of 6/16/2010 is not relevant to the order that you will be called once vacancies are received. Your original date of certification is (I took my date out for private matter)for the location of New Jersey..

          Thank you,

          Training Scheduling Unit

          Minneapolis Hiring Center

          Customs & Border Protection

          Department of Homeland Security

          Does that mean they're going by the TO date?
          TSU - 8/28/09
          TO - 3/2009
          On the job

          Comment


          • This was posted months ago....
            Last edited by PL07; 06-23-2010, 02:45 PM.

            Comment


            • We landed on the moon!

              Just messing with you, but seriously the switch to TO date has been public knowledge since probably Feb/Mar.
              CBPO East Texas
              TO: 3/3/09
              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
              TSU: 8/27/09
              FCRA: 05/19/10
              BI Update: 6/16/10

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                Does that mean they're going by the TO date?
                Yes, according to the email they sent me.. because I had to re-clear because for them to check my credit again.. then on the web site it says referred to TSU 6/22/10 so I questioned that because I didn't want to be at the end of the list.. so they emailed me saying its by when you 1st got the offer.. when the package came to fill out the paper work.
                Test 10/07
                TSU 8/24/09

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                  Looks just like one of the POEs in Alaska that was featured on the show Homeland Security last year on ABC.
                  It's a fairly common look for many, if not most, smaller NB ports. Especially for those ports more or less 'outside of the beaten paths'.

                  Comment


                  • after 2 years are we "status candidates"?

                    Comment


                    • Well, after many many months, I just got an email with my credit update forms! Maybe there is a chance that I will get hired after all. The last time I emailed MHC, they told me that they would send me the forms when they were ready to move on my hiring status.

                      Also got a hiring freeze email from NCIS...bummer

                      Comment


                      • The Obama administration is asking Congress for money to expand the Border Patrol by 1,000 agents, add scores of other federal law enforcement officers and deploy two more aerial drones as part of heightened security at the Mexican border.
                        http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/23/us/23border.html

                        Some potential good news...for those looking to be hired here and/or elsewhere.

                        Comment


                        • I thought CBP was awesome when I started, but you slowly realize how little authority you have, and if you refuse someone, the next day they'll get in another port. the only fun part is seizing narcotics and those are few and far between...if you go to a northern border, Canadians can pretty much do whatever they want and there are few times you can do something about it.

                          look for other Fed jobs...ICE, DEA, OIG, HHS...go to school! worth it. I'll be starting my 1811 soon..

                          only stress comes from CBP

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CountryBoyFed View Post
                            I thought CBP was awesome when I started, but you slowly realize how little authority you have, and if you refuse someone, the next day they'll get in another port. the only fun part is seizing narcotics and those are few and far between...if you go to a northern border, Canadians can pretty much do whatever they want and there are few times you can do something about it.

                            look for other Fed jobs...ICE, DEA, OIG, HHS...go to school! worth it. I'll be starting my 1811 soon..

                            only stress comes from CBP

                            Here we go again. Sorry you had a bad experience where you are at. Your experience is not the same as everyone else. I am glad that you found another job you might be happy in rather than stick around being miserable and making others miserable. Good luck in your new job. The agency is very large and sitting in an airport in New York is very different from sitting in an airport in Chicago. Sitting in a land border booth in Alcan is very different than sitting in one in Skid Row. Sitting at Miami seaport is very different from sitting in Pascagoula. The agency is large enough to offer something for almost everyone. It's just finding your niche, that becomes a problem. If you want running and gunning and a lot of authority go to the SWB. If you want laid back go to a small seaport. If you want to do some work but not much go to a small northern land border crossing. If you want a climate controlled environment go to an passenger airport. If you want to deal with things not people go to a cargo port. If you don't mind going out, getting sweaty, and tearing stuff up, go to a large cargo seaport.

                            I'll be the first to admit the agency isn't for everyone. But speaking as someone who has had a lot of different jobs with retirement and disability from a couple, this place is not all that bad. The pay is great, but should be higher for the knowledge we must have. The work is not too difficult. I'm not sitting in a fox hole someplace with sand in places I didn't know I could get sand. I'm not going from call to call for half pay. I'm not locked in a building with several hundred inmates and only my wits and hands for protection for quarter pay.
                            Last edited by kc12; 06-24-2010, 08:13 AM.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

                            For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sakic View Post
                              Well, after many many months, I just got an email with my credit update forms! Maybe there is a chance that I will get hired after all. The last time I emailed MHC, they told me that they would send me the forms when they were ready to move on my hiring status.

                              Also got a hiring freeze email from NCIS...bummer
                              Hate to be Debbie Downer, but the FCRA form is being sent out to everyone after 1 year in TSU. Next you will receive forms to update your BI. You can get excited if they call you for a med or fit test. Those are the two they are holding until they are ready to offer a position. I just resubmitted FCRA and all BI paperwork again as I hit the 1 year mark.
                              Last edited by USMC0844; 06-24-2010, 10:24 PM.
                              CBPO East Texas
                              TO: 3/3/09
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                              TSU: 8/27/09
                              FCRA: 05/19/10
                              BI Update: 6/16/10

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
                                after 2 years are we "status candidates"?
                                i believe so... so then you can apply for all those status candidate openings

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7901 users online. 418 members and 7483 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X