Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
    Didn't you have a poly as well?
    No I haven't had a poly nor any mention of one but I'm sure it will come up eventually.
    Exam - July 2008
    NOR - Aug 2008
    T.O. - Dec 2008
    Background Completed - March 2009
    TSU - April 22 2009
    FCRA - March 2010
    Drivers License Form - May 2010
    Back in TSU - June 15 2010
    Poly - January 2011
    2nd BI - May 2011 (Still waiting on the little green check)

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
      I had that message back before I was referred to TSU the first time. Once the final approval is given, the next message will read "Referred to scheduled EOD" which is where you will hang out until hiring starts again for your port or your BI expires again next year.
      Thanks
      I think I remember now. I completely forgot about that message. Its been a while, I was in TSU since 4/22/09 but its all coming back to me now.
      Exam - July 2008
      NOR - Aug 2008
      T.O. - Dec 2008
      Background Completed - March 2009
      TSU - April 22 2009
      FCRA - March 2010
      Drivers License Form - May 2010
      Back in TSU - June 15 2010
      Poly - January 2011
      2nd BI - May 2011 (Still waiting on the little green check)

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        Thanks. It's as good of an excuse as any if prints technically can change within a 1 year time frame. I was under the impression that the original background lasted for 3 years? What is the logic in all of this and why does the process seems to be so erratic? Why would they spend so much more money when they have so much less?
        THE logic is pretty basic . It creates jobs . When I left CBP we had sometimes 5 Sups and two Chiefs standing around 25 to 30 officers . What is the logic in that ? And they are adding more . Each new Sup eventually leads to having more Chiefs. More Chiefs will eventually lead to more APD s . This is not just CBP. But CBP is the worst as far as I can tell. ICE which is really doing something operates with a SAC . BP was running whole shifts with a Sup on call and they actually get invovled in stuff not just a processing question like should we give the Tn three years.

Once a job is created they need to fill the space . We need to keep re doing these backgrounds Boss. Sounds good . Each BI group has Sups each Sup has Chief or something like it get the picture.
        My last BG at CBP was a very costly affair. There was no logic at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob View Post
          THE logic is pretty basic . It creates jobs . When I left CBP we had sometimes 5 Sups and two Chiefs standing around 25 to 30 officers . What is the logic in that ? And they are adding more . Each new Sup eventually leads to having more Chiefs. More Chiefs will eventually lead to more APD s . This is not just CBP. But CBP is the worst as far as I can tell. ICE which is really doing something operates with a SAC . BP was running whole shifts with a Sup on call and they actually get invovled in stuff not just a processing question like should we give the Tn three years.

Once a job is created they need to fill the space . We need to keep re doing these backgrounds Boss. Sounds good . Each BI group has Sups each Sup has Chief or something like it get the picture.
          My last BG at CBP was a very costly affair. There was no logic at all.
          I wish they would have some of these people work on my BI. My file has been pending in the security office for over 7 months without having received a call from an investigator or anything. I had my poly a few weeks ago which I didn't even think I was going to have to do.... but I guess anyone who hasn't made it into TSU already has to backtrack and do them.
          Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

Comment

• Originally posted by GeauxForthTiger View Post
            I wish they would have some of these people work on my BI. My file has been pending in the security office for over 7 months without having received a call from an investigator or anything. I had my poly a few weeks ago which I didn't even think I was going to have to do.... but I guess anyone who hasn't made it into TSU already has to backtrack and do them.
            Nothing at CBP makes sense . It is all for show . Shotguns which you will not have access too . Etc .

My five year background started a year and half ago I left CBP with close to 9 years. Even that was not done in any order others who started before me had their background done before mine.
            I have a new job with a full background and CBP is not done. The BI got in touch with me a week ago a minor correction had to be made. I told him I no longer needed to be cleared and he said he had to finnish and sumit the correction. I explained my new Fed job etc to no avail he said if I did not cooperate it could cause problems in the future. I said I was just tryto save the tax payer a dime .
            On another note my friend who works at what was one of the busiest land crossing told me that overtime vanished in June. This from a Port that if you were an 11 you capped if you wanted to or not a few years ago.
            CBP is a facilitation job plain and simple. WHEN traffic is down there simply is not a need for facilitators. When jobs in the US are not given away , when tourism is down , when shopping across the border is down you go from 20k cars a day to 7k etc. Therefore far less i 94 etc
            WITH that said YOU WILL GET A JOB. People keep quiting . They keep making more Supervisors and Chiefs . And if the economy comes back stampers galore will be in need. ! AT SOME POINT YOU WILL GET A JOB . I do not think you will see mass hiring like in the past but at least 25 to 30 stampers per Port a year [the major Ports } I saw they were trying to expand a the Vermont Port that had 2 cars and hour cross ??????????

Comment

I saw they were trying to expand a the Vermont Port that had 2 cars and hour cross ??????????

Morse's line, VT. East of Highgate. While I have never worked there, I did drive through it sometime around the late 90s.

That 2 car-an-hour figure is a bit misleading. That's during slow-time. On a busy day it's more like 8-10 cars an hour.

Morse's Line, like many other northern-border smaller ports, was built roughly 50-80 years ago. It wasn't designed to meet the current needs of CBP. Today's port needs computers, cameras, holding cells, search rooms. interview rooms, secure storage areas, fingerprint stations, baggage search areas, vehicle search areas, dedicated cargo areas, etc. that just weren't needed during the 30's through 60's. We (CBP) have grown; we've taken on a great many more people, our administrative/law enforcement missions have increased, and our priorities have changed greatly in the years since ML was built.

Comment

• Dajob. I would appreciate it if you would stop harassing me on other threads and bringing up crap that no one there or here cares about.

Everyone who has been on here for more than a few months knows exactly who you are. You are a Troll with nothing useful to offer. You were banned as "Huntthejackel" you were banned as "EscapeCBP" and its only a matter of time before the mods figure you out or you say something stupid enough to get banned under this screen name.

Comment

My five year background started a year and half ago I left CBP with close to 9 years. Even that was not done in any order others who started before me had their background done before mine.
                  I have a new job with a full background and CBP is not done. The BI got in touch with me a week ago a minor correction had to be made. I told him I no longer needed to be cleared and he said he had to finnish and sumit the correction. I explained my new Fed job etc to no avail he said if I did not cooperate it could cause problems in the future. I said I was just tryto save the tax payer a dime .
                  A couple things. I'll start with the disclaimer, it has several years since I did this work so things might have changed. If your BI is a contractor they only get paid when they do something. If he is submitting a change and calls to let them know you have quit then he doesn't get paid for any of the work he has already done. I had many investigations canceled when I contacted the subject and was advised they had moved on. I called OPM, who contacted the agency to verify, and got back to me. Often this process took a week or two. Never once did the information flow from the agency to me that the investigation was no longer needed without my prompting. Since I left that job the time requirements have grown more strict. If the BI was given a very short time period to complete the work, and it takes longer for the information to flow through the system and back to cancel the investigation than his due date, it could cause problems for him. Everything was going to a time driven process. Failure to meet the due dates reflected very poorly on the investigator. If I recall correctly, a rumor had been floated, that if the BI was not done within time limits the pay for the company would be cut. The whole idea was to improve efficiency and save money. I think it has done a good job at that, overall. In rare cases like yours it does spend a little more than it did, but overall it has saved money.

I was not a contractor, but I worked for a contract company. I would often show my credentials and explain who I was, but people still would say I worked for the FBI.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

Nothing at CBP makes sense . It is all for show . Shotguns which you will not have access too . Etc .

On another note my friend who works at what was one of the busiest land crossing told me that overtime vanished in June. This from a Port that if you were an 11 you capped if you wanted to or not a few years ago.
                    CBP is a facilitation job plain and simple. WHEN traffic is down there simply is not a need for facilitators. When jobs in the US are not given away , when tourism is down , when shopping across the border is down you go from 20k cars a day to 7k etc. Therefore far less i 94 etc
                    WITH that said YOU WILL GET A JOB. People keep quiting . They keep making more Supervisors and Chiefs . And if the economy comes back stampers galore will be in need. ! AT SOME POINT YOU WILL GET A JOB . I do not think you will see mass hiring like in the past but at least 25 to 30 stampers per Port a year [the major Ports } I saw they were trying to expand a the Vermont Port that had 2 cars and hour cross ??????????

What high speed LE job did you leave CBP for sir? How does a move from a GS-12 (in fy11) with a 35k premium pay cap to a gs-12 with no ot at all equate to a good career move?
                    Last edited by BigPat; 06-21-2010, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• As to the background checks, I am not with OFO but I am with OBP, but I am sure that it is the same..... my 5 year was several years late... but some other folks that work with me have been getting their 5 year a few months early.... it appears that after the big hiring push that they finally caught up.....

Comment

• As I sit here at the local PD waiting for finger prints #2, it dawned on me. Maybe this is all just a stimulus plan. The investigations keep people employed. The fingerprints are a $20-40k influx to the local PD depending on how much you pay. The constant deadlines result in at least $20k to the post office in special mailings to avoid being dropped.
                        CBPO East Texas
                        TO: 3/3/09
                        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                        TSU: 8/27/09
                        FCRA: 05/19/10
                        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Morses Line PoE...if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                            What high speed LE job did you leave CBP for sir? How does a move from a GS-12 (in fy11) with a 35k premium pay cap to a gs-12 with no ot at all equate to a good career move?
                            Let's also point out he's moving from 20-year 12D retirement into standard 30-year FERS retirement.

20 year retirement at 34% vrs 30 year retirement at 30%. I'm not seeing 'good career move' written over that choice either.
                            Last edited by merlin436; 06-21-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• OMG...I found this from the New York thread...

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...lled-in-Queens.

RIP
                              TSU - 8/28/09
                              TO - 3/2009
                              On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Morses Line PoE...if anyone is interested.
                                Looks just like one of the POEs in Alaska that was featured on the show Homeland Security last year on ABC.
                                CBP written test Miami, FL
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009
                                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                                poly: Mar 2011
                                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7795 users online. 443 members and 7352 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X