Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They make you re-do the entire thing, BI investigation and all!!!? What the heck?
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Being in TSU or out of TSU really has little practical difference at the moment. Unless and until they start hiring, you're only going to sit anyway. Most likely, your "spot in line" is reserved, so if you're bounced from TSU to cut more paperwork or whatever, you'll likely come back in the line in the position where you left from.
      Last edited by merlin436; 06-17-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        They make you re-do the entire thing, BI investigation and all!!!? What the heck?
        Maybe I'm special. SF86 the e-quip, fingerprints and all! CASS B.I. is still Pending. I don't believe there is any kind of rush here . The object is not to die and stay in shape with mind, body and soul.
        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Did they send another guy to interview you?
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

Comment

Did they send another guy to interview you?
            Yes. New investigator. He only spent 2.5 hrs with me. First guy 5 hrs.
            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
              Yes. New investigator. He only spent 2.5 hrs with me. First guy 5 hrs.
              We are pioneers. I don't think anybody else has met with their second BI due to TSU longevity. Add onto this a polygraph and I'm pretty sure we are costing the agency a pretty penny. It's no wonder they are trying to get rid of us.

I still can't fathom what the purpose of a second print set is.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

Comment

• Tuffstuffcbp,

"I still can't fathom what the purpose of a second print set is."

To make sure your the same person that started the process and not your evil twin.
                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.

Comment

• Anytime you are arrested you are printed. If you are arrested without your ID there is little way to prove who you are. As a result fingerprints are the most accurate way to run you criminal history. Contrary to common knowledge your prints can change over time. The small cuts and scars on your fingers do change you prints.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Got the BI update packet via regular mail yesterday. E-Qip, FCRA, fingerprints, and Declaration for Federal Emloyment. Two weeks to have everything completed and post marked.
                    CBPO East Texas
                    TO: 3/3/09
                    Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                    Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                    Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                    VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                    Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                    Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                    BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                    TSU: 8/27/09
                    FCRA: 05/19/10
                    BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Thanks. It's as good of an excuse as any if prints technically can change within a 1 year time frame. I was under the impression that the original background lasted for 3 years? What is the logic in all of this and why does the process seems to be so erratic? Why would they spend so much more money when they have so much less?
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU

Comment

I was under the impression that the original background lasted for 3 years? What is the logic in all of this and why does the process seems to be so erratic? Why would they spend so much more money when they have so much less?
                        It actually lasts 5 years if you are employed. If I recall correctly, it only lasts a year after you are released from employment or if you never receive a job.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Yeah....5 years for current employees and 1 year for employees who are not hired.

Comment

• Hello everyone I just want to share what was going on with my FCRA. *I do not post on here very often but I am an avid reader.

They sent the FCRA for me to update sometime in early march. I sent it back the same day and within two weeks they had my BI as being In the security room. It stayed like this until last week. It switched to say I was missing some forms. That is when I recieved an email asking me to fill out and submit a driver's license verification form. I did this right away and as of the 14th of June my Cass reads as follows: "*You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps." I took the test in august 2008 and was placed in TSU on 4/22/09. And yes I know the TSU date means nothing. Just showing a bit of my timeline is all.

I was also curious if anyone else has the same message?*
                            Exam - July 2008
                            NOR - Aug 2008
                            T.O. - Dec 2008
                            Background Completed - March 2009
                            TSU - April 22 2009
                            FCRA - March 2010
                            Drivers License Form - May 2010
                            Back in TSU - June 15 2010
                            Poly - January 2011
                            2nd BI - May 2011 (Still waiting on the little green check)

Comment

• Didn't you have a poly as well?
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by NIKKIinBUFFALO View Post
                                Hello everyone I just want to share what was going on with my FCRA. *I do not post on here very often but I am an avid reader.

They sent the FCRA for me to update sometime in early march. I sent it back the same day and within two weeks they had my BI as being In the security room. It stayed like this until last week. It switched to say I was missing some forms. That is when I recieved an email asking me to fill out and submit a driver's license verification form. I did this right away and as of the 14th of June my Cass reads as follows: "*You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps." I took the test in august 2008 and was placed in TSU on 4/22/09. And yes I know the TSU date means nothing. Just showing a bit of my timeline is all.

I was also curious if anyone else has the same message?*
                                I had that message back before I was referred to TSU the first time. Once the final approval is given, the next message will read "Referred to scheduled EOD" which is where you will hang out until hiring starts again for your port or your BI expires again next year.
                                CBPO East Texas
                                TO: 3/3/09
                                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                                TSU: 8/27/09
                                FCRA: 05/19/10
                                BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5817 users online. 285 members and 5532 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X