Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitted FCRA paperwork a few weeks ago. CASS went from "required documentation not received" to "your file is in the security office." Now it is back to "required documentation not received" hopefully a glitch, but my guess is more info needed or time for the poly.
    CBPO East Texas
    TO: 3/3/09
    Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
    Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
    Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
    VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
    Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
    Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
    BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
    TSU: 8/27/09
    FCRA: 05/19/10
    BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• USMC,

you might get a package from FedEx...
      TSU - 8/28/09
      TO - 3/2009
      On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
        USMC,

you might get a package from FedEx...
        I figure they need something else. Have to admit, it's kind of nice to have to submit stuff again. For a while there I felt further from the job than when I started. Almost wondered if I had dreamt the whole thing!
        CBPO East Texas
        TO: 3/3/09
        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
        TSU: 8/27/09
        FCRA: 05/19/10
        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
          I figure they need something else. Have to admit, it's kind of nice to have to submit stuff again. For a while there I felt further from the job than when I started. Almost wondered if I had dreamt the whole thing!
          First, they asked for FCRA forms. I think month down the line, they sent me a package. It was the same forms that we got the first time. You have to do the finger prints again. They asked us to re-do E-Qip as well, thank god the previous entries was still there. Just the last part you have to click on few things. Then print copies for yourself and 2 sets of each and mail them back.

I just noticed you have similar dates on the sig...almost identical

This whole process got me all hyped up last year, thinking I'm getting in last year. Now, Im starting to doubt it to even make it this year...
          TSU - 8/28/09
          TO - 3/2009
          On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Another BP related tidbit...

According to the folks on Delphi, there are 14 PA classes sheduled for the 4th quarter of FY2010. Roughly, that's 700 new hires for the Patrol starting in July.
            To go along with that, this is not verifiable but I am currently in an advanced class. One of my friends is currently an instructor at Gylnco. He is taking a class. I asked him what he was teaching. His response was nothing right now. He did say that he was told to expect 500 new trainees between July and the end of the fiscal year so who knows.

FB

Comment

• If you are talking abot CBPO, there is only one more class for CBPO in July until the fiscal year starts and that may be cancelled. We have a few going at my port and they were told that by HQ.

Comment

• Seeing 500 new CBPOs hired before Oct. wouldn't suprise me that much. Seeing 25 new CBPOs hired before Oct. wouldn't suprise me either.

Expect nothing...or everything. That's pretty much been the way of it for the last few years. 12D retirement, GS-12s, pursuit driving, M4/shotgun training, etc.

Related to suprises...ICE just announced a name change/restructuring. What it'll all mean when the dust settles...I have no idea.

It might be getting interesting in the future though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                  Hey Khue,

Did they send you a package of the forms again? We have pretty close dates on ur sig..just except my TSU date is in Aug09...this wait sucks..I was hoping to get the call within this year...Now my Cass is pending on the background...
                  It's weird. I didn't get any forms or any email regarding updates to my profile. CASS shows I am still in TSU for 12/1/2009. My original TSU date was 6/11/2009, but because of the polygraph in November, they updated to 12/1/09. Will I be getting the forms around December then? Happy 1 year waiting for me!
                  TO: 4/09/09
                  Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                  TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Seeing 500 new CBPOs hired before Oct. wouldn't suprise me that much. Seeing 25 new CBPOs hired before Oct. wouldn't suprise me either.

Expect nothing...or everything. That's pretty much been the way of it for the last few years. 12D retirement, GS-12s, pursuit driving, M4/shotgun training, etc.

Related to suprises...ICE just announced a name change/restructuring. What it'll all mean when the dust settles...I have no idea.

It might be getting interesting in the future though.
                    Where did you hear that about ICE? There is nothing on ICE website, in any public source, and none of the ICE guys here at the academy know anything about it.

FB

Comment

• Its all over the forums...there was a email about it.
                      Last edited by PL07; 06-11-2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• As PL said...it's all over the forums.

Supposedly they issued a directive on the 9th.

See, among others...

http://www.911jobforums.com/showthread.php?p=535254
                        http://forums.delphiforums.com/ICESp...es/?msg=2326.1

Comment

• I'm still wondering why there's a hold on DHS hiring yet BP is classing up all kinds of people.

Comment

• DHS hiring? Agencies in DHS are hiring everyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulturesal View Post
                              I'm still wondering why there's a hold on DHS hiring yet BP is classing up all kinds of people.
                              There is no 'hold' on hiring, not at least within CBP. They've simply chosen not to hire many people over the last year or so. IF and when they decide differently, they'll hire more. Chances are, there's FY10 money squirreled away that's budgeted for hiring that hasn't been spent. Chances are, we'll see it used sometime before Oct.

Comment

• With word on the street saying that there is only one more academy class for CBPO in July for the fiscal year, they would hire enough to fill those spots then wait until October. Truth is we don't know what the plan is and no one will until HQ does something. All you guys can do is wait and see. Hiring will start again. CBPOs leave CBP everyday for other local, state, and federal agencies, some are fired, some retire, and some pass away. At some point they will have to fill these spots as some POEs will drop below authorized staffing levels.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3604 users online. 251 members and 3353 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X