Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one knows except the CBP higher ups at HQ.

Comment

• DirtSailor,

Perhaps.
      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 09:56 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Based soley upon TO date

Comment

• Not true. They've actually come up with a score based on all of those things within some odd matrix. For example, my TO was issued on 1/30 of 2009. When I spoke with someone from the help desk, she told me that my new "selection date" was 01/15/2009. She told me that it was based on a number of things.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Retaking the test will do nothing for you...

Comment

• It's actually based on using your certificate date, which is a date that that you're unlikely to know...as an applicant. Roughly, it's usually on or around(before) the time of your TO date.

I suppose one could argue test scores and vet. preference matter. Think of running in a marathon. Which marathon you run in is determined by your geographical preference and test score/vet preference, if any. Where you finish in the marathon is determined by the test score plus vet. points, if any. Everybody running in your particular marathon is going to finish on the same date(cert. date). Those testing highest and those with added vet. points finish in the front of the pack. Those testing lowest finish in the back of the pack. Something has to be used to sort out an order to everyone issued on a particular date.

As far as retaking the test...unless you're looking to change your geographical preference I wouldn't even think about it. The potential of a massive screw-up(re-issuance of a new cert/TO date and other jam-ups) most likely would far exceed any potential gain of a greater test score. I'd sit tight.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  As far as retaking the test...unless you're looking to change your geographical preference I wouldn't even think about it. The potential of a massive screw-up(re-issuance of a new cert/TO date and other jam-ups) most likely would far exceed any potential gain of a greater test score. I'd sit tight.
                  Unless you just barely passed, I would agree. If you score lower, but still pass you now HAVE to use the last score. So if you scored an 85 the first time, and a 70 this time, your place is now based on a 70!
                  Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• So basically the way I understand it is like taking the list in excel and sorting it by TO date and test score, then going down the list. If they need 5 officers, they will take the first 5 on the list. A applicant with a TO date of 3/19 and 90 will get selected before 3/19 and 80. An applicant with 3/19 and 80 will get selected before a 4/25 and 90. TSU date could be used as the third factor if the first to are equal.
                    CBPO East Texas
                    TO: 3/3/09
                    Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                    Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                    Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                    VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                    Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                    Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                    BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                    TSU: 8/27/09
                    FCRA: 05/19/10
                    BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Its actually more complicated than that from what i understand, because they are supposed to take a certain percentage of new hires with no govt background and a certain percentage individuals who are already federal employees. So if thats true, that is just another aspect of the formula they use.
                      Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

Comment

• The Minneapolis Hiring Center is unable to predict when a CBPO position will become available within any particular geographic location; in this current economic climate, the turnover of positions for CBP Officers has slowed considerably. We have an extremely low attrition rate for this position and will only be filling a limited number of vacancies in 2010. We expect this trend to continue through 2011.
                        Did anyone else get this with their NOR????

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                          Unless you just barely passed, I would agree. If you score lower, but still pass you now HAVE to use the last score. So if you scored an 85 the first time, and a 70 this time, your place is now based on a 70!
                          wow, I dont even know what should I do now, I barely passed (72). I thought I would never get a TO, until March 09. Since then I went through the process. Got in TSU 8/09. Just recently they Fedex me the same paperworks to fill out and re-print the E-Qip. So I'm back to pending on BI on CASS.
                          TSU - 8/28/09
                          TO - 3/2009
                          On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                            wow, I dont even know what should I do now, I barely passed (72). I thought I would never get a TO, until March 09. Since then I went through the process. Got in TSU 8/09. Just recently they Fedex me the same paperworks to fill out and re-print the E-Qip. So I'm back to pending on BI on CASS.
                            I'd sit tight.

You have a TO. Eventually, if all works out right, you'll get a call. It's only a matter of when. The only reason I'd retest with a current TO is to up my score and to switch geographical locations.

This retesting notion is much like what we did back in the day when we jostled and pushed our way around in the lunch line in elementary school. While it moved some people closer to the front of the line, eventually everybody got fed.

Comment

• Another BP related tidbit...

According to the folks on Delphi, there are 14 PA classes sheduled for the 4th quarter of FY2010. Roughly, that's 700 new hires for the Patrol starting in July.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                                DirtSailor,

Perhaps.

I can live with a perhaps lol .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7015 users online. 397 members and 6618 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X