300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI all...

Border Patrol is on the record stating that they're looking at opening up a new hiring announcement sometime around July.

While it's far from a 100% certainty that "we'll" be doing the same, I'll say that past practice suggests that a new CBPO hiring announcement will likely open at roughly the same time.

Comment

• Sounds good. How about sending out some T.O.'s

Comment

• Could you imagine the absurdity of a new announcement?

I wonder how WHEN is doing. WHEN, if you're still here, have you recieved any correspondance whatsoever? Additionally, has your BI cleared again and are you back in TSU? How long did it take?
        Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 06-08-2010, 09:43 AM.
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• At my port, I even heard this month for a new announcement for CBPOs. Don't be surprised if there is one in June or July...

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:55 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Since when has the U.S. government including CBP ever acted logical? Border Patrol has thousands of applicants still waiting on T.O.'s from their last exam for NB and they are supposed to post another announcement also. Make any sense? Not at all but you have to expect it lol. And you have to expect that some of the people in TSU who are randomly polyd will fail.

Comment

• Yeah, none of this really makes sense. The government will justify their actions by saying they want a fresh candidate group because they haven't had an exam in a long time. The very fact that the government can post another job on usajobs.gov is just another statistic for the Department of Labor to say the country is improving and Obama is doing a great job turning this country around. It's all just propaganda that has our hopes up that sometime soon we might be working for DHS. To think that a majority of candidates in TSU will be in the academy within the next year... or two years is unrealistic going by the 2009-present hiring process. We have what... 1,000 - 1,500 or maybe more candidates in TSU or close to it ready to work for CBP? How many guys and girls were actually hired in the last year in a half? I honestly don't have any idea what those numbers are but I can only imagine... maybe 250? At this rate, it will take 4-6 years to deplete the current TSU list! Now they are going to possibly have another exam? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. The government doesn't make sense but I think we already knew that.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  FYI all...

Border Patrol is on the record stating that they're looking at opening up a new hiring announcement sometime around July.

While it's far from a 100% certainty that "we'll" be doing the same, I'll say that past practice suggests that a new CBPO hiring announcement will likely open at roughly the same time.
                  That's cause they're trying to fill the spots that have become vacant due to guys like me
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:55 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Why would you retake the test to improve your score? Score means nothing when you are in TSU.

Comment

• Uncle Sugar

Consider the "Use It or Lose It" mentality regarding a new announcement this fiscal year. DHS jobs count on recruitment and advertising budgets. But what do I know, anyway it's not even posted yet so my banter is moot.
                        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• What's absurd about a new announcement?

You guys in the process now are mostly expected to be 2010/2011/2012 hires. Many of those testing this summer(if a new announcent opens) aren't looking at being hired for many months to several yaers.

As far as hiring since 2009, I'd have to look for the numbers. Off the top of my head, I'm guessing somewhere around 1500. roughly 1400 in 2009, and 100 so far this year.

Comment

• Just for the sake of argument, lets say that EVERYONE who tested in the last 2 years and currently waiting on a job is hired. Now everyone is not going to make it through FLETC, or the follow on training. Some will not make it through probation for what ever reason. Then there are those who just don't like the job and quit, take another job they applied for while waiting for this one ect, ect. If we hired 1500 people, in 2 years we would probably only have 800 or less left.
                            People will continue to retire, quit and get fired that are on the job now and have to be replaced. That is not even counting the ones who are killed or injured to the point they can no longer perform the job. We cannot empty the pool, and not have anyone waiting in the process.

We are about to wrap up FY2010, so with only 4 months to go, we will use any money set aside for testing, hiring and training. Another announcement makes perfect cents (forgive the pun, but I felt compelled).
                            Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Very true..there have been many at my port that have retired, quit, moved to other agencies, been fired, etc. and have not been replaced.

Comment

• This is probably a bad question.... but.... any idea if Miami/Ft. Lauderdale will be hiring within the next 7 months?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11569 users online. 419 members and 11150 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X