Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got an email to go for a poly. It does say Border patrol but I'm assuming they are the only ones who do the polys since it's more of a new thing for CBP to do polys.
    Anwyays anyone know why they need to know if you are female and pregnant? Will that affect the result?
    CBPO
    Test: July 2008
    TO: 12/26/08
    VBT 1/21/09-passed
    Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
    Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
    Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
    BI - Cleared
    TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
    BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
    Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
      I just got an email to go for a poly. It does say Border patrol but I'm assuming they are the only ones who do the polys since it's more of a new thing for CBP to do polys.
      Anwyays anyone know why they need to know if you are female and pregnant? Will that affect the result?
      I'm no expert, but maybe because two hearts in one body make it harder for the examiner to get accurate reading. Who knows the baby might be lying...
      TO: 4/09/09
      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Hey Khue,

Did they send you a package of the forms again? We have pretty close dates on ur sig..just except my TSU date is in Aug09...this wait sucks..I was hoping to get the call within this year...Now my Cass is pending on the background...
        TSU - 8/28/09
        TO - 3/2009
        On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
          Hey Khue,

Did they send you a package of the forms again? We have pretty close dates on ur sig..just except my TSU date is in Aug09...this wait sucks..I was hoping to get the call within this year...Now my Cass is pending on the background...
          I'm on the same boat...cass dropped me from tsu and sent my pre-employment forms and background to pending. I received and sent back the credit update form and the only thing that's changed since then is having my employment forms complete again. Still pending my background, though. Guess they're still checking out my credit info.

I'll give it a few months til I'm back on the TSU wagon....if my credit doesn't blow it, that is.
          "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
          TEST - 03/02/09
          NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
          TO - 04/06/09
          FORMS - 04/21/09
          MED/FIT - 04/29/09
          DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
          QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
          VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
          BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
          TSU - 08/14/09
          The "Call" - 01/14/11
          EOD - 02/07/11
          FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
          TEST - 12/13/10
          NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• I'm having the same problem. The frustrating thing is that I have never once been late on a payment, carried a balance or had a collections agency after me. I've got 2 credit cards paid loans in the past and have ZERO debt from college. I'm worried that they've lost my file.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've realized why my BI hasn't gone back to TSU Link

It will go back to TSU after I've taken a polygraph test, as per the requirement of the pending Senate bill. Everyone waiting for the position will either take a poly or not be hired. 60% of us will not be hired after having already reached TSU. It kind of sounds like a weighted coin flip, doesn't it?
            Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 06-04-2010, 08:18 PM.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• That is crazy! 6 hours!?! I'm kind of interested. Since we all have to take it, we might as well look forward to it. I've sworn I wouldn't read about polygraphs - I want to go in like a blank slate.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                That is crazy! 6 hours!?! I'm kind of interested. Since we all have to take it, we might as well look forward to it. I've sworn I wouldn't read about polygraphs - I want to go in like a blank slate.
                Haha, they will asked if you've read or researched anything on poly or google it. I told them yes because I never took one and wanted to know about it. The examiner was straight up honest and told me what they're looking for and no cameras were in the room and review the questions being asked. You'll know before hand what they're going to ask before being polygraphed. And you will know your result at the end. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnylawman38 View Post
                  Any idea when CBP is hiring again? I read the link above about more money going to CBP for hiring.
                  Depending on the GEO that you chose during the hiring process, an applicant may never be called.

Comment

• Maybe, maybe not. According to the bill, CBP won't have to poly 100% of applicants until 2 years after the bill is enacted; if it is ever enacted.

The Secretary of Homeland Security shall ensure that--

(1) by not later than 2 years after the date of the enactment of this Act, all applicants for law enforcement positions with U.S. Customs and Border Protection receive polygraph examinations before being hired for such a position; and

At least that's the way I read it.
                    CBPO
                    Written 08/08
                    TO 02/09
                    TSU 06/09
                    BI Expired 04/10
                    Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                    Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                    TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                    Written 08/10
                    TO 09/10
                    TSU 11/10
                    THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                    FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• It's merely a bill. Any member of Congress can propose a bill. Few such proposals become law.

60% is the number of people who pastly/presently have failed the poly. Since past/present poly exam practices have focused their gaze mostly at people who appear to have issues requiring additional scrutinity, it's not all that supprising that a fairly high number of those people manage to fail the test.
                      If/once the test becomes a standard for everyone/nearly everyone, expect the failure rate to drop markedly...as many more "high-end/average" people will become part of tested population.

Comment

• I am back in TSU and I sent back my credit app on 4/22. I also recieved a form for my drivers license information that I have to list and send back! I'm not to sure what that was for!??? I checked CASS and I am all good to go as for now. So I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with having issues getting back into TSU. Sounds like there might be some other issues. Does anyone know what the reason for sending out drivers license forms would be??? Thanks Paul. I am waiting for a Michigan position to open up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grounsize View Post
                          I am back in TSU and I sent back my credit app on 4/22. I also recieved a form for my drivers license information that I have to list and send back! I'm not to sure what that was for!??? I checked CASS and I am all good to go as for now. So I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with having issues getting back into TSU. Sounds like there might be some other issues. Does anyone know what the reason for sending out drivers license forms would be??? Thanks Paul. I am waiting for a Michigan position to open up.
                          Having a valid DL is one of the requirements for the job. Driving government vehicles is standard for the position. In many places, we drive a lot.

Our Uncle Sugar wants a look at an applicant's driving history before handing over the keys to a marked unit with all the 'bells and whistles'. Putting a G-ride into the hands of habitual speeders, DUIers and the like has cost the old man $$$ in the past, so he's looking avoid that sort of problem...where and if he can.

Comment

• I have been in TSU now for over a year and have not recieved a credit update form or anything. Is that strange?
                            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• I've been out of TSU for over 3 months now since my credit expired. My credit is perfect, but for some reason It's still hanging there and nobody has any answers.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

Comment

• Well when I received my TO, my 1.5 mile was at 14. Just yesterday, I completed my first 1/2 marathon in 1:43. I guess if nothing else, I can thank CBP for giving me the motivation to get back in to shape!
                                Last edited by USMC0844; 06-07-2010, 11:01 AM.
                                CBPO East Texas
                                TO: 3/3/09
                                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                                TSU: 8/27/09
                                FCRA: 05/19/10
                                BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5604 users online. 302 members and 5302 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X