Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thank you for response Yoda. Be safe.

    Comment


    • http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37340747..._news-security

      TUCSON, Ariz. - President Barack Obama will send 1,200 National Guard troops to help secure the U.S.-Mexico border, an administration official and an Arizona congresswoman said Tuesday, pre-empting Republican plans to try to force votes on such a deployment.

      Obama will also request $500 million for border protection and law enforcement activities, they said.

      The National Guard troops will work on intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance support, analysis and training, and support efforts blocking drug trafficking. The troops will temporarily supplement border patrol agents until Customs and Border Patrol can recruit and train additional officers and agents to serve on the border, the administration official said.


      damn, i dont even know if its a good thing or a bad thing for us that is waiting....
      TSU - 8/28/09
      TO - 3/2009
      On the job

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sr20 View Post
        http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37340747..._news-security

        TUCSON, Ariz. - President Barack Obama will send 1,200 National Guard troops to help secure the U.S.-Mexico border, an administration official and an Arizona congresswoman said Tuesday, pre-empting Republican plans to try to force votes on such a deployment.

        Obama will also request $500 million for border protection and law enforcement activities, they said.

        The National Guard troops will work on intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance support, analysis and training, and support efforts blocking drug trafficking. The troops will temporarily supplement border patrol agents until Customs and Border Patrol can recruit and train additional officers and agents to serve on the border, the administration official said.


        damn, i dont even know if its a good thing or a bad thing for us that is waiting....

        I think its a good thing for those of just waiting on a start date. The troops don't have police powers so they will need more CBP. I hope it also means they might start recruiting again, I would like to take the test even though it would be a very long wait to get hired.

        Comment


        • Hey all, I have been trying to get a hold of someone from the EQIP, sent e-mail and called and left message, but they haven't replied to me it's been 3 days with no luck. Has anyone got a hold of hem? if so, How? Thanks in advance

          Comment


          • http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/...Jvb3BzdG90aGVt

            Obama will also request $500 million for border protection and law enforcement activities, according to lawmakers and administration officials.
            The National Guard troops will work on intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance support, analysis and training, and support efforts to block drug trafficking. They will temporarily supplement Border Patrol agents until Customs and Border Protection can recruit and train additional officers and agents to serve on the border, according to a letter Tuesday from top administration security officials to Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin, D-Mich.
            I'd say this is good news.
            The more you sweat in here, the less you'll bleed on the street. - Plaque at LASD academy

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Akito View Post
              Hey all, I have been trying to get a hold of someone from the EQIP, sent e-mail and called and left message, but they haven't replied to me it's been 3 days with no luck. Has anyone got a hold of hem? if so, How? Thanks in advance
              This email has worked every time. I needed them to reset my golden questions; they got back to me right away.

              [email protected]

              Hope it helps.
              CBPO
              Written 08/08
              TO 02/09
              TSU 06/09
              BI Expired 04/10
              Polygraph 06/10--Passed
              Met with 2nd BI--07/10
              TSU 08/10

              CBP BPA
              Written 08/10
              TO 09/10
              TSU 11/10
              THE CALL: 03/02/2011
              FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
                How many more years do you think people without TO's will have to wait for TO's? 1-2, or more?
                Better question is how many more years are people in CASS going to have to wait for the phone call I am beginning to think this was just a sick psychological experiment

                Comment


                • Thanks alot for your response Mackabo!!

                  Comment


                  • Remember the good old days when we were so hopeful about getting on the job that we had a TSU list and everything?! Haha
                    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                      Remember the good old days when we were so hopeful about getting on the job that we had a TSU list and everything?! Haha
                      haha oh yeah damn it.. i worked so hard on that list..ughhh
                      CBPO

                      Comment


                      • Maybe this will cheer you guys up:

                        http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cf...d=45349&sid=60

                        It is part of the DOD supplemental and would fund training again, as well as add aditional officers , mainly on the SW Border area.
                        Last edited by biggdawgdaddy; 05-27-2010, 07:12 PM.
                        Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

                        Comment


                        • i remember those days... now i'm just short of my 1 year in tsu waiting for all my background checks to clear again. one day we should get everyone who has been waiting during this wait together for a drink or two or ten.

                          Comment


                          • Well that was quick. Received my FCRA forms on the 20th. Sent back on the 23rd. CASS updated with all paperwork received on the 26th. My credit report just updated that US Customs pulled my credit on the 29th. Too bad hiring does not move that fast!
                            CBPO East Texas
                            TO: 3/3/09
                            Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                            Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                            Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                            VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                            Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                            Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                            BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                            TSU: 8/27/09
                            FCRA: 05/19/10
                            BI Update: 6/16/10

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                              Well that was quick. Received my FCRA forms on the 20th. Sent back on the 23rd. CASS updated with all paperwork received on the 26th. My credit report just updated that US Customs pulled my credit on the 29th. Too bad hiring does not move that fast!
                              I hope it keeps moving along for you. Mine did the same, but the last part to for the BI has been "in the security office" ever since. They pulled my CR about 2 months ago.
                              Geo: Illinois
                              Test Score: 94
                              Quals: GS-7
                              T.O.: 8/7/2007
                              Referred to Schedule EOD

                              "Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

                              Comment


                              • Hello everyone, hope you are having a good weekend. I have one last question before I resend all my paperwork again for my BI, this is my second time sending it in, but I'm confused.
                                On the form, it says to provide Four sets of forms. Can anyone pleasereiterate as to what that means? I dont want to get told that because of it I was taken out. I have tried calling, but have not received an answer. Thanks in advance.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 16837 users online. 466 members and 16371 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X